Changing Opinions

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Changing Opinions

 

“Are you sure it’s safe?” Tiffany asks, unsure.

I chuckle. “Don’t worry. Like I said, I used to bring Hayeon here all the time.” I assure before I jump over the small fence and land on the green grass on the other side.

She nods and does the same. We walk up the grassy hill together.

When we get to the top, Tiffany gasps at the amazing sight in front of us. You could see the countryside for miles from where we were standing. Even though I had been here many times, the view never fails to take my breath away.

The sunlight was still shining down on us.

I took out a blanket from the basket and laid it on the floor for us to sit on. I sat down and she did the same. I put the basket full of food between us.

“You made this?” She asks, clearly surprised.

“Yeah? Why is that such a shock to you?” I return, not understanding what the big deal is.

“Well, it’s just, normally, people like us, that are royalty and what-not, have people to cook for them…” She says, slowly, looking over the at the food.

“Well, maybe I’m not normal?” I say, grinning back at her.

“Yup, you’re definitely not normal.” She says and then we begin to eat. “Wow. It’s really good!”

I smile. “I’m glad you like it.”

I lean back on my hands and stretch out my legs, tilting my head back and closing my eyes. This was the first time in the whole month that I had been here that I felt that I could breathe properly.

“Taeyeon-shi?”

I look over at her.

“Thanks for saving me earlier.” She says, referring to when I had stopped her from falling off of her bike.

I smile at her. “You don’t need to thank me. Besides, I don’t think your mother would be very happy if I brought you home with a scratched up face.” I chuckle.

She laughs, lightly, but then all falls quiet. It was awkward to say the least.

“Taeyeon-shi?” She calls my name again.

“Hmm?” I hum, enjoying the sunlight on my face.

“Why did you agree to marry me?” She asks, suddenly.

I freeze, not knowing what to say. I didn’t want to tell her that I was being forced to and that my life and my family’s lives were at stake. I didn’t want to hurt her. If she found out, she might refuse and who knows what might happen to my mother and Hayeon.

She is staring at me intently, waiting patiently for an answer.

“Why do you want to know?” I ask, avoiding her first question.

“Because you seem too nice and down to earth to agree to an arranged marriage.” She says.

“Uhm...well...” I hesitate after hearing her completely valid reason for doubting me. “... it’s my duty...” I state, dumbly. I felt like face-palming myself for my stupidity.

“Duty?” She asks, confused.

“Uhm, yeah. My father knew your father and they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter