Ch 10

Good and Evil

Ah Sa woke up with a start. What happened?Why was she here?Then she remembered. Xiao Yu . Xiao Yu had saved her. She smiled as she remembered how he had cradled her in his arms;how he had sheltered and protected her. She got off the makeshift  bed and walked towards Xiao Yu only to see him with a frown on his face.
'Thank you for saving me-' Ah Sa was cut off when Xiao Yu held a letter out to her.

'Read it,' he said in a serious tone. Ah Sa took the letter,looked at him questioningly and started reading.
This was what the letter said:
     Dear Xiao Yu and Ah Sa,
                                            I want to warn you of the person who attacked you today. He is my master. In fact it was him who sent me to 'accidentally' meet the both of you. He knew the both of you love each other so he wanted me to create an misunderstanding between the both of you and cause Ah Sa to be heartbroken. I found out why. He wants to turn Ah Sa into a demon and because she is so strong,he can only successfully turn her into a demon when her spirit is at its lowest,in other words,when she is heartbroken. Now you understand what that source of power was. It was a special sort of power that turns humans into demons. I asked you, Xiao Yu, to chase after Ah Sa because I know that she loves you and would be happy to see you, ruining the plans of my master since her spirit wouldn't be at its lowest anymore. But I did not expect that the transformation would take such a short time. By the time you had reached,she was already 3/4 transformed. But I was surprised when you didn't change into a demon when you threw yourself over Ah Sa. If I'm not wrong,my master will definitely check on this and who knows what horrible things he will do next. Another thing, my master will definitely not give up his turning Ah Sa into a demon. So be careful. I wish I could tell you who my master is but the truth be told,I don't know who he is myself. I've never actually seen him before.
Anyway, I'm glad the both of you are safe and I want to thank you for the care and friendship you have shown me.I also want to apologise for the troubles I have caused you. Please forgive me. Also,once again,be careful. Take caution.
                                                                                                                                   Joey



Ah Sa put down the letter. 'I...I never expected something like this. Why would anyone want to turn me into a demon?' she wondered out loud. She was shaking. She couldn't help it. She had very nearly turned into the things she had been made to destroy.
'I don't know,' Xiao Yu admitted. But he was worried. This was bad news. But at least now they knew there was someone or something out there that had it for them.
------------------------------------------------
Joey watched them from a distance away. 'I meant what I said when I said I love you Xiao Yu. That was why I disobeyed my master. Because I want you to be happy and I know being with Ah Sa brings you happiness. Bye, Xiao Yu,' Joey thought,a tear sliding down her cheek as she walked away.
---------------------------------------------