Ch 6

Good and Evil

 

'Aargh......'Xiao Yu's eyes fluttered open and he finally regained consciousness. 'Where...Where am I?'he muttered. His head was pounding and his muscles screamed in pain as he climbed down from the ledge he had been lying on.

'Gosh,where am I?'he wondered out loud as he looked at the unfamilar surroundings around him. Cold,grey,stone walls greeted him on 3 sides with light shining through the fourth. Suddenly it dawned on him that he was in a cave. But...where was this cave?And how had he gotten here?He couldn't remember what happened before he out,just that he had felt an unbearable pain and the next thing he knew,he was in the cave. How long had he been here?Hours?Days?He still had to report back to the Demon Prince. He couldn't stay here anymore,not a second longer. As Xiao Yu was thinking these thoughts,he started walking towards the light,wanting to exit the cave. As he was walking towards the exit,he heard a cool, familar voice.

'Where do you think you're going?'Ah Sa asked,stepping into the cave.

'None of your bussiness. Move,'Xiao Yu said menacingly.

'No,'Ah Sa said,blocking Xiao Yu's path. 'You still have things to explain.'

'What things?'Xiao Yu asked. 'And why should I obey you?'

'Huh. Right now you must be wanting to go back to your foster father's lair right?'

'How...How do you know?'Xiao Yu asked,flabbergasted.

'Where else can one one like yourself go to?But after you hear what I have to say,you might not want to go back anymore,'Ah Sa replied.

'What...What do you mean?'Xiao Yu stuttered.

'These days while you have been unconscious,I have been researching on you due to your unique family background.'

'What unique family background?'Xiao Yu interrupted.

'You're a human and yet you are brothers with demons. As far as I know,that is not possible. So if your family background is not unique, then what is it?'

'What are you talking about?My brothers are not demons.'

'Puh-lease. They so obviously are. Anyway,what I wanted to say is that I found out a horrifying secret involving your parents. Have you ever wondered who they are and how you ended up in the hands of the Demon Prince?'Ah Sa asked.

'Of course I have!But wait,where did you get all these information from?And how do i know that these information are true?'Xiao Yu asked.

'I have my resources and these information are gurantee 100% true,'Ah Sa replied.

But he didn't hear her. He was stareing long and hard at her with those cold eyes of his. Those eyes studied every detail of her being-her eyes,her nose,,her hair,her gown,her sword...her eyes.That was what captured his attention. Those beautiful,hard eyes staring right back at him. Those eyes...they were mesmerizing.He found himself lost in the depths of them.

'Have you stared enough?'she asked coldly.Xiao Yu started,as if waking from a daze.

'Uh...Uh...What was it you wanted to tell me?'Xiao Yu stuttered. Gosh,that was embarrassing. Why did he stare at her? Sheesh!

'I wanted to tell you that based on the news i received,'Ah Sa paused,taking in a huge breath of air before continueing. 'Your parents were two of the most talented people of their time. They had superb fighting skills and killed many demons. But one day,they were found dead by a river,with systematical wounds on their bodies-obvious signs that they had been killed by underlying,low methods. For example they had been ambushed and killed by traps. If not being the martial arts experts that they are,they could not have been so easily defeated. It was later found out that they had brought one of their kids,which was you, out with them that day. That kid was nowhere to be found and your 3 other brothers had been abducted from their home. But yet you have now mysteriously appeared and have been brought up by the Demon Prince no less. Don't you think that's suspicious?'

'Hah!If you think that it was my foster father who was behind all that,then you're wrong. Foster father would never do something like that,'Xiao Yu replied. 'Besides,what prove do you have?'

Ah Sa did not reply. Instead she just clapped her hands twice. Immediately a trail of people streamed into the cave.

'I was walking home one day when I saw a figure wearing a black coat carrying a baby near the place where Mr ad Mrs Wu were found dead. The figure was a demon-he had energy radiating from him,'said one of the people who had come in.

'Now do you believe that your brothers and foster father are demons?Only demons radiate energy. And surely you have realised that your foster father and brothers all radiate energy. 'Ah Sa said sarcastically.

'No!I won't believe this!'Xiao Yu replied.

'Everyone here are all humans,including yourself,and yet no one is radiating energy. That is evidence that your family are demons. And although I'm not sure if that figure seen was your foster father,he certainly is the biggest suspect right now. You'd best not go back until the truth is found,'Ah Sa said,walking out of the cave. 'You can stay here meanwhile,'she said,without turning back. Xiao Yu was speechless. With all the facts thrown at him,he had no choice but to accept the fact that it might really have been his foster father that had killed his parents and that his 'family' were really demons. But he strongly believed that his foster father wouldn't do such a terrible thing like that. Still,it was best that he did not return till this matter was cleared up.But,where could he go?Xiao Yu sat down on a nearby ledge resignedly. He would have to stay here.

Long long chapter!!!