Family

My Last Gift

 

~~~ POV

I wrapped the last gift with the silk cloth before me and Jiyoung head out to catch our flight to Jeju. We are going to spend a few days at my in-law’s for Jiyoung’s grandparents’ death anniversary and also spend some time together since we didn’t get to go for our honeymoon after our wedding.

As usual, ever since I got married to a celebrity, fans were everywhere. I do not know how our news of arriving to Jeju got to them so fast that we were swarmed as soon as we walked out the arrival hall. I smiled seeing the fan boards. It was nice to know that they are have accepted me as Jiyoung’s wife. I saw signs saying to get a baby soon but little they they know, there is already one in me now.

I smiled wide as soon as we reached Jiyoung’s parents place. It was a beautiful home, a two-storey penthouse near the beach and a backyard garden. It was nice to be back.

“Are you ready to meet my parents? Nervous?” asked Jiyoung as he took my hand.

I shook my head…”No, I’m alright…It’s not like they will eat me. I’m sure your parents are nice…” I said. To be honest, I met Jiyoung’s parents before. I came in person after a week we got married but Jiyoung didn’t know about this. Since I found it rude not to have met my in-laws, I took the initiative and asked Jiyoung’s manager for their address and meet them.

“Appa, Omma...This is my wife, Mrs Kwon ~~~….” introduced Jiyoung.

 “I know who is she…aigoo my yeppuh daughter-in-law…Bogoshippo…You should have come often…” replied my mother-in-law, giving me a hug.

“How are you omonim? Abeonim, annyong hasehyo…”…I bowed…” How are you? Have you been taking good care of the flowers I planted at the backyard?”

“Of course…It’s a present from my daughter-in-law…Why won’t I be taking good care of it?” replied my father-in-law.

“Chakaman, appa and omma have met my wife before? When? I never brought her here before?” said Jiyoung, looking confused.

“Son, don’t you remember…You asked her to come over, your wife said you were busy so you can’t make it…Yah, I know you lead a cool life and your parents are okay with it but at least you should have come together…How could you even ask her to come to Jeju alone…” explained my father in law.

Jiyoung looked at me…“Huh? Me?” He mouthed.

I came closer and whispered…”I lied; I’m making you to be a good son…”

“Kids, come in…I made lunch…Let’s eat together…Stop talking you lovebirds!” shouted my mother in law.

“Yea omonim…” I replied and walked into the house, leaving my confuse husband behind.

After a hearty meal, the four of us sat at the family room. I handed out the gifts that I bought for them from Seoul. Thankfully, my in-laws liked what I got for them. Seeing the warm smiles, it reminds me of my family back home.

“Omonim, abonim…I think me and Jiyoung should do our bows to you as husband and wife. Since we got married without you guys being there, we didn’t get to do it during the wedding…”

“Yea appa…omma, Bian…we didn’t do it sooner…”added Jiyoung.

“If you say so…Then arasso, we will take our places then…”agreed omonim .

They took their places and sat down in front of us. Jiyoung and I stood side by side and bowed respectably to his parents.

“May you both have a blessed marriage life and stay together till death…Bear beautiful grandchildren for us and always be there for each other through ups and down…” blessed my father in law.

“Jiyoung-ah, omma knows that you are busy always but take good care of ~~~. She’s my precious girl…Treasure her all your heart okay adeul…” reminded Jiyoung’s mum.

“Yea omma…I will take care of her with all my heart…She’s my precious girl to me also omma! Aigoo…now you have a daughter-in-law…that is all you think about…Aigoo omma…” teased Jiyoung.

“Whatever adeul…Go in and take a rest. It will be some time when your sister and her family arrived from New York…”

“We take our leave then…Komawo Omonim for the food…” I thanked.

“OMG Ji, you still have that blanket…” I gasped as I went into his room. It was his infamous blanket that the whole world had seen, the sleeping man and women.

“Ya I do still have…I love it. Omma leave it as it is cause I don’t come back often…She can’t be bothered to change it…Why you like it too?” he asked.

“Aniya…But I wouldn’t imagine I would see it in person…”

He slipped his hands around me and rested his chin on my shoulder…”Well now it’s right in front of you…Now the side with the women on it, would be yours…Wanna try sleeping on it?”

“Ji…we are at your parents place…Please…” I turned and stared at him.

“What? I was just asking you to lie with me…Wait…”…He furrowed…”Are you thinking of something else?”

“Aniya Aniya…”…I shook my head...”I was thinking of lying with you too…”…as I walked to the bed and lie on it.

“Aigoo, if you’re thinking of it…”…he slowly crawled on top of me…”We can do it. I especially made my room soundproof…” he said and smack his lips on me.

I pushed him over making him roll to the side of the bed….”Don’t try okay…Not the time and not in the mood…” I stated.

“Arasso Arasso…You’re so violent, I like violent women…”

“Ji, don’t start…”I said in annoyance.

“Okay, Bian…”…he turned to his side and look at me…”Btw babe, what was that about just now? You met my parents before already?”

“Yup, after a week we got married. We were not much in talking terms but at least I thought it was a good idea to meet them. I ask your manager to keep a secret from you and I also lied about you being busy…Sorry about that…I didn’t want them to know at that point of time that we are actually not in good terms so I made up a story. They were nice…even if was the first time meeting them, they welcomed me with opened arms. I was really touched to have in-laws like them…”

He touched the tip of my nose…”I sure did marry the right women…”

“Well, I sure did marry the right man too…” I praised.

We both hugged each other closer and off we go to dreamland.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Jiyoung POV

I put my black coat on and look at the mirror for one last check. After a good nap with my wife, I feel refresh. It would be the first family event that my wife would be joining in and also the first time I’ll be presenting ~~~ to my grandparents.

I gave a knock at the bathroom door…”Babe, I’ll go down first. Come down as soon as possible okay…”

“Arasso, tell omonim not to tire herself out…I’ll help her do most of the preparations…”

“Okay…I let her know that…” I answered and made my way down.

“Omma there you are! I was finding you everywhere…” I exclaimed as soon as I saw my mum in the kitchen.

“Where would I be if not in the kitchen? I have to make foods for your grandparents anniversary remember!” nagged my mum.

“Ya…I almost forget about it…”

“Where’s my daughter-in-law?” asked omma.

“Ahh…she’s taking a bath. She said that she will do most of the things so omma you should not rush things and let your daughter-in-law help you…”

“Cinca? Aigoo…I won’t know when I will ever finish making all this food…”

“See, Isn’t it nice to have a daughter-in-law omma…” I smiled.

“Chua! Neomu Chua adeul! Komawo!” She expressed.

“Ah omma,”….I remembered the thing I wanted to discuss with omma…”Have you done what I asked? Have you made booking for the small chapel up the hill?”

“Yup, your appa did. Thank god, they gave us the whole weekend for us so we can decorate the chapel tomorrow…Just in time for the ceremony on Sunday…”

“Komawo omma…You’re the best! The flowers?  Her Bouquet? Have you ordered?”

“I did…all done! Don’t worry, it will be perfect…How can I screw my son’s wedding?”

“It’s the biggest thing I ever plan in my life mum…I need it to be nice…God when is noona coming? ~~~ can’t see it, if not I don’t know where to hide if she comes down any moment from now…” I panicked.

“Surprise, My dongsaeng!” shouted a familiar voice behind me.

“Noona!” I felt a burden left off my shoulders as soon as I saw noona and her family. At last, they arrived on time

“Pali, bring the dress to appa’s study room…She’s upstairs so let’s go now…” 

My sister and I rushed to our dad’s study room and kept the dress there. Noona ped the clothes dust cover and revealed the dress. It was stunning; the exact vintage dress that I had in mind for my wife.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Komawo noona! Komawo!” I hugged my sister in excitement.

“Well do you know that I visited more than 10 boutique stores in search to find a vintage dress similar to your drawing you sent me?  Everything has to be unique…”nagged my sister.

“Duh! Your baby brother here is a fashionista! So deal with it women!” I boasted.

“Urgh…”…She hit me slightly…”So where’s my sister-in-law?”

“Come, let’s go and meet her…”

I introduced ~~~ to my sister and her family…”~~~, meet my sister, Lee Da Mi. Her husband, Lee Jungshin, and my adorable twin nephews Leo and Enzo…”

“Kwon ~~~,im ni da. Nice to meet all of you…Hope from now on we get along even better…” said ~~~.

“Yea, jesu-shi…I’m your dongseo now…But you can just call me unnie…It’s much easier…”

“If that is the case then, you can just call me by my name…I think we will feel much closer with this arrangement…”suggested ~~~.

“Arasso, settled then…”agreed Da Mi.

Our whole family got together and start the ceremony. We all bowed in respect to our deceased grandparents. Even though it was a solemn ceremony, it was nice seeing a new addition to our family. It was the first time I saw my parents smiling and laughing happily. My nephews were comfortable around her too. God had truly sent an angel to my family.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Eunhyuk POV

“Good job…Just monitor the rest of the members…I’m sure something is going between all of them. Get back to me when you find anything out.” I overheard Hyuna who was talking on the phone beside me.

“Who was that?” I asked.

“Ah, it’s my right hand man. He does investigations for me. Well, just to let you know…they are in Jeju right now…”

“What are they doing there?”

“Hmmm…prolly to meet Jiyoung’s parents. His family house is in Jeju…”

“Okay… So what should we do now?” I asked.

“Well, we can’t do anything much, we have to wait and see…”

“Hyuna, are you sure we will get them back? It seems that they truly love each other…”

“Oppa, don’t start this again with me…”…She rolled her eyes on me…”We agreed to it right…”

“Ya but the thing now is that, she’s pregnant with Jiyoung’s child…Do you think Jiyoung gonna just leave her like that?”

“WHAT! She’s pregnant!”… Exclaimed Hyuna…”Why didn’t you tell me this?”

“Now you know…So you really think you can get Ji back?”

She sat still for a moment…”Oppa….”…she turned and look at me…”Then get me pregnant…”

“WHAT? Are you crazy? No way Hyuna!”

“Please oppa…please uh…”

I quickly stood up and walked out from the house. How could Jiyoung have loved her before? I got in my car and drove to my friend’s bar. After that stupid request, I really need a drink right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

An update....

Btw Jesu means younger brother's wife (sister-in-law) and Dongseo means sister in law (husband's side)

Hope you all like it...

Thanks for sunscribing and please do comment cause I appreciate it lots!

Love ya!