Chapter 12

My Six Teenage Genies

Its been four days since the party. You know what that means. *sigh* Its my wish date. I still have no idea what to wish for. 

I lifted myself to sit up as I rubbed my eyes. I stared at the clock and it was almost nine. Daehyun was on my legs and Zelo had his arms around my waist. *big surprise* Its been raining a lot lately and the boys keep using the same excuse to sneak in and sleep in my room.  

 

"Zelo-ah..." I shook him. 

 

He let out a small grunt and turned away. Now, I need Daehyun off me. He was curled into a ball, his knees to his chest and his arms covering his face, like a puppy. I looked closer at him when I noticed,

 

"His not wearing his mask.." I whispered.

I went in a little closer and pulled his arms slightly to unveil his face which he has been hiding from me for almost a month now. I couldn't see the bottom part of his face so I pulled his arms just a little more and leaned in just a little bit closer. I was just about to see his face when,

 

"What are you doing?" Youngjae appeared at the door. 

"Nothing!" I flinched. I got off the bed and went over to Youngjae. "What are you doing?"

 

He eyed me from top to bottom. 

 

"Touche.." he mumbled.

 

I chuckled and ruffled his hair. 

 

"Wake the boys up will you. I smell breakfast." 

 

I ran down and saw Jongup exercising outside. *what a weird kid..* He waved at me when he saw me staring at him. I flashed a smile at him and walked to the kitchen where the two older ones were. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw the table full of food. All my favourite ones!

 

"Woah oppa! Did you make all of this for me?" I sat at the table, immediately.

"Of course." Himchan threw his arms around me. "Its all of our favourite food. I figured you'd like them too." He patted the top of my head. 

 

I smiled, contently. Yongguk reached out his hands to grab the food in front of him. I slapped his hands and he pulled his hands away. 

 

"Crazy woman...." he mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that!" 

 

He lifted his eyebrows as a sign of rebel and took a bite of the food anyway. I gasped, angrily.

 

"Aish. How is..." I paused and turned over to catch a glimpse of Yongguk, "..that suppose to be me?"

"You guys look the same to me." Himchan laughed.

 

I looked at Yongguk who had his arms crossed, and look back at myself to see my arms crossed as well. I groaned and dropped my arms to either side of my body. 

Yongguk took my head forced it to his chest. "We're soul-mates." I struggled to break free. He rub the top of my head with his knuckles. When I finally broke free, I hit his arms.

 

"Made of steels, baby." He laughed and tapped the spot I hit. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

 

 

After a while, everybody was downstairs, gathering at the kitchen table. We were happily eating and joking around until Youngjae asked,

 

"So noona. What are you gonna wish for?" 

 

The boys all turned to look at me. I swallowed my food slowly, trying not to choke myself. I tried to look as calm as I possibly can.

 

"Its.. today?" I cleared my throat. "I have no idea." I smiled and continued to eat my food.

"There must be something you want to wish for." Jongup said.

"Lets go bowling!" I changed the topic.

 

The boys looked at each other, confused.

 

"Yah, you okay?" Yongguk asked.

 

I stood up and started picking up the dishes. 

 

"You guys go get ready. Don't worry about this. I'll clean it up." They stared at me, not sure what to do. "Go..go.." I pushed Daehyun and Jongup. 

 

The boys stood up and left. I could her them whispering about me on their way out.

 

"What's with her?"

"Wish-fright."

"Is that even real?"

"It happens sometimes. Let's not rush her okay."

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

"Eunha, your turn." Yongguk called me. He must have gotten another strike. I could hear the arrogance in his voice.

 

"Zelo ah.." I pulled Zelo close to me. "If you do it for noona, noona will love you forever!"

"Really?" Zelo smiled brightly.

"Yah, stop being a wimp and do it yourself," Daehyun said.

 

 

He lifted his eyebrows, almost like daring me to do it. I squinted my eyes and he squinted his. I could almost here cowboy fight music in the back. 

 

"Fine." I stood up and picked up a ball. 

 

The boys made way as I approached the lane. I placed my fingers in the ball and placed it at my chest. After a deep breath, I pulled my hand back and threw the ball out. 

Everything felt like in slow motion. My eyes followed the ball as it rolled slowly. The boys were shouting and cheering but I couldn't hear their voices. Everything was quiet. By the time the ball reached the center, it started to lean to the left. The happy expressions on our faces changed into despair. 

The ball kept on rolling and eventually ended up in the drain. 

 

"Gutter-ball..." Youngjae said in low voice. I hit his stomach without even looking at him.

"Its okay noona- yah. You're a girl. You should've known." Jongup wrapped his arms around me.

 

I rolled my eyes. *Smart Eunha. Bowling? Huh.*

 

"Maybe bowling isn't you thing, noona." Zelo comforted me. 

 

I shrugged. I picked up a magazine and flip through it. I came across a picture of SNSD's Yoona in her Innisfree ad. I stared at it for quite a while.

 

"Watcha lookin at?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing Zelo. She's pretty, huh?" Zelo nodded. "Yeah... Man, I wish I had her hair." I muttered.

 

The boys all turned to face me.

 

"What? Is it my turn?" I asked, confused.

"Eunha.. you made a wish!" Himchan rushed over to me. 

I shook my head, "I don't think so..."

"Noona.. your hair..." Youngjae pointed.

"What?"

 

I touched my hair and pulled it forward. It felt long, much longer than it was. In fact it went down all the way below my chest. The colour was different. My usual black hair was now brown and slighly red. 

My stare moved up to stare at the boys.

 

"What did you do?" 

"You wished for it, noona. I heard it." Zelo smiled.

"No, no.. Zelo, I said.." 

"Man, I wish I had her hair." Zelo cut in.

 

I sighed. I should have been more careful. Especially with Zelo around. 

Somehow I was relieved though. That means I get another month to think of my third wish. Perhaps I should thank Zelo.