Hysteria

The Ride of Your Life

When the orchestra paused in their dull humming before launching into a heavily embellished version of Strauss' Vienna Waltz, the crowd automatically parted and pressed towards the walls, clearing a large circular area in the centre. Gradually, couples took to the floor, and soon your group was in danger of being bumped into by the swirling dancers. You shuffled even further away, shooing Seunghyun, who was in front of you, towards the column behind him. While GD found your anti-social actions amusing, he, like so many others in your life, felt that you needed to do a little mingling after two years of being a hermit. And, in his mind, what better place to start than at a social event like this one? What better way to catch an eye or two than on the dance floor?

"Jinhye, come on," he said, and, not giving you a chance to reply, grabbed your wrist and led you to the centre of the room.

"Kwon Jiyong, what are you doing?" you hissed at him quietly as he placed a leather-clad hand on your waist, the other, non-leather-clad one grasping one of yours. He smirked.

"Just dancing with an old friend," he replied in an innocent tone that told you that his intentions were anything but.

"You-"

"Sshhh, Jinnie, just enjoy the music. Chill out."

Of course, you had little choice but to obey as he guided you around the room, your dress joining the dozens already twirling about like multicoloured flames.



Meanwhile, Kris was having a small breakdown.

"Bring the others to find some of our sunbaes and stay with them," he ground out to the surprisingly calm boy beside him.

"Sure gege, but what are you going to do?"

His eyes narrowed as he spotted the blond one that talked you away from the table earlier leading you to dance.

"I'm going to inform Jinhye-ssi of the...situation."




"GD, can we please stop now?" you whined.

"Nope. It's only been what, one or two turns. The song hasn't even ended yet," he replied airily. You gave him the stink-eye.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you."

"Of course, Jinhye. I have the most beautiful and most talented lady in the room in my arms. Who wouldn't enjoy this?"

You rolled your eyes. "Greaseball."

He winked at you.

The song slowly drifted away to a close, and you felt grateful as you removed your hand from his shoulder. However, he kept a hold on your other hand.

"Excuse me, but may I interrupt?"

Your eyes widened to the size of saucers at the deep voice behind you.

Nonononononono-

G-Dragon, however, smiled widely at the newcomer.

"Be my guest! She's all yours," he said, voice laden with innuendo as he passed your hand to the other man, blatantly ignoring your desperate silent pleading and walking away jauntily.

You were screaming at yourself to act normal as you turned around to face him. Pretend that nothing happened. Pretend that SNSD hadn't verbally jumped you on Wednesday. Pretend that your emotions were not currently going haywire at the feeling of your hand in his. Pretend that you didn't feel that shiver down your spine when the heat of his palm burned through the thin fabric of your dress. Pretend that you couldn't see the tension and fear in his eyes as he stared down at you when you both began to move to the rhythm of the new song.

Wait, what?

"What's wrong?" you murmured softly, leaning a bit closer to him when you passed by another couple. He leaned down.

"Look over my shoulder, the three men by the orchestra, dressed in all black, with the masks," he whispered in your ear. You squashed the shudder than threatened to tremor through your body at his proximity, instead looking where he directed.

"And," he paused for a second, subtly moving you into position in the guise of merely sweeping through the room like the others, "the two by the refreshments."

You swore softly when you realized what he was trying to say. Unconsciously, you wrapped your free arm more tightly around him to propel you a bit further upwards to get a better view over his shoulder, pushing your bodies closer in the process.

"How did you-" you gasped in his ear.

"I've seen enough in my life to recognize marksmen when I see them," he said coldly, though his tone was not directed towards you. "And they've had their eyes on us for a while now."

You groaned softly, and this time, it was Kris who had to remind himself of the situation at hand to restrain himself from leaning down a few more inches and sinking his teeth into the delicate skin of your neck to draw another of that delicious sound.

"Spin me."

He faltered for a second, causing you to stumble slightly.

"What?"

"Spin me, I need to get a clear view of the entire place."

He nodded, and unwillingly removed his hand from your waist, giving your hips a slight push. You spun outwards, letting go of his hand, filmy white skirt billowing into a circle around you. Your racer's eyes quickly pinpointed the locations of the ten gunmen despite the rapid rotation. You slowed yourself to a stop a few feet away from him.

You blamed your next actions solely on the look in his eyes. It was as if your feelings were the driest of tinder, and his gaze the spark that ignited it into a positive bonfire.




Kris couldn't help but stare at your form as you twirled away from him, arms angled gracefully outwards. The flying fabric elevated to expose even more of your legs than before. He noticed a white gun holster strapped to your thigh, and the sight had a profoundly arousing effect. You caught his eyes when you stopped your spinning, and he could have sworn he saw something jerk in those black depths when you suddenly dashed towards him.

His eyes widened as your form leapt up a foot away from him, and his arms automatically extended, catching you under your arms as you fell. Your legs had wrapped themselves about his waist, your forearms pressing against his chest. His mouth was suddenly very dry, and he swallowed a moan when you panted breathlessly in his ear.

"We need to leave. Now."

It took a second for the words to register, and then another for the both of you to notice the sudden silence. The music had stopped, and practically every single pair of eyes were upon your entwined forms.

A fierce blush lit up your face and Kris made to set you down on your feet when you caught sight of the black hole of the barrel of a gun across the room, pointed right at his back.

"No!"

You yanked him down on top of you by the front of his shirt as a loud bang echoed through the hall. You pulled out your own gun from its holster as you fell, closed one eye, and fired under his arm, before getting the wind knocked out of you as Kris's weight hit you. To his credit, he seemed to grasp what was happening extremely quickly, and rolled off you immediately. He jerked you up by your arm and proceeded to dash towards his petrified teammates, dodging adroitely between the mess of attendees in the pandemonium that had broken out after the gunshot.

You were letting out a stream of cursing without taking a breath, and none of it really made sense to him.

"Those damn ers I swear to God I'm going to murder Lee Sooman for this they should have kicked that bastard out after what 2AM pulled but nooo he's still hosting the ing Gala and now there are ing assassins with his label-"

"Jinhye-ssi! Kris! What on earth is-" Suho shouted above the din.

"We need to get - DUCK!"

Another gunshot rang out, and the bullet created a nice hole in the painting behind where Chen was standing straight a second ago.

"Out! NOW!" Kris roared, and EXO did not hesitate.

You aimed at one in the second floor balcony as he raised his pistol again, and the force of the bullet that embedded itself in his forehead knocked him backwards, his black form disappearing from view.

"Jinnie! Over here!"

Sooyoung's voice rang out, and you looked to see her by the doors, fighting to stay there due to the sea of people pushing past, holding up a set of car keys. EXO was already headed towards her. However, you had hesitated a second too long, and a bullet grazed your cheek, leaving a streak of red. You cursed, and raised your gun at the two others by the gargoyles and shot both, not caring which it was that fired the shot, before tearing towards her as fast as you could.

Unfortunately, you were on the small side, and you weren't as used to walking in heels as SNSD were. Add that to the stream of bodies buffeting you from all sides, and it took everything you had to stay upright, let alone move. You began to panic when out of nowhere, a familiar large hand grabbed your wrist.

"What are you doing? Move!" Kris hissed at you sharply, eyes flicking this way and that. He did not wait for a reply before pulling you through the throng, his tall stature parting the crowd much more easily.

When the two of you broke into the cool night air, it was to see EXO running ahead of you already. However, there was no time to take a breath when you heard the whistle of another bullet fly by your head. Either your attackers inside had made it out as well, or they had accomplices who were waiting outside. Either way, you needed to get somewhere with cover.

You looked ahead to see Sooyoung opening the door of a large black SUV. You could see the forms of the eleven boys dashing towards it as you followed them, your heart pounding in your throat.

'Please get in please get in-'

Perhaps it was something that you did in your past life, because whatever higher power that heard your pleas did the exact opposite.

At that moment, another shot rang out in the night, followed by a shout of agony. You could only watch in horror as one of the figures ahead of you tumbled to the ground.

"KAI!!!"

 

 

 

 

--

OH DURRRRR.

I need to build a safety bunk or something to hide in so you people don't come murder me in my sleep. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME. >____>

tumblr_m9udv0ig151rfb8vxo1_500.gif
^ Blame things like this for this okay. It's all his fault he brought it upon himself.

tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo1_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo2_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo3_250.png
tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo4_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo5_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo6_250.png
tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo7_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo8_250.png  tumblr_m74i1mSORB1qgqoqyo9_250.png
Because there were a lot of mentions of his hands in this chapter. So I have developed an unhealthy obsession with the man's long fingers, so sue me.

tumblr_m9oguqGDaT1rw11rwo1_500.png
Dis er I swear LEAVE ME ALOOONEEE.

Comment? Rage at me, or you know, not. Not that I like being raged at-

jk I totally do I'm sadistic like that I ENJOY YOUR SUFFERING TROLOLOLOLO=*shot*

BUT comments are nice things. Generally. So are subscriptions! 83

See you next chappie...if you don't manage to kill me first lol.

IMPORTANT: I WILL BE STARTING UNIVERSITY AGAIN ON THE 10TH, SO UPDATES WILL GET SCARCER. I'll still be writing and updating, but it's going to be once a week at best. I hope this story is interesting enough for you to stay with me! <:3

 

- Ace.