Ch 13

Good and Evil

 

The temple interior was a complete opposite from its bright, colourful and beautiful exterior. Instead, it was dark and gloomy. Cobwebs could be seen hanging from the ceiling and layers of dust covered the floor. Xiao Yu and Ah Sa stepped in. 'Woah...It sure is creepy,' Ah Sa commented.

'You're one of the most skilled swordsperson of all time, surely you won't be scared of this,' Xiao Yu teased. Ah Sa did not answer, merely rolling her eyes.

'All I said was that it is creepy.' While Ah Sa and Xiao Yu had been talking,they had carefully walked into the room, wary of any traps that could be activated at any moment. Suddenly, just as they had walked into the middle of the room,the temple door slammed shut, plunging them into total darkness.

'Sh*t!' Both Xiao Yu and Ah Sa cursed at the same time. But before they had time to say more, swishing sounds that fast-moving objects made could be heard.

'Arrows!' Ah Sa exclaimed as both she and Xiao Yu used their swords to deflect the many arrows. They jumped into the air to avoid them, using their sensitive,trained hearing to detect them. But there was just too many of them. They came in an endless stream, from all directions. Ah Sa and Xiao Yu were getting tired fighting this never ending stream of arrows. And they were so fast, so fast that even martial arts experts like Ah Sa and Xiao Yu had a hard time avoiding then. A single mistake, a single miscalculation was all that it would take to get shot. Finally, out of weariness and a single miscalculation of where the arrow was going to strike, Xiao Yu was struck by one of the arrows.

Soon, the stream of arrows came to an end.

'Aargh!' Xiao Yu exclaimed in pain as he forcefully pulled out the arrow that was protruding from the bottom right side of his body just below his gut. Blood spilled everywhere, forming pools on the floor. The wound was deep and no doubt painful. His face was pale, as white as an albino,derived of all its colour. Droplets of sweat adorned his face, running down his cheekbones and down his neck. Xiao Yu hurriedly tied a piece of cloth around his body, covering the wound in attempt to stop the bleeding.

'Xiao Yu, what's wrong?' Ah Sa asked, concerned as she stumbled through the darkness, using the noises Xiao Yu was making to lead her to him.

'I got hit,' Xiao Yu said, obviously using a lot of effort to talk.

'Where?' Ah Sa asked. She had finally reached him.

'Here.' Xiao Yu took Ah Sa's hand, guiding it to his wound.

'Its deep and bleeding profusely,' she said in a calm voice,'but fortunately, the arrow missed your gut by a few centimetres. Don't worry, I can heal this.' With her hand placed over Xiao Yu's wound, she quickly healed him. She was so skilled that this talent of hers had been practised to perfection. The skin and flesh that was punctured by the arrow knitted itself up and now the skin where the wound once lay was flawless. It was as if the wound never existed, as if the arrow had never struck Xiao Yu.

'How did you do that?' asked Xiao Yu, staring at the now flawless skin in amazement.

'The medicinal arts. I learnt it since young. Didn't you?'

'No. I never heard of it before. What is it?'

'Oh! That's surprising. The medicinal arts is the art of healing done through physical contact. One then his or her mind 'into' the wound, search for the root of it and using his or her inner energy, heal it from there,' Ah Sa explained.

'I see,' Xiao Yu said.

'But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is how we are going to get out of here,'Ah Sa pointed out.

'Wait,' Xiao Yu whispered,'Don't say anything. Listen carefully.' Ah Sa strained her ears. She could hear a faint sound water flowing.There was no mistake that sound was the sound of...

'A river?'she asked incredulously.' In a temple? Ridiculous!' she exclaimed.

'I know. But we should find it. It may be our only chance of getting out of here,' Xiao Yu replied.

'Okay, but be careful. The arrows are all over the floor. Thread carefully,' Ah Sa adviced. Xiao Yu nodded. Even though Ah Sa could not see him, she knew he had taken her advice-she could hear the sound of his foot sweeping the arrows in front of them to one side of the floor, clearing a path for them to walk through. Xiao Yu made a blind grab for Ah Sa's hand and clearing the path for her as they progressed, they walked towards the sound of water.

'Thank you, Xiao Yu,' Ah Sa said under her breath.

 

commenteeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!