Chapter 11

My Six Teenage Genies

"Hey.." 

 

I flinched when I heard a voice close to my ear. I turned around only to see Himchan, holding drinks in both his hand, behind me. 

 

"Yah, oppa! Where have you been?" 

"I was here all along..." He winked.

"But, I was here.. with.."

"Chanyeol! Yeah I know." He chuckled. "You guys seem awkward."

 

I scowled at him.

 

"I wanna go home. I'm tired and I miss the boys."

 

Himchan dropped the drinks and wrapped his arms around my shoulder. "Come on. I need to tell you some things."

 

___________________________________

 

Himchan refused to go home yet so he insisted we went for a walk. It was cold and quiet. We stopped by a park and sat at the nearest bench.

 

"Its been three weeks.."

"Hm?" I stared at Himchan. His face has gotten so red from the cold.

"Your next wish is in 4 days."

 

I kept silent. There wasn't much to say. Its only been  three weeks and I'm already use to having the boys around.

 

"Is it normal that I feel so... attached to you guys?"

"Of course. You see, bonds are made between masters and genies. Each of us represents who you are. So, technically, you know us better than anyone else." He smirked. "And uh, vice versa."

"Wow. That's cool." I positioned myself to completely face him. "So what about the girl before me? She was your master."

"Yes, but we didn't make her happy and she didn't send us to Mato." Himchan grimaced.

"Then? Why were you sent to her in the first place?"

"If we didn't meet her.. we could never have found you." 

 

I nodded, trying to understand all the information I was getting. Himchan tapped my forehead when he saw how hard I was thinking. 

 

"So what happens when you succeed? You know.. when I'm happy?" I asked, out of the blue.

"We die."

 

I couldn't believe my ears. Impossible. They are immortal. Right? 

 

"What?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"No no. Think of it as a long sleep." He smiled. "To die would be an awfully great adventure."

"But.. You guys are young. I mean Zelo.. he's just.. he's.."

"Lucky. When we die, we are reborn to be human and live as mortals. Zelo is young so.. he'll be reborn young as well. He'll have a family. As will Jongup and Youngjae."

"And You? Daehyunnie? Yongguk?"

"We're older so..  only fate will decide. If we're lucky, we too get families."

"If you're lucky..." I lowered my head. "So what happens to me? Will you remember me?"

"No.. But, you will never forget us." 

 

Himchan sighed. He then let out a small laugh.

 

"Zelo talks about you... A lot."

"Really?" I asked, hiding my smile.

He nodded. "Daehyun too."

"Daehyun?" 

 

My voice was full of surprise. Himchan laughed.

 

"Believe it or not.. he use to laugh."

"No..." I formed an 'O' with my mouth. "You're joking!"

"Seriously. But that was before... You know." He hung his head low. 

"What happened? I mean really? The others just seem to be fine but Daehyun..."

 

Himchan stood up and cleared his throat. 

 

"Daehyun use to sing. He was so bright and happy. Out of all of us, he was closest to her. She also had this fondness towards him. They did everything together. And we could see clearly how happy he made her. But, of course, she changed. She started ignoring him, scolding him for no reason. We told him she changed but, he didn't believe us. But that one night. That one night changed him. He was singing in the room when she barged in and told him to shut up. She told him, she was tired of his voice and that she hated it."

 

Himchan paused and took a deep breath. 

 

"Daehyun had his heart broken. We all did. After that, Daehyun wore a mask. And he never sang again."

 

_____________________________

 

It was late when I got back. Himchan when straight to his room and I went into mine. I took a long hot shower before getting ready for bed. 

The whole time I was lying on my bed and trying to sleep. I couldn't help but think of the boys. How they would end up one day, when I'm out of their lives. When I'm forgotten. 

 

"Noona?" 

 

I sat up and turn on the lamp beside my bed. Zelo was peeking his head in through the door.

 

"Zelo, what's wong?"

"Its too cold downstairs., and your door wasn't locked so I...." he trailed off.

 

I chuckled under my breath and shook my head.

 

"Come here..."

 

Zelo walked into my room and came closer to my bed. 

 

"Your side, my side." I showed him as a sign to tell him to stay only on the left side of the bed.

 

He nodded and immediately got into bed and curled up in his blanket. 

I stared at the ceiling as he changed his position numerous times to get comfortable.

 

"Zelo....." I mumbled under my breath, sternly.

"Sorry noona." he chuckled. He turned to face me. "What are you thinking about?"

 

I stared at him. His eyes full of innocence. Like a child.

 

"Breakfast. What do you want?"

"YUM! Pancakes! Not the fluffy fat ones, but the crispy and thin kind!" he said with excitement.

"Okay..." I pinched his cheek. "If you go to sleep now, I'll make it for you tomorrow."

 

He nodded and immediately closed his eyes. I turned off the lamp beside me and curled up in my blanket. I felt the bed move a bit and before I knew it, Zelo had his lips on my cheek. It was soft and warm. 

 

"Goodnight noona." he whispered.

 

It took me a while to sleep after that. I have no idea why. 

 

 

 

_______________________

I have a poll for you guys!