Ch 8

Good and Evil

 

 

'Let's camp here for the night,' Xiao Yu said.

'Okay,' Ah Sa agreed.

This was the third day they had been travelling. That day's travelling had been uneventful but tiring and they had been going without food, water and rest. Ah Sa's stomach was aching, parched and she was struggling to fight her fatigue off. She looked across the fire at Xiao Yu. An orange glow was cast upon his serious face. She stared and stared at him, studying his facial features. He...He was handsome she suddenly realized. Ah Sa felt her face heating up. She was blushing! She had never blushed nor thought a guy handsome before.

Xiao Yu didn't know why but he felt as if there was someone staring at him. He stopped attending to the fire in front of him for a while and looked up. Ah Sa immediately looked down, blushing furiously. 'Oh my, I was staring at him! And he saw!' she thought.

'She was looking at me! And blushing!' Xiao Yu thought. Immediately, more blood rushed to his face and he began flushing a deep red. 'What's happening to me? I-'He was about to walk away but as his gaze passed over Ah Sa's face, he was trapped by her beauty. 'She...She's beautiful. How come i never realized that before? She's too beautiful for words...'

Ah Sa could feel his gaze on her. Her heartbeat quickened and she blushed a deeper red. She couldn't take this anymore. She stood up and walked away from their camping site, breathing in the fresh air and trying to clear her head of her weird feelings.

She had not walked far when suddenly, she heard a scream. A horrifying,  high-pitched scream of terror. She ran towards the direction of the scream only to see a lady her age cowering at the sight of a demon. The demon was humongous and towered over her akin to the situation of a cat towers over a mouse. But that did not frazzle Ah Sa. She whipped out her sword and with a sharp flick of her wrist, flung the sword towards the demon.  Her sword, made specially to deal with demons, buried itself deep in the demon's chest. Blood spurted out from the wound and the demon toppled over. Ah Sa walked over to the demon's dead body and retrieved her sword, wiping the demon's black blood off. She turned and saw the girl weeping in someone's arms. Xiao Yu looked up. 'Let’s bring her back.' Ah Sa knew Xiao Yu was just comforting the poor girl but she still felt this sharp pain in her heart.

She nodded. She could not trust her voice not to betray her feelings.

'So what's your name?’ Ah Sa asked the girl once they were back at the campsite.

' I'm Joey,' the girl said. 'Thank you for saving my life,' she said, looking at Xiao Yu and Ah Sa with sincerity and gratefulness.

'No worries,' Xiao Yu and Ah Sa replied simultaneously. They looked at each other and smiled. Little did they know that at that very moment, Joey was smiling too, the evil smile on her face a sharp contrast with the kindly ones of Ah Sa and Xiao Yu.

 

hey should i write a guilun story first or a danson and genie one or a story about Han and Xiu?Which pairing should I write about first?Pls suggest,suggest