I Love You

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: I Love You

 

Everything just seemed to happen in a flash.

One minute I’m getting out of the car, walking up the red carpet, waving to fans, when suddenly I see a flaming bottle coming towards me and like a knight in shining armour, Taeyeon comes out of nowhere and takes the blow for me.

Her face scrunched up in pain. Her eyes tightly closed.

This was the closest we’ve been for over a month, and it was making my heartbeat radically increase.

She slowly turned her body in the direction, from which the bottle was thrown, and then...

A loud bang was heard and…she’d been shot, in broad daylight.

She fell towards me. I caught her limp body just in time. I gently, set her down on the ground. Screams were heard as the crowd began to panic and almost instantly ambulances began to arrive.

I didn’t realise but tears were already falling from my eyes. The area around her chest was bleeding heavily. I held her hand tightly, as if she was about to slip away from me.

Some paramedics surrounded us and lifted Taeyeon up onto a stretcher, my hand still in hers.

“Taeyeon, don’t leave me.” I sobbed.

She only gave me a weak smile. “Tiffany…I love you…”

Before I could respond, the paramedics wheeled her away into the ambulance. I wanted to go with her, but someone caught my wrist. I looked back to see whom it was and my eyes flared with anger. “Siwon! Let go!” I yelled at him, but he was much stronger than I.

“Are really going to go after her? She left you heartbroken and alone. She doesn’t deserve you.” He said sternly.

I yanked my wrist away from him. “I don’t care! I love her!”

The ambulance had already left, so I was forced to get the limousine back to the hospital.

 

* * *

 

Worry and anxiousness took over my body as I paced back and forth through the corridor of the hospital.

She was in the emergency room. They were trying to remove the bullet.

I was unconsciously biting my nails. I must look like a wreck.

My father came in, walking briskly down the hall towards me. He engulfed me in a tight hug.

“Where is she?” He asked worriedly as he pulled away from the hug.

“She’s in the operating room. The doctor said that they were trying to remove the bullet.”

He nodded, his face distorted with worry and concern, much like mine. “I think you should tell your mother.” He said seriously.

I nodded. She was only in the room down the hall, and it was important that she knew what had happened.

 

* * *

 

I slowly entered my mother’s hospital room. She had been in here for nearly two months now and her heart condition was not getting any better.

She smiled when she saw it was me. I had told her how Taeyeon had left and all the rest of it. I even told her about how Siwon and I were back together.

I sat down on the edge bed, and I burst out into to tears.

“Tiffany? What’s the matter?” She asked as I covered my face with my hands.  She gently pulled me into a hug and hummed a soothing tune. I calmed just enough so I was able to speak.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter