Ch 12

Good and Evil

 

After searching a whole day  for Ah Sa to no avail, Xiao Yu sat worried and downhearted by the fire he had made when he saw a familar figure in a distance. 'Ah Sa!' He ran forward and engulfed her in a big hug. 'Where have you been?'he asked, pushing her away slightly to look at her beautiful face.
'I was looking for you.'
'But why did you let go of my pinky in the first place?' Xiao Yu asked.
'I tripped over tree branch and fell down,' Ah Sa explained.
'Are you hurt?' Xiao Yu asked worriedly,grabbing her by the arms.
'No,no. I'm fine,' Ah Sa reassured Xiao Yu.
' I'm so glad you're safe,' Xiao Yu said, hugging Ah Sa. Ah Sa rested her head on Xiao Yu's chest, breathing in his scent. She smiled happily.
---------------------------------------
'Oh, I forgot to ask. Do you know what the green smoke that surrounded us yesterday was? It couldn't be a trap, could it? It sure didn't come in pairs,' Xiao Yu asked, smiling jokingly as they continued trudging up the mountain the next day. Ah Sa visibly paled.
'I...I don't know. May...Maybe its some weird effect of this weird mountain,' Ah Sa stammered nervously.
'Why are you so nervous? Did I say something wrong?'Xiao Yu asked,concern showing on his face.
'Huh? No,no.'
'Oh my gosh!' Ah Sa suddenly stopped in her tracks and stood gaping at the magnificent sight in front of them. Xiao Yu followed her gaze and gasped in surprise. Standing but a few metres away from them was a flight of stairs that led to two of the most beautiful temples ever made. Ah Sa and Xiao Yu ran up the flight of stairs in excitement, admiring the beauty of the temples. 'They are so beautiful!' Ah Sa breathed. She expected Xiao Yu to be as excited as she was but when Xiao Yu next spoke, he spoke in a cold voice.
'Look here,' Xiao Yu said, pointing to a nearby sign. The wording on the sign was so worn out that Ah Sa had to squint to read them.

'All who wish to see the wise old woman must enter one of these Twin Temples and face the challenges inside. Those who do not enter will never meet her. Warning: All who enter, enter at their own risk,' Ah Sa read out loud. 'Looks like its the only way,'she said, looking at Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu looked at her with a indecisive expression on his face. He knew it was going to be dangerous but he needed to know who had killed his parents. But yet he didn't want to put Ah Sa in danger.

'You stay here,' Xiao Yu commanded and made a move towards the temples.

' No,' Ah Sa said firmly, blocking his way with her arm. 'If you go in, I will to.'

' But Ah Sa...'

'No buts-lets go,' Ah Sa said as she dragged him towards the temples. 'So which one do you think we should go into?' Ah Sa asked Xiao Yu.

' That's weird. Normally Ah Sa would just go ahead and make the decision. Why is she asking for my opinion now?' Xiao Yu wondered to himself. ' Its probably because this concerns my parents,' he thought, shrugging his earlier thoughts off. 'Lets go to that one,' Xiao Yu said, pointing to the temple to their right.

 hope you enjoy this chap