Almost Perfect

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35: Almost Perfect

 

“You’re so beautiful.” She whispered softly as she pushed a few strands of my brown hair behind my ear, a gentle smile creeping across her lips.

I had never seen her so peaceful and carefree before. For once I had her full attention. It was as if we were the only two people on the planet and she had eyes for no one else, only me. No worries, no stress, no interruptions, just us.

The atmosphere in the room was just so calm, balanced and peaceful. It was so quiet with only the sound waves of our breaths hitting the walls to echo throughout the room.

I smiled back at her softly, leaning forward and kissing her simply on the lips. I ran my fingers through her raven black hair, pulling away. She gave me a charming smile as I caressed her cheek in a loving manner.

She took my hand in hers, kissing the skin that covered my phalanges. Our fingers intertwined automatically as she brought them down under the covers of the bed, using the other hand to now caress my face.

I should’ve been tired, it was well past midnight, just slowly accessing the early hours of the morning, the sunrise would be shortly cracking through the darkness of the night sky, but I was still fully alert and awake. I should’ve been sleeping in my own bed, but here I was with her. I should’ve been angry at her, I should be pushing her away right now, but here I was in her bed, caught up in her intoxicating scent, feeling her arms around my body, melting into her embrace, kissing her lips, loving her as she was loving me in a way that no one else could.

 “I know I’ve said this before but...” She paused for a short moment, running the pad of her thumb over my cheekbone gently. “I’m sorry.”

I sighed slightly. I didn’t want her to feel bad, especially when we were having such a rare and special moment like this.

“Don’t be.” I said softly, staring into her dark eyes.

She shook her head in a stubborn manner, a small pout playing on her soft lips.

“I was an idiot.” She said. “I was too consumed in the business and the expectations set by my father, too absorbed in what everyone else thought.” She paused, her lips before continuing. “Too blind... too stupid... to not open my eyes and see what was standing right in front of me. It was something so amazing, something that was so priceless that it surpassed the importance and value of money and material objects, something that I genuinely couldn’t live without.” She smiled at me warmly. “It was you all along, Jessica. And I hope you can give this big idiot a chance and be mine forever.” She pulled me into the tightest hug that I had ever experienced. I could literally feel the emotion radiating off of her, engulfing me like a warm and pleasant wave of water - unlike anything I had felt before.

“Of course I will.” I mumbled into her shirt as I felt her rub her palm around my back slowly.

She shifted, laying on her back in a more comfortable position, pulling me gently to snuggle into her side, her arm wrapping around me.

I drew random, imaginary circles on her collarbone with my index finger, just listening to her soft and steady breathing.

No words were exchanged for a while as I closed my eyes for a moment, taking in the sensation of her body close to mine.

We had just come back from Yuri’s event, where she had asked me to marry her. There were many aww’s and squeals throughout the crowd. I was almost certain that this would be all over the news by morning.

I looked down at the ring that was around my finger, fitting perfectly.

‘A diamond, just like you.’ Yuri’s cheesy words rang through my head, making me smile slightly.

Obviously, I was happy right now, but there was one question that was still bothering me and that was why she still hadn’t made a move on me yet? Why was I still a ? It was bothering me a lot now.

“Yuri-ah?” I called.

“Yeah?”

I thought for a moment, wanting the question to come out right, not to spew out of my mouth like hot lava. “How come whenever we get close to having , you always seem to push me away?” I questioned, biting my lip, not sure how she would react.

I heard her sigh. She sat up properly, taking me with her. She rubbed her face, running her hand through her hair in what looked like...frustration?

She looked me in the eye seriously, taking both my hands in hers, taking a deep breath before she began to speak.

“It’s not because I find you unattractive, if that’s what you’re worried about.” I nodded. Her voice and eyes were so sincere. “You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. It’s just...well...uhm...it’s hard to explain.”

“Please tell me, Yuri-ah.” I said softly, rubbing the back of her hand. “I need to know.”

She stared at me for a moment, deciding whether to tell me or not.

“Well, I was a player.” She sighed. “I used to sleep with different girls almost every night.”

Her statement honestly surprised me. Yuri seemed too kind and considerate for that kind of thing. I would never have guessed that she was a player in the past.

 I nodded, gesturing her to go on.

“And the reason I pushed you away wasn’t because I thought you were ugly, it was just whenever I would sleep with a random girl, I would always end up breaking her heart and I didn’t want to do that to you.” She said quietly. “I was scared.”

A sudden rush of guilt flushed over me. I hadn’t actually thought about it that way - from her point of view. I felt as though I had been selfish.

“I know its stupid-“

“No, it’s not.” I cut her off. “You didn’t want to hurt me. And I thank you for that.” I pecked her cheek softly, resulting in a smile to spread across her face like margarine.

“It’ll just take some time...will you wait for me?” She asked, looking at me hopefully.

I smiled at her warmly, kissing her lips meaningfully. I pulled away, resting my forehead against hers, her breath caressing my lips as I stared deeply into her eyes.

“Kwon Yuri, I could wait forever and a day for you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter