Healed

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27: Healed

 

I always loved doing the simplest things with Taeyeon. Just sitting around and watching TV was one of them. I didn’t need her to do big and extravagant things for me. Just being herself was enough.

That’s what I loved most about her. She made things so easy, never pressuring me into anything. As a Princess I was told to keep a certain image, not that I really kept it over the years, but when I was with Taeyeon she instantly make me relax, forgetting the whole royal image, making me feel like a kid again.

I loved the way she protected me. Her embrace made me feel safe and secure, while also bringing me a strong sense of nostalgia that was only achievable with my parents, and now Taeyeon.

We sat lazily on the sofa, flicking through the channels, her arm hung loosely around me as I rested my head on her shoulder. I watched the screen as various different channels flashed by.

I stopped when I got to the news channel. I sat up and listened carefully.

There had been a lot of talk about us lately in the media. People were saying how brave Taeyeon was for protecting me, along with the mysteriousness of who had actually pulled the trigger.

It did make me wonder though. That gun was pointing at me, wanting to shoot me, if it wasn’t for Taeyeon I would have been seriously injured, or worse, dead. But why?

Why would someone want to hurt me in the first place? Was I really that bad of a person? Did someone hate me so much that me being in pain brought him or her some sense of sick pleasure?

What did I do to deserve that? Did I say something?

I couldn’t grasp why someone would do that. I thought back to possibilities and reasons for why someone would want to shoot me. Apart from my former party girl reputation, and setting bad examples to the youngsters of Korea, I couldn’t think of anything. Since Taeyeon came around I hadn’t even as so much touched any alcohol. She had changed me for the better. The being drunk and wasted part of my life was over, now I was happily married to the most amazing person in the world.

The whole incident happened over two and a half months ago and Taeyeon was healing rapidly fast.

I was happy that she was feeling better and was in much less pain than before. She could move her arm properly now and the burns had almost completely gone, but on the other hand after she’s at full health, she’ll probably have to go back to her duties as Prince and we’ll probably taking over Hwang Corp sometime soon. With all that going on we’ll barely have enough time for ourselves, let alone each other.

The thought made me snuggle closer to her. She seemed to notice and wrapped her arm tighter around my waist.

I continued to listen to the news report.

“So over two months ago, Prince Kim Taeyeon saved her wife from being hit by a flaming bottle, and also took a bullet for her. Now all that stands is the question of who pulled the trigger. Police say that they have been investigating, but have not come across any strong leads as to who attempted to fire a bullet at the young Princess. Also-“

I abruptly turned off the TV and stood up, throwing the remote on couch. Taeyeon looked up at me, her large onyx eyes clouded with confusion. “Something wrong?”

I looked down at her and sighed. “I just don’t want to hear that same story over and over again.” I sat down on the edge of the couch as Taeyeon came closer and put her arm around me. She kissed my shoulder gently and my hair.

“All that matters now is us, our future together and what it holds. That news report is all in the past now.”

I smiled slightly. She somehow always knew what to say to calm me down and put a smile on my face. I turned my head and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“How did I get such a cutie for a husband?” I asked as I pinched her nose.

She grinned like a dork.  “We should probably go now. We don’t want to be late for the appointment.” She said, looking at her watch.

I smiled and nodded as I stood up.

I searched my pocket for my phone, but much to my disappointment, it wasn’t there “Hey Taeyeon, have you seen my phone?” I asked her, looking back.

She then pointed to the coffee table in front of me. “There.”

I followed her finger to the table to find my phone lying there.

“Oh, thanks.” I said as I bent over to pick it up.

“You know, Tiffany, you have a really nice .”

I gasped, as I turned around, shielding me behind with my hands.  I never really thought Taeyeon was a ert, but I did kind of like the fact that she was checking me out.

“Yah! When did you become such a ert?”

She smirked as she stood up and walked towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist, placing her hands on my bottom. I was surprised by her bold actions as my face began to heat up. She had never touched me this intimately before.

“When I realised how amazingly hot, y and cute you are.” She said sweetly as she pecked my lips. “I can’t help it. You’re just too beautiful.”

I kissed her nose cutely. “C’mon ert, like you said, we don’t want to be late.” I gently pushed her hands off of my behind and made my way to the door.

 

* * *

 

We walked through the sliding glass doors, hand in hand and into the private hospital.

Many doctors and nurses bowed to us in respect. We both politely bowed back before making our way to the doctor’s office.

She swung our linked hands as we walked down the corridor. I smiled at her child-like behaviour.

We just reached outside the office. She knocked on the door.

“Are you nervous?” I asked, more to assure myself than her. She turned and looked at me, obviously noticing my uneasy expression. She took both of my hands and tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter