Date

My Last Gift

 

~~~ Pov

It was raining heavily outside. The sound of lighting send chills down my body. I was alone in the apartment and was busily sketching some designs for Jimin to review on.  Jiyoung had not been back home for the last 2 days due to his concert tour with s. I had been feeling a little down under since Jiyoung left. Is it because I missed him?

Suddenly, the home phone rang. I quickly got up and answered; hoping its Jiyoung.

“Yobosehyo?”

“~~~-ah! Open the door quickly! I’m freezing outside! Pali!”

“Mina? Arasso, Chakaman…”

Sadly, it was my best friend.  Since things happened so fast, I owe her some explaination.

“Gosh, I knew it’s a bad omen when it rained as soon as I stepped out of the house…”complained Mina as she stepped in.

“Tsk, what are you implying on huh? Come give me your coat, I’ll hang it…”

“Thanks…So where is that husband of yours huh? His wife’s best friend is here and he’s not out to greet me?” nagged Mina.

“He’s not at home…I’m alone. He’s in Japan right now…”

“Thank god! If he’s here, he is sure to get some hearing from me…”

I made a hot cup of tea each and some refreshments for the both of us. We sat at the living room to enjoy our tea and chat.

“You have a nice apartment…Even though I was here so many times, I’ve never step inside. I must say Jiyoung has a nice taste seeing the décor of the house…”

“Well…my husband has a great taste which I can’t deny about….” I grinned.

“Omo Omo...You’re really in love with him aren’t you? Months ago you were hating him but now…”….Mina looked at me closely….”That sneaky grin of yours…It’s exactly like when you’re with Eunhyuk oppa…”

I rolled my eyes hearing his name…”Don’t you say his name again in front of me...”

“Wae? Are you mad that oppa is dating Hyuna now?” asked Mina.

“No…I’m not even jealous. Oppa and I just can’t be like how we use to be. We are two different individuals now. I just don’t know him anymore…Especially when he’s dating that idiotic Hyuna…I could accept other girls but not Hyuna!”

“Why so angsty?  Hyuna is an icon and she’s perfect, sweet, kind…She’s a sweetheart. I’m sure she can take care of Eunhyuk oppa…”

“Sweetheart?”….I put down my cup and wiped my lips with the napkin…”You’ll be shock knowing what kind of person she is…” I smirked.

In the process, I told Mina about the stories and the incidents that had been happening between the four of us. Mina was shock and just like the person she is, she got pissed even hearing the stories.

“That two-faced ! you Hyuna! Big liar!” snapped Mina.

“Shhh….”….I put my finger on my lips….”That will be the last time you will be cursing in front of me…”

“Huh?!” Mina looked at me in confused.

“Well, my lil girl or maybe boy might hear it…People say even when they in their mom’s womb…They can hear the conversations we have…”

“What?”…Mina gasped…”Lil girl? Boy? You—You’re pregnant?!”

“Yes!” I nod; smiling.

“I’m gonna be an aunt? This is great news! Congratulation best friend! Congrats!”

“Thank you…So for the next few months, you have to stand my raging hormones and my complains okay!” I warned.

“Kwenchana…”….she smiled…”Everything for my best friend and my niece or nephew!”

“I’ll put a promise to it then…”

“Don’t you think you got a little too fast in getting pregnant?  How many times did you guys did it? It’s just recently you got back together...”

“What a question to ask? What happen in the bedroom stays in the bedroom okay. It’s never too fast to start a family…Plus he’s my man and the love of my life. I’m happy to bear his child…”

“No, no,no….best friends share stuffs okay!”….she laughed…”I just want to know how many times…That’s all…Plus you and Eunhyuk oppa did it for so many years and I remember one time when you guys tried for a child but nothing works…”

“Thank god it didn’t happen or I’ll never be here bearing my husband’s baby! Hmmm I can assure you that, Jiyoung is the best compared to Eunhyuk. I’ve never felt ier making love to him. As I can remember, we did it once…Before I left this house….” I revealed.

“GOAL!!!!”....Shouted Mina…” What a man my brother-in-law is! He got my standing ovation!”

“You hate him Mina…” I groaned.

“Nah nah…not now anymore! I like him!”

Mina stayed till 9 before she went off to meet her colleague for some drinking session. I checked my mobile to see if Jiyoung texted but sadly there wasn’t any. I took a long hot bath before bed. Since I missed my husband so much, I curl myself under the blanket while hugging Jiyoung’s pillow.

………………………………………………………………………

When I wake, the sun was shining through the lightly coloured curtain which reflected on the bedroom floor. I stretch out and smile.

“Good morning baby…”….I caresses my belly…”Let’s get the day moving and we shall have a nice hearty breakfast okay…” I. mumbled.

I rise and head for the bathroom. Opening the door, I found Jiyoung inside shaving. His hair was dripping wet and a towel was only wrapped around his waist. He turns and beamed at me.

“Good morning wifey…” he greeted, radiating his happy face.

“I miss you!”I exclaimed as I jump myself on him.

“Woah Woah…be careful there. We’re in the bathroom…It’s dangerous…”he said as he hugged me tightly.

“When did you come back? Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked, still hugging him in my arms.

“It was 4 in the morning. I wouldn’t want to wake you up. I’m here already right….”

I free myself and looked at him. I missed this man even it was just a few days. My hot and y husband is finally in my arms. I lean in and gave him a kiss.

“Oh baby, you have some shaving foam on you…” cooed Jiyoung as he removed the foam on my face.

“Can I help you shave?” I asked.

“Okay, if you do know how to do it…” His voice felt nervous as he hand me the razor.

“Come let’s put you on the top the sink so it shall be easier for you…”

Jiyoung carried and sat me on the sink so that I’ll be at the same height as him…..”Much easier…” I said as I slowly shave taking long below his chin. I could feel two eyes staring at me as I shave.

“I’m glad you’re my wife…” he whispered.

“How many times do you want to say that?”

“As many times as I wish…”…He pinched my cheeks…”You’re the best thing that happened in my life.”

“I know that…” I smiled.

“So do you have work today?” I asked.

“No…I want to spend time with my wife….And don’t you remember what day is today?”

I shook my head.

“Tsk…It’s the next check-up babe…” He said feeling annoyed.

“What date is today?”

“1st May…”

I run my hands through my hair…”I forgot! Sorry Ji…”

“It’s okay…Go and take a shower now and we shall head to the gynae and then…let’s go on a date shall we?”

“Arasso!!” I squealed in happiness and got ready.

…………………………………………

“Mrs Kwon, you can clean up and wear your clothes…We will talk more outside okay…” said the doctor.

After I got ready, I took a seat next to Jiyoung who was waiting by the doctor’s table. He took my hand and smile as I sat.

“So looking at results…You’re as far as around a month and a half….It’s still quite early so you still need to be very very careful because the baby is growing now. You have to eat healthy and rest well. Don’t get stress okay and you Mr Husband have to be in her care even though how busy you are Mr Kwon…” reminded the doctor.

“Yes Ma’am!” he salutes.

“I’ll prescribe you some new supplements and arrange your next visit. If your morning sickness gets worse or even if you feel something is wrong, give me a call or come to the clinic okay…”

“Alright doc…I’ll remember that…Thank you…”

We both bid goodbye to the gynae and made payments for the supplements. I could see Jiyoung’s enlighten face as he looked at the picture of our baby.

“You like what you see?” I interrupt.

“I’m amaze that I can produce this….”

I giggled…”We produce this…Just not you…”

“What shall we call our baby for now?” I asked.

“Hmmmm…Kwonnie?”

“Kwonnie?” I look at him in confused.

“Well, we don’t know if it’s a he or she and plus our baby will have my surname…so it makes sense right…I’m Kwonnie appa and you’re Kwonnie Omma plus….”…He put his hand on my small baby bump…”Baby Kwonnie…”

“Fine, if you say so Kwonnie appa…”

“Come let’s go…We have the rest of the day to enjoy…Let’s have fun…”

“Let’s go!”

This was the first date I ever had with Jiyoung. I must say dating after marriage is quite interesting. We made our way to Namsan tower because Jiyoung have never tried the love padlock. I never seen him so curious and excited about doing it since I think it’s for teenagers. We were lucky there weren’t a lot of people since it was still quite early and the school kids have not been dismissed. Even though we still got stares and fans coming up to us, it was still okay.  We purchased a leopard print heart shaped padlock and made our way up to the last floor where the locks were.

“Let’s write a small message ourselves and reveal it after we’re done okay?” suggested Jiyoung.

After a while, we lock our padlocks together. My heart melted seeing his message.

 

To my sweetheart,

There is one love & one life. And in my life, I love only you. Together, we’re everything.

 

I slipped my hands around his waist and hugged him closer. As I look up at him, he placed a kiss on my forehead.

“Thank you…” I mouthed.

“Come let’s go to our next destination…”

We drive through a neighbourhood where I have not gone before. As I looked outside the window, there were a lot of two-storey houses, penthouse and condos. I was curious why we were driving in here. Jiyoung stopped the car in front of two storey penthouse.

“Why are we here?” I asked as we got of the car.

“Our house babe…” He took my hand and walked up the stairs. He key in the password which I notice was the day we wed.

“Welcome to your new home…” said Jiyoung as we entered.

“Our home?”

“Yup..”…He nods…” I bought this property…I wanted to surprise you. Do you like it?”

“Hmmm ya….But it’s empty…”

“Yah babo…Of course it’s empty because I want you to design the whole interior of the house…From the kitchen, our master bedroom, guest room and lastly our Kwonnie’s nursery…”

“You’re not joking right?”

He rolled his eyes on me…”Do I look like I’m joking?”

“Fine…Are you that confident in leaving me the responsibility to decide the interior? I can’t step up to your kind taste in art and design…”

“Whatever you like, I will like it too…Everything is in your hands…From lighting, curtins, bedsheets, colour of the walls…You decide. This will be our new home. We will start building our family here in this house…”

I embrace my husband…”Thank you, I love it. Thank you so much yeobo…”

“Yeobo?” He pulled away.

“Only for today I’ll call you that…” I teased.

“I like that…I have another surprise for you…Come let’s go to the yard…”

“What?! There’s a yard? How big is this house?” I exclaimed.

I was in awed seeing what was in front of me. The flowers were blooming along the fences of the yard and the houses were overlooking the neighbourhood of Gangnam. In the middle, there was a picnic mat and basket already for us.

“When did you prepare all this?”

“Hmmm…I ask Manager hyung to help me out…”

“Tsk you shouldn’t have trouble Manager oppa…he must be tired from touring with you…”

“Kwenchana….He volunteered to help…I didn’t force him too”

“Take a seat…You must be hungry…You haven’t had lunch…”

“I’m starving…And your child is hungry too…Kwonnie needs food right now…” I teased.

We both ate lunch that was prepared for us. I finish all of my rice and the side dishes in my bento box. It’s true I guess that pregnant women really get hungry easily.

“Full?” asked Jiyoung.

“Yup…More than just full…” I patted my belly.

“Do you want to rest on my lap?” I asked.

“I would gladly like too….”…Jiyoung laid his head on my lap…”You still look beautiful even from down here….”

“Thank you for that compliment, yeobo…” I stress out.

“Hmmm…trying to attract me huh?”

“Aniya…YEOBO…”I laughed.

“You’re such a teaser….Can I ask you a favour?”

“Okay….What?”

“Can you my hair slowly? I missed the warmth of someone doing that…It reminded me of omma…She does it every time I lay on her lap…”

“Anything for my husband…” I cooed.

I his hair gently and moments later his eyes were shut. I smiled at my husband’s sleeping face. He looks so perfect. I run my finger down from his eyebrows, nose, lips and ended seal it with a kiss. It was the best date ever. This man makes me happy each day. I look up into the sky and  feel the cool wind blowing on me…”Thank god for this man and this gift inside me…”  I mumbled and continued to admire my handsome husband.

 

 

                                                                                                                                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi guys!

School have been taking most of my time and I get so tired when I reach home.

Each time I want to type my next chapters, my eyes just shut on me. Sorry...I can't promise when I could update but I can assure you guys I'm not abondoning my stories okay!

Hope you love the date they had...I wanted to do some happy chapters before the bad ones hahahaha

Send your love and comments! It really makes my day to know how much you love this story!

Love ya my readers!