Chapter 4

My Six Teenage Genies

I stood at the corner of my kitchen, watching the boys eat the breakfast I made for them. Nothing much. Just 20 eggs fried and scrambled and 2 packets of sausage. *These kids eat a lot*

I know each of them now. We formally introduced each other just before I made them breakfast.

The one with the abnormal deep voice and tried to give me 'CPR' was Yongguk. Himchan was the dashingly handsome one. Daehyun has a mask on all the time. Youngjae is the one with the pretty face and talks about facts. The shortest one with the tough body was Jongup. Zelo was the cute and tallest one there.

 

"Why are you staring at us?" Youngjae asked.

"Sorry.. its still is a little weird for me." 

 

I walked over and sat next to Zelo. He smiled at me and continued eating.

 

"Where did you get this table from?" I tapped the table, "This isn't mine." 

"Yeah, we thought you needed a bigger one cause we're here now." Yongguk said.

"I don't get it. You guys are genies right? You don't die. So why do you eat?"

Jongup let out a small laughter under his breath, "We still get hungry."

 

I nodded. Suddenly a plate full of food was pushed in front of me.

 

"Eat up." Daehyun said under his mask. I gave him a weak smile.

"What are we gonna do today?" Zelo asked me, enthusiastic.

"Well, I need to get groceries cause I have to live with you now and you eat a lot. So, I have to go shopping."

 

They all nodded.

 

"How old are you anyway?" I glared at each of them.

"Yongguk and I are the same age. We're 22." Himchan answered, "Daehyun is your age and Youngjae is a year younger. Jongup is 17 and Zelo is 16."

I turned to look at Zelo who was chewing his food vigorously. "You're 16?" He nodded eagerly. "So tall..." Zelo blushed.

"You both are younger than me?" I faced Jongup and Youngjae. "That's awesome!" 

 

I lighten up.

 

"If we're going to live with each other, we need some rules." I emphasize on rules. "Rule 1 : Do not use your bippity-boppity-boo magic outside the house. Rule 2 : Absolutely no alcohol. Rule 3 : I need my privacy so do not come into my room as you wish. Rule 4 : No fighting. At all. With anyone. Rule 5 : Do not call me Master! Zelo, Jongup and Youngjae will call me noona. Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk will call me by my name. I will call Daehyun by his as I will call Himchan and Yongguk oppa. This is just basic manners and to make me feel comfortable around you. Master is a very strong word. Are we clear?"

"YES!" They all said at once.

"Good. Finish your food."

 

*Maybe it won't be so bad after all.*