Slap

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: Slap

 

“Okay.” I sighed.

Siwon looked up at me with wide eyes. “What? Did you just say ‘okay’?” He asked, obviously unsure if he heard me correctly.

I rolled my eyes and went to sit beside him. “Yes, I did.”

“So does that mean you and I are back together?”

I wasn’t going to lie. Siwon had the looks of a super model but the intelligence of a goldfish.

I nodded my head. I know what you’re thinking. ‘Are you crazy? He tried to you!’ And I know that very well, but he has been here this whole month, keeping me company since Taeyeon left, and I believe everyone deserves second chances. He was drunk after all.

He leaned in to try and place a kiss on my lips, but I stopped him just in time.

He looked at me with hurt and confusion in his eyes. “I thought-“

“I know I said yes. But I want to take this slowly. One step at a time.” I was nowhere near being over Taeyeon yet, but hopefully that would change soon. I guess I could learn to love Siwon, although it would take a lot of work to do so.

He sat back and stared at me. “You know, now that we’re back together, you don’t have to lie to me.” He stated bluntly.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “What do you mean?”

“The reason you don’t want to kiss me, is because you love Taeyeon. And I know she isn’t away on a business trip. You’re hiding something from me.”

I was utterly shocked. How did he figure it out that quickly? Was I really that obvious? There was no point in hiding it from him, now that we were back together. I slowly nodded my head. “It’s true, I do still love her.” I said trying to hide my sadness.

“Then where is she? She’s obviously not in the UK.”

I gulped down my salvia. Should I really be telling him all of this? “She left. I don’t know where she is.” I said my head hanging low.

Instead of laughing and mocking me, like I thought he would, he put his arm around me, and rubbed my shoulder soothingly. I looked up at him, surprised.

He gave a gentle smile. “Well, I’m not going anywhere.”

I smiled back at him.  He had changed a lot. Maybe he really did care for me?

I hugged him, snuggling my face into his muscular chest. “Thank you.” I said, my words muffled by his shirt. I pulled away and looked at him. “How did you know?”

“Know what?” He looked at me, confused.

“About my feelings for Taeyeon and all the rest of it.” I said, waiting for his answer

He sat back and smiled. “Because Fany-ah, I’ve known you for a very long time. I can tell when you’re lying. You may not know it, but I know a lot more about you that you think.”

I guess that was true. When I came to Korea after living in America for 8 years, I didn’t really have any friends, besides Jessica. They all were back in the States.

I met Siwon when my family had a big ballroom party. I had instantly found him attractive. Since his father was really rich and also a friend of the family, he would often come to the Palace. I had such a major crush on him. We became good friends over the space of two years. And on my 17th birthday, he confessed that he liked me, and that he wanted to be my boyfriend. I accepted straight away. And that’s when he stole my first kiss.

Shortly after that though, his father and my father had a disagreement. I had told my parents about my relationship with Siwon, but they said that him and his family were not good people and that I should stay away from him.

We didn’t see each other nearly as often. That’s when I started to see him change. He became more self absorbed and less kind and caring. Not the Siwon I was used to. However I put up with it, because I was sure at one point I really did love him.

Was it possible that my feelings for him could return?

 

* * *

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

I knelt down and pulled Hayeon’s small frame into my embrace. I inhaled her sweet scent because it could be a while before I could see her again.

I pulled away and looked into her eyes and smiled. “Here,” I p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter