Marry Me

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34: Marry Me

 

Tiffany lazily slumped herself onto her bed, her limbs sprawled out over the mattress as she stretched her body, giving a yawn.

It was nearly midday and I had decided to pay my dearest best friend a surprise visit, since I had nothing to do all day, but much to my dismay as I came into the door of their room, all the lights were off and after a few minutes of searching, I found both Tiffany and Taeyeon laying in their bed, still in their own dreamland. It wasn’t until I let out a high-pitched squeal and covered my scarred eyes, had they actually acknowledged my presence in the room.

Taeyeon was obviously quite embarrassed, since we didn’t really know each other that well, but Tiffany on the other hand, had groaned in protest and told me to wait downstairs.

“I seriously can’t believe it’s almost noon and you guys only got up like 20 minutes ago.” I said in huff, rolling my eyes as I sat down on the bed.

“Oh please, you’re just grumpy because you didn’t get any last night.” Tiffany said in a teasing manner.

I was surprised at how much of a good mood she seemed to be in. She seemed off balance and lost yesterday at the spa. I was even reluctant to let her go home alone, just in case. I had tried calling her last night, but she never picked up, but now I realise her and Taeyeon were having ‘alone time’ together. The thought made me cringe as I remembered the sight of them this morning.

“Yah! Take that back!” I said, embarrassed at her comment, even if it was true.

“It’s okay, Jess. It will have to happen someday.” She said as she sat up rubbing my arm. I narrowed my eyes at her, not sure if she was mocking me or genuinely trying to make feel better.

I opened my mouth to retort, but Taeyeon’s voice coming from their closet stopped me.

“Fany-ah, can you tie my tie for me?” We both turned towards the closet door, to see Taeyeon wearing a white shirt and black pants, with a tangled tie hanging around her neck.

I heard Tiffany giggle. “Come here, you big dork.” She said as she kneeled up on the bed, Taeyeon walking and standing right in front of her.

“22 years old and still can’t tie a tie?” Tiffany short husband as she fixed the mangled piece of material hanging around her neck.

“It’s not my fault I’ve never worn one before.” Taeyeon mumbled, a pout playing on her lips.

Even though Tiffany had her back facing me, I could tell she was smiling.

“I’m kidding.” She sighed as she flattened Taeyeon’s collar in place, resting her hands on the blonde girl’s shoulders. “I love you.” She leaned in, gently pecking Taeyeon’s lips.

I smiled at the two. They did make a perfect couple, complimenting each other perfectly. As soon as Tiffany had started liking Taeyeon, I noticed a change in her. She became happier, brighter, just an all round happy person. I was happy that my best friend had found her other half.

But even so, as I watched them I couldn’t help but realise that Yuri and I weren’t nearly as affectionate as they were. The most body contact we would have between us would be when we hug or cuddle, but even then we’ve still not had our first time. I know doesn’t make the relationship, but still it’s an important milestone in my eyes. And I honestly envied Taeyeon and Tiffany for having passed that.

We didn’t spend much time together since I was busy with my modelling, photo shoots, interviews and what not and she was busy helping run her father’s business, attending meetings, holding events. The list was endless.

Now that I was thinking about her, I missed her so much and all I wanted was to cuddle into her embrace.

“I have to go now.” Taeyeon’s voice had snapped me out of my mental contemplation and I was now watching her put on her blazer.

“Where are you going?” I asked curiously.

“I have an interview.” She answered.

She pecked Tiffany on the forehead with a smile before she left, waving to us as she walked down the stairs. The sound of the door opening and closing echoed through the two-story room.

“Yah! Sica!” Tiffany said as she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

“What?” I said as I pushed her hand out of the way.

“You were spacing out again.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Is everything okay? You seem a bit off today.” This time she really did sound concerned.

I sighed, running my hand through my light brown tresses of hair. “I don’t know, Tiff. It’s just Yuri and I are getting married pretty soon and we aren’t nearly as intimate as you and Taeyeon are.” I said in a frustrated manner.

She came closer, putting her arm around me in an attempt to make me feel better, since she knew I was genuinely worried for my relationship.

“Don’t worry, Jess. Like I said before, it will have to happen sometime soon. I mean c’mon Jess, even I have to admit it: you’re pretty hot.” My eyes widened at her statement. I looked at her face to find her looking at me seriously. A grin grew on her face before she finally burst out laughing, making me laugh too.

“Yah! Stop teasing me!” I said pushing her shoulder playfully.

“I’m sorry Jess! I can’t help it!” She said wiping a tear from her eye. We slowly calmed our laughter. After she had regained her composure, she looked at me and smiled.  “I’m serious. Yuri would have to be crazy to not want you!”

I smiled back at her. “Thanks, Tiff.” I pulled her into a tight hug, feeling slightly better.

 

 

* * *

 

I parked my car in front of the ridiculously large mansion, getting out and locking the doors with a definite beep.

After having left the palace, I was missing Yuri so much that I just had to go to her place, even if there was a big chance that she wasn’t there but at work instead.

I walked up to the door, putting the keys at the hole. She had given me a set of spare keys to her house just in case. We were going to be getting married quite soon anyway.

I pushed open the large mahogany door, the sound floated through the huge, empty mansion. Yuri had no maids or butlers, since it was only her living here and most of the time she was working anyway.

I slowly walked in, placing my bag and keys onto the table that sat next to the door. I looked around to see if Yuri was here. I took off my shoes. I felt myself shiver as the pads of my feet made contact with the cold marble flooring.

Walking across the large foyer and up the stairs, for some reason being as quiet as possible, like if I made a single noise, the whole house would wither away into nothing. The mansion felt cold, due to its lack of use and human presence.

I walked down the now carpeted hall, stopping at Yuri’s bedroom door. I took a deep breath, readying myself for disappointment.

With a click, I slowly pushed the door open. I peeked my head through the small space I had made, using my eyes to scan the room.

The lights had been and I noticed the silhouette of a sleeping body knocked out on the bed, black raven hair sprouting out from the top of the blankets. I smiled, happy that she was here.

I crept over to the bed, sitting at the edge, leaning over so I could see her face. She was sound asleep, with her tongue hanging out of , making me giggle. She looked like a puppy, only cuter.

She stirred slightly, turning over, so she was now facing me. My lips curved upwards as I her hair softly. She looked so tired. She had been working so hard lately and I know her father puts a lot of pressure on her to help with the business. She was always busy doing something - holding an event, attending an event, going to meetings, going through piles of paperwork.

Her breathing was soft and steady. She moved again, this time her head landing on my thigh. Her lips pressed against my bare skin, my breath hitched. This was a bad day to wear shorts.

“…Sica-yah...” She mumbled in her sleep.

I giggled. That’s so cute! She was dreaming about me.

She roll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter