My Drug

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 41: My Drug

 

I wasn’t sure exactly how long we had been standing there. But it seemed like a little while. Wrapped up in each others embrace, Tiffany’s soft sobs filling the marble coated room, mixed with the dripping of the taps and the soft murmuring of comforting words coming from my lips as I her hair in a soothing manner. Her tears were being absorbed by the fabric of my shirt, her hands clamped around the material in a vice-like grip. I pursed my lips together, continuing to comb my fingers through her dark locks.

“Shhh…” I soothed. “It’s okay, it’s just us now. No one else.” I said in a calm tone, her sobs becoming quieter.

She nodded against me, sniffling as she pulled away and looked up into my eyes, her bottom lip quivering as her puppy-like brown eyes shone with fear and worry.

I laid a gentle kiss on her forehead, just above her brow and the tip of her nose. I leaned my forehead against hers, staring into her scared eyes.

“I love you.” I said softly, letting my knuckles graze over the contours of her cheek. “I really do.”

She softly closed her eyes, putting her hand over mine, pressing my palm more into her cheek, and leaning more into my touch as she gave out a shaky breath. She felt as if she was burning up, her cheeks were extremely warm. I wasn’t sure if she was sick, or if simply all of today’s events were making her feel flustered.

“I love you too.” She said softly, just above a whisper.

A loud banging on the bathroom’s door caused us both to snap our heads around in the direction of the loud noise.

“Taeyeon! Tiffany! Open the door!” A manic voice yelled.

It was the former King, Tiffany’s father.

I wasn’t really surprised. I had expected a few people to be suspicious as to what was going on in here, but honestly I didn’t have the energy to explain, my main priority was to get Tiffany back to our room safe and sound, and avoid any questions.

I let go of her slowly, staring at the door for a moment as the loud pounding continued. I looked back at her.

“Should I open it?” I asked, wondering whether she wanted a few more minutes of just us two.

With one last sniffle, she gave a small nod as she wiped a stray tear off of her face and fixing her dress, smoothing out all the creases. She gave me a weak smile, trying her best to seem as strong as she could possibly be right now.

I returned the smile, walking over to her and placing a simple peck on her lips and I lingered there for a moment, before slowly pulling away.

I turned, walking to the locked door and opening it, allowing the panicking man behind it inside.

I pulled him into the bathroom, quickly closing and locking the door behind him, disallowing anybody else from seeing, or getting in.

He instantly gasped, rushing over to his daughter once he had seen her crying and disheveled state, pulling her into a tight hug that she gladly returned.

“Oh my god, Fany. Are you okay?” He asked in a soft yet worried tone, as he pulled away just enough to catch her response.

She gave a few quick nods, not daring to meet his worried gaze. His brown eyes seemed to twinkle in concern as he let go of her and turned to me, his fists clenched together in a tight and powerful ball.

“What the hell happened?” He yelled, his angry voice echoing through room as he gestured to Tiffany.

I shook my head. “A lot happened, all of which you have no idea about. And right now, what happened isn’t important.” I said sternly, giving him a serious stare. “What’s most important is that we get Tiffany back to our room, where she will be safe and then end this party and get all the guests out of here before they suspect anything.”

He stared at me.

“Not important?” He said angrily as he walked closer to me. “Im Yoona was just dragged out of here, kicking and screaming. I’ve known that girl and her family since she was born.” He said in a low tone. “How do you expect me to believe that it isn’t important?”

“Like I said, it’s not important right now.” I stated calmly, his broad form standing right in front of me, a few mere inches between us. “I will explain everything at a better time, and I expect you to respect my judgment.” I said, my voice not faltering as the tension in the room rose considerably.

I hadn’t meant to speak that way. He was probably shocked that someone was talking to him like this since he had been King for so many years, but that was over now. I didn’t want to argue with him.

He shifted his gaze to the floor beneath our feet for a moment, before staring back into my eyes. “Are you sure?” He asked.

I gave a nod. “Of course I am.”

He backed away as he took a deep breath, calming himself.

He was angry, I could understand. His daughter was crying and upset, a girl he had watched grow up had just been dragged out of a party in front of everyone, and he had no idea any of the causes for these things. He was frustrated.

“So what do we do now?” He asked, looking back at Tiffany and then to me.

“Make sure there is space outside so I can get Tiffany out of here. That’s the first thing.”

He gave a nod, walking out of the bathroom, a few minutes later returning with about 6 guards.

“Make a pathway for Tiffany and I, and keep those people away from us. I don’t care who they are, just keep them away.” I told five of them, before they left the room. The sixth one stood patiently as he waited for his orders. I turned to him. “You make sure that Henry is waiting for us at the entrance of the ballroom so he can Tiffany back to our room.” He gave a nod and a bow before leaving.

Tiffany’s father had already left, leaving just the two of us alone in the bathroom as we stood in front of the door, about to leave.

She intertwined her fingers with mine, I looked down at out interlaced limbs, looking back up and smiling at her in a reassuring manner. I squeezed her hand slightly when I saw the worrisome tint that flecked through her eyes. I wasn’t going to leave her side.

I pushed open the door and the camera flashes blinded me. Yes, press had been invited to the party, but we made sure they stayed in the confines of the ballroom and all guards, butlers and maids were on the look out for any paparazzi that may be sneaking around, so it was most likely that none of tonight’s events had been caught on camera.

I could hear the sound, the rumbling of those many voices, it prompted me to pull Tiffany closer and wrap my arm around her as I began to lead her towards the door with the guards creating a circle around us.

So many voices, so many flashes, so many people and so many thoughts cramming themselves inside of my head - I wanted it to stop.

I walked as fast as I could manage with all these people, making sure my grasp around Tiffany remained strong and secure.

Finally, we reached the entrance, and as expected Henry was standing there and waiting. I squeezed my way out, bringing Tiffany with me.

“Come.” I said, gesturing further down the hall, to where we could talk more in private. He nodded in understanding, following behind me quietly. When we were a safe distance away from the ballroom, I turned to him.

“Take Tiffany back to our room. Talk to no one. When you get there, make sure she gets inside safely and wait there until I arrive.” I said seriously, letting go of Tiffany as she went to stand by his side.

“Yes, your majesty.” He said with a bow.

“Be safe, okay?” Tiffany said softly, taking a step forward. “Don’t be too long.” She placed a small kiss on my lips before Henry began to lead her back to our room.

I watched as they disappeared around the corner, letting out a tired sigh. It was almost over, just this one last thing to do and then it will just be my Tiffany and I.

I made my way back inside and things had calmed considerably, just the light humming of chatter mumbled throughout the room.

I could hear my name being mentioned in the many conversations as I began to make my way towards the stage at end of the room, where Tiffany’s father a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter