One Month

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: One Month

 

I lay on my bed staring at the clock, counting the seconds, the minutes, the hours, and the days. It all added up to one month. One month since I left, one month since I walked away, one month since I last saw Tiffany.

Despite the fact that in reality it’s only been one month, in my own world it feels like a lifetime.

Everyone else was happy though. Hayeon had gone back to school, and made new friends her own age while also getting an education - something I never had the chance to do at her age. My mother has opened up a small clothing store and is content with doing something that she loves. I even bought a good-sized house, with a swimming pool and a large garden.

If my family is happy now, shouldn’t I be too?

This was what I wanted from the start. I always thought that when a smile returned to their faces, that I would have everything I needed, but no. Although I had gained their happiness, I had lost the love of my life.

I tried as best I could to hide my depression from Hayeon and my mother, but I knew they could see it, no matter how much I tried to conceal it.

I would find myself doing this often. Just staring at the clock. Watching the time go by agonisingly slow.

I figured my heart would heal as the days went by, but the days were moving too slow for me to heal at all. My mind was clouded and crowded with thoughts and memories of only her. Was this really the end?

 

 

* * *

 

TIFFANY’S POV

I found comfort in watching the sun go down. It was something Taeyeon and I used to do from the balcony of our room.

It pained me to reminisce about the times we had together, because there was the chance that it was all a lie, that she never really loved me, and was forced against her will.

Even though I had all the pieces of evidence to prove that my theory was true, a huge part of me didn’t want to believe it. I had fallen for her so hard and fast, but now that she was gone, I had to pick myself up again. Now that she was gone, my cold personality was slowly returning. I was lonely. I would always have Taeyeon by my side, but not anymore.

I tried to fill the gap that she had left by being around my friends more. I even turned to Siwon in a desperate attempt to forget her. But I quickly realised that I had nothing in common with them. They would sit around, gossip and brag about themselves. 

The only real person I had left was Jessica, but she was busy with family matters. She said that she had met a really nice girl called Yuri and they would get married in the next few mont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter