Ch 16

Good and Evil

 

Xiao Yu nodded gravely as both of them threaded carefully into the cave. 'Hello?' Ah Sa called out.    'Hello-lo-lo,' echoed back the reply. Suddenly light burst out from within the cave. Xiao Yu and Ah Sa flinched from the sudden brightness. When their eyes had adjusted, they saw a wrinkled old woman seated in a chair at the far end of the cave.    'Welcome darlings,' the old woman cackled. 'Come in, don't worry there are no traps.' The old woman giggled gleefully. 'I see you have passed all the tests unharmed. Well then, what have you come to see me for?' Xiao Yu stepped forward.   'We want to ask you about how my parents died.' The old woman smiled evilly. 'Well, they were killed,' she said. 'Xiao Yu questioned.     'By a person you hold dear, a person that has seen you grow up. In fact, he brought you up, raised you and trained you. If he can even be considered as a person,' the old woman replied. Horror, shock and disbelieve clearly expressed themselves on Xiao Yu's face. 'My...My foster father?' The old woman nodded. Xiao Yu turned pale. He didn't know what to think. He couldn't believe that his foster father would do something like that. No, his foster father loved him like his own child and gave him everything he needed...He couldn't have killed his parents... Seeing Xiao Yu's expression, the old woman laughed at his expense before continueing, 'Your foster father killed your parents because he wanted to keep you and your 3 brothers for himself. He knew that the 3 of you would grow up to be the best of fighters who could help him take over the world. But he had to turn you all to demons before you could become that powerful. Even though you all have the potential. You all are, afterall, still humans. So he killed your parents, abducted you and abducted your brothers as well. As the years passed, your foster father managed to turn each of your brothers into demons except for you. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't turn you into a demon. So he...sent you on this journey...'       Both Xiao Yu and Ah Sa's attention snapped to the old woman. 'What do you man by he sent me on this journey?' Xiao Yu asked carefully. The old woman didn't answer. Instead, she suddenly lunged at Ah Sa and landed a lethal palm on her. Ah Sa was sent flying by the impact and landed on the ground, blood escaping from the corner of .      'Ah Sa!' Xiao Yu rushed towards Ah Sa and helped her sit up. 'What was that for?' he asked the old woman accusingly. He was about to send a blast of power to wipe the smile of her face when she was first hit by a blast of immense power that had come from the shadows behind her. A figure cloaked in black stepped out from the shadows. Xiao Yu recognized him immediately. 'Foster father?' he asked in astonishment. The cloaked figure smiled.         'Yes, Xiao Yu. Its me. And I will answer your question for her,' he said, looking at the lifeless form of the old woman on the floor. ' I'm sure you've heard from Joey that I want to turn Ah Sa into a demon and use her to help me rule this land.'         'Wait...You're Joey's master?' Xiao Yu interrupted.                   'Yes,' the demon prince said. 'Anyway,' he continued, 'I sent you to confront Ah Sa because I needed her to be heartbroken before I can successfully turn her into a demon and I knew she would definitely be curious about your background and help you-helping humans is, afterall, her mission. And when two young ones of the opposite gender are put together for a long time...what will happen? Love of course! So I sent Joey to cause a misunderstanding between the both of you once I knew the both of you had fallen in love. Too bad she betrayed me. But one good thing came out of that-I now know your true talents. When you protected Ah Sa from my demon turning powers, I realized you were more powerful than Ah Sa if you could be turned into a demon. Then I realized that I had never tried the brokenhearted method on you before.'                     Xiao Yu, who had been seething with anger as he listened could no longer bear it and sent a punch of full power towards his foster father's face. But the Demon Prince easily caught it with his hand. The Demon Prince leaned towards the furious Xiao Yu. ' I'll tell you something. The blow the old woman gave Ah Sa...yeah, its meant to kill,' he whispered.

pls comment!!! im sooo sry about the spacings! somejhow theres some problem so i cant do the correct spacing but i left a slightly bigger gap where a new para is suppose to begin. somehow when i press 'enter' a line appears...