Chanyeol/D.O.

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                Chanyeol always believed that laughter was the best part of loving someone. He even believed that someone’s laugh, like their looks or personality, could be a reason to fall in love with them.

                Kyungsoo was the person he laughed with the most. The other members, at many different times, had called both of them “completely ridiculous” and “crazy” and “over-the-top bubbly,” but Chanyeol took it as a compliment, and he was fairly sure Kyungsoo did as well by the way he smiled wide whenever someone pointed out his big personality.

                They’d joke around with each other a lot, Kyungsoo telling Chanyeol to become shorter, Chanyeol getting Kyungsoo to wave with him in a silly fashion, even singing along to Super Junior songs with each other. What Chanyeol liked the best, though, was when Kyungsoo looked at him with his big doe eyes. Not just any look, though, a look that Chanyeol could never quite describe. Kyungsoo would smile while staring at Chanyeol, his eyes wide, and it conveyed some sort of sense of mischief, understanding, and affection all at the same time. And Chanyeol always, always grinned back.

                Surprisingly, he wasn’t nervous when he confessed. He didn’t have to be, because that stare was all he needed to know how Kyungsoo felt about him.

                “I love you, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol said one day as they were sitting on the couch in their dorm.

                “I know,” Kyungsoo replied with a grin. “I love you too.”

                “I know,” Chanyeol said. “I really love you though.”

                “I really, really love you,” Kyungsoo countered with a grin. Chanyeol opened his mouth to add to his statement, but Kyungsoo interrupted him with an “ah!” and that stare. Every time Chanyeol tried to say something, Kyungsoo would beat him to it. “I love you the most and that’s that.”

                “So,” Chanyeol managed to get out, and Kyungsoo laughed a little, “so what now?”

                “I guess we cuddle now,” Kyungsoo said, diving into Chanyeol’s arms. He looked up at Chanyeol with those eyes and a giggle. Chanyeol started to laugh too, and before long, they were holding each other as they absolutely roared with laughter.

                “You two are crazy,” Kris said as he walked by, shaking his head, and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol just laughed harder.

                “Thank you,” Kyungsoo managed to say through his giggles, and Chanyeol pulled him closer.

                It was hard for Chanyeol to describe just how much Kyungsoo meant to him, but he didn’t need to tell Kyungsoo, because that stare told him that Kyungsoo already knew, and loved him equally. 

I know a lot of you probably won't like this one, but I'm really happy with it hehehe. It's what I want my relationship to be. Casual and full of laughs.