Kris/D.O.

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                Kyungsoo’s first encounter with Kris was, surprisingly, just before Kyungsoo started his first day at S.M. Entertainment.

                He honestly didn’t expect the bus to be so crowded, but there he was, being pushed and shoved from every side. He grabbed onto a pole to keep his balance, and finally sighed, thinking he’d found an excellent place on the bus.

                And he had, in a way, though he didn’t realize it. The bus stopped, and, just his luck, even more people tried to force their way on.

                “Excuse me,” a tall man with a deep voice said, reaching an arm around Kyungsoo and putting his hand just below Kyungsoo’s on the pole. Kyungsoo blushed furiously, feeling the warmth of the man’s proximity to him, and his arm just under his. Kyungsoo turned slightly, sneaking a glance up at the man. He was handsome, that was certain. Kyungsoo turned around quickly when the man pulled out his cell phone.

                Kyungsoo didn’t want to eavesdrop, so he tried reviewing his route again, hoping that this time he’d remember how to get to the company. It was in Apgujeong, right? Or maybe Kyungsoo was on the completely wrong bus and it was actually in Myeongdong?  

                “Yeah, Henry-hyung,” the man said behind him, “I’m coming to the S.M. building right now. The bus is incredibly crowded. What? Yeah, okay, talk to you later.”

                “Ah…” Kyungsoo said quietly. “Excuse me?” The man looked down at Kyungsoo. “Sorry to eavesdrop, but did you say you were going to the S.M. building?”

                “Uh…” he said, looking at Kyungsoo analytically. Kyungsoo realized why he didn’t want to answer and rushed to clarify.

                “B-because I’m Do Kyungsoo and I’m starting today as a trainee and I don’t know how to get there and I was wondering since you’re going there maybe you could help me find it?” Kyungsoo said.

                The man laughed and nodded.

                “Sure, Kyungsoo-ssi. I’m Wu Fan, but you can call me Kris. Let’s be friends, okay?” Kris said, and Kyungsoo smiled.

                And that was just the beginning. The bus rides like this became a habit, Kris standing behind Kyungsoo, just chatting as they rode the bus to the company. And every day, Kyungsoo could swear that Kris’s arm was getting closer and closer to his body.

                One day, Kris offered to ride the bus back with Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo tried to say yes but it came out as a jumbled mess of words, so he settled on nodding as his cheeks flamed.

                The bus was significantly less crowded on the ride home, and Kyungsoo was able to sit down next to Kris.

                “So, uh,” Kris said, sitting back awkwardly. “We’ve been riding the bus together for a while now. And we’re friends at the company.”

                “Yeah,” Kyungsoo replied, his eyes wide. Kris looked into them and smiled before focusing his gaze on the flickering light on the ceiling of the bus.

                “Well, you know, maybe you wanted to like, you know, hang out. Not on the bus. Like…somewhere else.”

                “Just you and me?” Kyungsoo asked. “Like a…I mean, like a…”

                “Date,” Kris said. “Yeah. Would you go on a date with me?”

                “Uh, yeah,” Kyungsoo replied, looking at his feet, absolutely sure his face was bright red. “I’d really like that.”

                “We can go to a café, or maybe see a movie. Or something,” Kris suggested. Kyungsoo just smiled at him.

                “Okay,” he said. “I’ll look forward to it.”

                Kris dropped Kyungsoo off at his apartment that night, pecking Kyungsoo on the cheek. Kyungsoo put his hand to the spot Kris’s lips had touched and looked up at him in awe.

                “What was that for?” he asked wondrously.

                “I like you, Kyungsoo,” Kris smiled. “I have since that first day on the bus.”

                And somehow, Kyungsoo knew at that moment that he would keep liking him for a very, very long time. 

Based on something I saw riding the bus hehe. Same situation as in the beginning, with two guys and everything. It was precious. 

P.S. This picture is so cute I couldn't not share.