Chapter 1

My Six Teenage Genies

I'm Eunha, Joo Eunha. I have a story to tell and this is it.

On my 19th birthday, I was going through a lot of bad stuffs. I prefer to call these bad stuffs as "Crap". Given the situation, allow me to explain in details the crap I had to deal with. I will put this in orderly form for you. And so, I begin.

 

Crap 1 :

"OUT!" she said as she pointed her index finger at the entrance of my class.

"But.. but.. let me explain.."  I begged, "it will make perfect sense once I do.. Give me a second to just lay down the truth."

"Fine," she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose "One."

 

I stared at her, dumbfounded. I couldn't understand *What the hell is going on?*

 

"OUT!" she screamed once more.

"I don't understand.."

"I gave you a second and you didn't explain. Therefore, GET OUT OF MY CLASS!"

 

~Pause~

Okay this scene makes me look like a bad student. But really, I am one of the best student in class. I swear.  

 

I was running to the bus top, afraid I might be late for class. But I was half an hour early. I could never be late. I checked my bag once again to make sure the assignment that was due today was in my bag. It was. Perfectly in my black folder in my school bag. I sighed with relief and a smile drew across my lips.

But that smile soon disappear when a distressed scream was heard. An old lady was sprawled in the middle of the road and a vehicle was threateningly approaching her. Without hesitation, I ran and grabbed the old lady to the side of the road. The vehicle let out a loud honk before driving away.

I focused my attention on the old lady.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I brushed off the dust on her shoulders.

 "Let go of me!" She pushed my hands away. "I was doing fine on my own!"

 

She fixed herself and walked away. *Crazy old woman* I walked back to the bus stop. It was then when I noticed something.

"MY BAG!"

It was nowhere to be found. Not at the bus stop, not on the street, nowhere! *Mrs Seo is going to kill me!* I was so focused on looking for my bag that I missed the bus I was waiting for in the first place. So, I was late for class.

And so I was kicked out of class. A great way to start a day, huh?

 

Crap 2 :

"How was I suppose to know he was allergic to nuts? He specifically requested for an almond waffle!"

"You're fired." he said, with no emotions in his eyes.

"No, I am not!" I exclaimed, "This is not my fault!"

"He could've died, Eunha."

"I don't care! It wasn't my fault!"

"Pack your stuff and leave." 

"Please... its my birthday." I was on the verge of breaking down.

"Happy birthday. You're fired." 

"No.. no.. no.. no! This is my first mistake, Mr Kim. Give me a break. I need this job!"

 

He stood there, expecting me to leave. I my guts in and,

 

"You can't fire me! I QUIT!"

 

~Pause~

With that I walked out, with everything I had, my pride, my courage and my dignity. There was only one thing I didn't have. A job. And boy, did I need a job.

 

Crap 3 : 

I hugged him as soon as I caught my breath. I was so happy to see him. He on the other hand didn't seem so enthusiastic.

 

"Kai! You have no idea how much of a bad day it is for me. I was kicked out of class, fired from my only job and everyone seem to have forgotten my.."

"I want to date other girls." he blurted out. 

 

I stared at him in disbelief. 

 

"..birthday." I finished my sentence. His eyes widened. "Eunha.. your birthday.. its.."

"Today. Right now actually." I ran my fingers through my hair.

 

I took a seat at the nearest bench I could fine in the park. Kai followed. 

 

"Happy birthday."

"Shut up." 

 

After a moment of silence, I finally spoke, "Fine."

I got up and walked away. Just a few steps away from Kai, I turned around and shouted, "SCREW YOU!"

 

~Pause~

It was pretty dramatic. Yeah, my fav part was the last bit. I should have I said something stronger though. Maybe something like "GOOD LUCK BEING GAY!' or "GO TO HELL YOU USELESS PRICK!"

But i'm sophisticated. I would never say something like that.

 

Or would I?

 

Crap 4 :

Beep

" Hey sweetheart. Happy birthday! Your father couldn't come to the phone. He is sick as hell! He cannot handle the food here in Hiroshima. Anyway, you're a big girl now and I'm sure you're doing fine by yourself , honey. We love you, we respect you and we trust you. Keep on studying and do us proud alright? Take care, sunshine!"

Beep

 

"UMMA!" I started rolling on the floor, crying like a baby. DING - DONG. Some one's at the door.

I wiped my tears and straighten myself up.

 

"Hi, Eunha." he said as soon as I opened the door.

"Chanyeol oppa.."

"Happy birthday!" flashing his pearl white teeth.

 

I smiled. *His happy virus spreading all across the room.*

 

"Would you like to come in?"

"No. I can't. Um, I just here to remind you that you haven't paid the rent yet and my dad is going crazy."

I flinched. "I don't have the money now.."

"Eunha.." he sighed.

"I'll get it tomorrow.." I bit my lips. "I promise."

 

After he bid goodbye, I locked the door, dropped on the floor once again and cried my eyes out. I saw the bills on the table in front of me and cried even louder.

*What am I going to do?*

 

~Pause~

 

Bad, bad stuff, huh? Yeah. I guess it was quite of an off day for me. But you know what? It got better. 6 boys came into my life to help me go through it. And this is where the real story begins.

 

The story of me....

 

and my 6 teenage genies.