D.O./Xiumin

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                Kyungsoo has always found Xiumin’s excessive need to hug people kind of awkward. He hugs the members, the manager, the coordi-noonas, the stylists, pretty much everyone he can get his arms around. And that includes Kyungsoo. It isn’t that Kyungsoo doesn’t like being hugged by Xiumin—quite the opposite, actually—but the fact that he always does it is kind of strange.

                A good kind of strange, though. After days of long practice or a particularly taxing Happy Camp performance, Kyungsoo finds himself melting into Xiumin’s hug. With each successive hug, he finds himself less and less inclined to let go of Xiumin’s comfortable body.

                It seems like Xiumin doesn’t want to let go either, though, and one day they end up standing in the dressing room, wrapped in a warm embrace while all the other members go to get bubble tea.

                Xiumin finally pulls away hesitantly, and Kyungsoo looks at him.

                “Hyung, I just…I need a hug,” he says quietly, and a hint of a smile appears on Xiumin’s face before he pulls Kyungsoo back close to him.

                “So do I,” Xiumin says. Kyungsoo sighs happily and puts his head on Xiumin’s shoulder.

                “Why do you like hugging people so much?” Kyungsoo asks, and Xiumin chuckles.

                “Because it makes me happy,” Xiumin replies, starting to rub circles on Kyungsoo’s back. Kyungsoo returns the gesture. “But it makes me especially happy to hug you.”

                “Me?” Kyungsoo asks, pulling back slightly to look at Xiumin. Xiumin pulls him in again and nods against Kyungsoo’s neck.

                “Because you’re so soft. And also another reason.” Kyungsoo wraps his arms tighter around Xiumin’s body.

                “What other reason?” Kyungsoo asks, leaning his head against Xiumin’s neck.

                “I really like you, Kyungsoo,” Xiumin whispers, and Kyungsoo smiles. He doesn’t respond, just pulls Xiumin as close to him as possible and rocks back and forth slightly, still rubbing circles into Xiumin’s back. He’d never been more comfortable and at home. 

Hugs are cute. Kyungsoo is cute. Minseok is cute. All the cute.