Lay/D.O.

Hipster Exo Drabbles

                Kyungsoo had never thought that Yixing would notice him. Kyungsoo was just the small, uninspiring vocalist of Exo K, slightly chubby, eyes too wide and lips too big.

               Yixing, on the other hand, had been a child star in China. He was handsome and loved, and he could sing and dance. Not only that, he composed his own music and there wasn’t a person on Earth who disliked Zhang Yixing.

                And on the list of people who liked him, Kyungsoo was at the very top. He loved all that about Zhang Yixing, and the fact that he was never arrogant and was just a little bit absentminded was so endearing to Kyungsoo.

                “Kyungsoo,” Jongin said, and Kyungsoo looked up, having been awoken from his daydream.

                “What?” Kyungsoo cried. Jongin laughed.

                “Calm down, you psycho; I’m just trying to get your attention. Yixing-hyung is going on now. Don’t you want to watch?”

                Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he looked over to the set, where sure enough, Yixing was standing in the middle, listening to the director’s instructions.

                “Thanks, Nini,” Kyungsoo said, and he didn’t even notice Jongin’s pout as he made his way to the set. He sat down a little ways away, just watching inconspicuously as Yixing took his place.

                And then—Kyungsoo wanted to melt into the ground—they made eye contact. Zhang Yixing’s gaze met Kyungsoo’s, and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as usual.

                Another second and Yixing was focused on the camera again as the music started playing and—

                Well, Kyungsoo had never seen Yixing dance like that. It was powerful, y, precise and razor sharp, and the intense expression on his face was more than incredible to Kyungsoo.

                A few minutes later and the entire production was over.

                And—

                Was Zhang Yixing walking over to Kyungsoo?

                “What did you think?” he asked, taking a seat adjacent to Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo suddenly couldn’t breathe properly.

                “It was—It was really amazing,” Kyungsoo replied honestly, and Yixing smiled that smile. The smile that nobody could resist, with the dimple showing and eyes twinkling.

                “I can’t wait to hear you sing. Your voice is like…caramel.” Kyungsoo’s eyes grew round.

                “You…you’ve heard me before?” he asked, and Yixing nodded vigorously.

                “I’ve been there for almost all of your rehearsals. And when you recorded for Jongin’s teaser…it was really nice.”

                And maybe Kyungsoo was wrong about Zhang Yixing not noticing him. Maybe he hadn’t properly noticed Zhang Yixing.

                “Can I come watch your next teaser filming?” Kyungsoo asked shyly, and Yixing smiled. Kyungsoo admired the faint dusting of pink on Yixing’s cheeks.

                “Only if I can listen to you next time you record.”

                “Deal,” Kyungsoo said, finally smiling at Yixing. Yixing smiled back, and those were the first of many smiles to come.  

 

gif cr. oshzt@tumblr

Hooray for cheesy endings. I had trouble with these two since they're both bottoms in my mind. But I hope y'all like it anyway~