Deceits

The Ride of Your Life

 

G Dragon had led them to a sparsely populated club in the basement of a large retail center. The place was dimly lit by evenly spaced blue lights lining the walls, just soft enough to avoid the typical electric shade of trashier places Kris had frequented before. There was an elevated corner of shining white tile atop which perched sleek black leather benches, white cube tables spaced evenly beside them. Smaller booths were scattered throughout the rest of the huge room, tall black chairs around white square slabs that seemed to be floating in the dimness.  The ceiling was higher than he'd expected, considering that this was a basement.  Kris supposed that the difficulty in actually locating the entrance probably played a factor in the small number of people present (though the fact that it was only late afternoon might have contributed as well). However, it seemed that Big Bang were regulars, since more than a few people nodded or waved when they entered. The bartender grinned when she spotted GD.
 
"The usual?" she asked when your group had taken their seats at the bar. Kris glared when GD sat himself down between you and him, wide grin still plastered across his face.
 
"Yeah. And an appletini for my girl here," he replied, tugging you into a casual side hug. You spluttered, swatting at his hand. 
 
"I shouldn't be drinking, Jiyong-"
 
"Loosen up, Jinnie. We'll make sure you don't embarass yourself," he said breezily before turning to Kris. "And what'll it be for you, er, Kris?"
 
"Whisky on the rocks," he bit out, determinedly ignoring the way your head had been tugged to rest on the other man's shoulder, as well as the words 'my girl'.
 
"Coming right up." 
 
Kris watched as the other four men gave their orders, and the bartender busied herself with them, grabbing various bottles out from under the bar, crafting the drinks with easy, practiced grace. He kept his exterior cool and relaxed, though his insides were burning, despite not yet having consumed any alcohol. 
 
Then there was a high-pitched yowling and a shout of pain, and GD laughed at your horrified expression as you wrenched yourself free to dive at Seungri to rescue your crying kitten.
 
The bartender returned with two glasses, sliding one to himself and one to the blond beside him. G Dragon picked up his pale orange concoction and raised it at Kris with a nod and a 'Cheers' before taking a large gulp. He did not return the gesture, choosing to maintain his cold glare, swirling the ice cubes around in his glass.
 
"I gotta say, she doesn't seem like your usual," the bartender said conversationally, grabbing a towel and beginning to polish an already shining glass. "What happened to the itty bitty skirts and stilettos? Or are you turning pedo a few decades early?"
 
Kris could actually hear his teeth grind against each other.
 
G Dragon chuckled. "You make me sound like some sort of chauvinist pig, Gummy."
 
"You know what you are, Jiyong," the woman replied, rolling her eyes. The blond nodded good-naturedly.
 
"I prefer 'opportunistic playboy'," he said, "and at any rate, she isn't my usual. She's a good friend."
 
"Good friend? Yeah right, you don't have female 'good friends' outside of YG except-" Gummy paused, eyes widening. "Wait, that's--?"
 
"Yup."
 
She recovered quickly. "I didn't expect her to be so..." 
 
"Haha, yeah. Most people don't."
 
"She's really back then? I mean, I heard rumours, but nothing certain."
 
"Yeah. SM roped her into training their new team. Of which," GD gestured at Kris, "Kris here is a part of, actually."
 
Kris hadn't really been paying attention, instead watching you chat with another of the quartet, your cat absentmindedly. However, his focus snapped back to the two people beside him when his name was mentioned.
 
"Ah, I see. Nice to meet you, I'm Gummy," the woman said with a smile. Kris nodded at her in acknowledgement before his eyes trailed back to you, now smacking Seungri around the head for trying to sneak your kitten out of your lap.
 
Gummy followed his gaze, then sighed. 
 
"Jiyong-ah, what are you doing this time?" she muttered resignedly.
 
"Standard interrogation procedure," he replied. 
 
"And what grounds do you have to interrogate me about anything?" Kris cut in sharply. He had been sparing an ear to their conversation since it had started, and now turned his attention entirely on the man beside him. His expression was now one of contemptuous, cold rage. His fingers gripped the untouched glass of whisky hard enough that his knuckles cracked in protest.
 
GD's eyes flicked briefly at Gummy, at which she raised an eyebrow, but turned away to busy herself with the rest of Big Bang. He then turned back to Kris with a smirk, eyes glinting wickedly in the fluorescent light.
 
"I'm just curious as to what the heir to the Black Lotus is doing in Seoul's underground tracks."
 
 
 
 
--
 
School's been an utter . I'm so sorry about the time it took me to update *cries*. Also the shortness.
 
....I'm not sorry about the ending though hEH. *shot*
 
HERE YOU GO~~
 
 
- Ace
 
PS: Guuuuyyysssss please comment I keep seeing the view count go up but the comments remain depressingly constant. ;n; Thanks~~ 
PPS: Also if it helps, I'm working on the next chapter this instant, so that should (hopefully) be up soon *cries*. School has not been kind to me, I hope you guys understand...