Chapter 8

My Six Teenage Genies

"I have no class today!" I ran into the boys room. "Let me hear you say YEAH!"

 

~Silence~

 

"Aish.. you guys are no fun."

 

They looked at each other and started whooping around, screaming like idiots, jumping here and there with their hands in the air.

 

"That's more like it" I laughed. "Okay.. knock it off."

 

They sat in a circle around me acting normal again.

 

"Let's go somewhere. What do you think?"

"Where?" Zelo came close to me. I ruffled his hair. "I don't know. Where do you wanna go?"

Daehyun suddenly rested his head on my shoulder. "Not the beach" he said behind his mask.

"We can go to the aquarium!" Youngjae suggested. 

"No no.. The club, where we can party!" Yongguk said as he gave Himchan a high-five.

"Its 10 in the morning. Plus the kids aren't allowed in the club."

 

Himchan and Yongguk made a face.

 

"We can go to the water park!" Jongup finally spoke.

 

I gulped.

 

"Yeah.. the water park!" Himchan threw his fist in the air.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Yongguk approved.

Zelo smirked "That would be awesome!"

 

They were all so hyped up. Even Daehyun was smiling and nodding.

 

"So.. what do you say?" the boys looked at me, expecting an answer.

 

*What to say.. what to say?*

 

"To the water park!" I said it almost like a question. They all jumped up and started packing right away.

 

__________________________________________

 

We took a spot in front of the open swimming pool and put all our stuff there. The boys quickly changed. The others already went playing, except Youngjae who was sitting next to me while I read.

 

"Why aren't you joining them?" I asked Youngjae.

"Why aren't you?"

"I can't swim to sve my life. I almost drown once. In a kiddie pool." 

"Ouch.." Youngjae hissed.

"Yeah.. I was 12." 

 

Youngjae choked on his coke. 

 

"What?" I looked at him.

He just ignored me and shook his head. "You're funny."

 

Just then, a tall figure appeared in front of me.

 

"Hey.." Himchan had an evil smirk on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Get her." He cocked his head to the side.

 

Out of nowhere, I was lifted to my feet and was placed on Yongguk's shoulder. He ran to the middle of the pool and waited for the others to arrive.

 

"If you drop me.. I swear I will.." 

Yongguk took his hand of me. "You'll what?"

"Oh my god.." I grabbed his neck and curled my legs around his waist. "Get me back on land! Now!"

"Not until you get in the water."

"I am not letting go!"

 

The boys gathered around me and started tickling me. 

The next thing I knew, I fell into the water. The cold water seeped into my shirt and pierced my bare skin. I accidentally drank some of the water and I couldn't see anything clearly. 

A strong pair of arms grabbed me from behind.

 

"Noona.." 

 

I coughed a few times and wiped my face. My hair was a complete mess and my shirt was see through.

 

"Are you okay?" I could here the boys still laughing at me. Jongup was holding me in his arms. He too was laughing.

"Its not funny!" I splashed the water at them.

"We were just having fun."

"You gotta admit, noona. That was pretty awesome."

 

I tried to stay angry but I couldn't. The laugh just burst right out of my mouth. It wouldn't even stop.

 

"I thought.. I thought I was going to die.." I was still laughing. "You guys wouldn't kill me..."

 

The boys kept a straight face.

 

"..right." my face fell. They just kept quiet. I gulped.

 

Then they laughed. So loud I felt like the place was filled with their laughter. "Eunha, you're hilarious!" 

I awkwardly laughed. *they were joking.. right?*

 

"Let's get on that one" Zelo and Yongguk pulled me away.

 

We stopped in front of a big, no.. huge, no.. gigantic slide, with a 90 degree slope. 

 

"That? Oh no.." I walked away. "Noona! Come on." Zelo pulled me back and pushed me to the stairs.

 

After a few minutes of lining up, it was our turn. Yongguk placed the tube in front of me and Zelo sat in front. Yongguk motioned me to sit down. "I'll be right behind you." He smiled. 

I sat behind Zelo and Yongguk had his arms around me. At that moment I didn't mind. I was going to die.

 

"3,2,1..GO!" the man pushed our tube into a dark tunnel.

 

I was so scared that I couldn't even scream. I hugged Zelo from behind and forced my head to his back. Yongguk was laughing and Zelo kept asking if I was fine. 

I didn't even answer him. How could I. My life was hanging by a thread. 

 

"Woah! That was fun!" Zelo punched the air. He ran to tell the others.

My knees were weak after that ride. "Come on, there's more over there." Yongguk hit my back as he ran pass me. 

"Don't ever leave me alone with those freaks, ever again." I whispered to Himchan. He chuckled and bent his knees. He picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride. "They were just having, Eunha. Don't worry. I'll take care of you."

 

______________________________________

 

We were all in the shallow part of the pool, dipping our feet in water and eating ice-cream.

 

"This was the most fun I've had in my entire life." Youngjae said.

"Yeah.. mine too." Jongup flashed me a smile.

Daehyun gave me a thumbs up and Zelo put his arms around my shoulder.

"Thanks Eunha. We've never had anyone treat us like this before."

 

I smiled. *They're so sweet*

 

"Don't you miss home?" 

"We've only been here for 4 hours.." 

"No. I mean your real home." I paused. "Genie land or something.."

"Mato." Yongguk spoke.

"I'm sorry?"

"Our home.. its Mato." he sighed. "We haven't been allowed there since we failed our last mission."

"When was that?"

"Two years ago." Jongup looked down.

 

They kept quiet. I didn't want to be rude so I just bit my tongue.

 

"Aren't you gonna ask why?" Daehyun looked at me. Curiosity in his eyes.

"Why?" 

"She was nice at first. But she got greedy. She started being mean. She'd lock us up in a room and let us stay there. She wouldn't even see us until her wish date. She'd wish to have money, and be pretty, and to be popular and this and that." Himchan took a deep breath. "We got tired. After 4 months we fled. But because we failed, we weren't allowed in Mato."

"So we had to find a new master. Someone else who we could make happy." Yongguk said.

"And then you appeared." Zelo smiled. "And you were perfect."

"We pledge our souls for your happiness." 

"For you, our Master!"

 

 

Tears suddenly formed in my eyes out of nowhere.

 

"I'm gonna get you boys home. I promise."

 

 

 

 

___________________________

​I have a poll for you. Do vote!