Ch 11

Good and Evil

 

'Lets start climbing,' Ah Sa said, looking at the giant of the mountain of Twins.

' Its such a long journey...I'll carry you,' Xiao Yu said seriously.

' Don't joke,' Ah Sa said, laughing. 'Unless you really want to,' she added shyly.

'I do but you're so heavy, I can't,' Xiao Yu cheekily replied.

'Hey!' Ah Sa protested, slapping his shoulder jokingly. Suddenly, their eyes met and as they stared into each others eyes, Xiao Yu lifted his hand and slowly pushed Ah Sa's forehead towards his lips, kissing her.

' I love you,' he whispered. Ah Sa was shocked. After travelling for days, they had finally reached the Twins mountain. But during the last 2 days ,after the Joey incident, Xiao Yu had always seemed a bit...distant. She had realized she loved him and from that day onwards, loved him more and more each day. But, apart from his jokingness earlier, Xiao Yu had always seemed so distant,she thought it was love only on her part. But what Xiao Yu had just said...

' I...I-' she started but was cut off by Xiao Yu.

' Shh,'  Xiao Yu said, placing a finger against .' I've been wanting to say that for ages. I just didn't know how. Will...will you accept me?' he asked as if half afraid of the answer.

She smiled the brightest smile she had ever smiled in her life. He loves her! He loves her!'Of course,' she said and quickly buried herself in his embrace.

' I love you,' she whispered.

When they finally separated, Ah Sa smiled and said,'Now lets go up,' referring to the mountain of Twins. They had not gone far, climbing through brambles and other wildlife vegetation and up rocky paths when 2 ninjas suddenly landed right in front of their very eyes. They moved fast, so fast they appeared as flashes while moving. With a sharp flick of their wrist, the two ninjas sent 2 small, sharp, triangular dart-like objects at them. Instinctively, Ah Sa and Xiao Yu took out their swords just in time to deflect the dart-like objects the ninjas had thrown at them .'What do you all want?' Ah Sa asked. The ninjas did not reply. Instead, they took out their swords and settled into a fighting position. Those fathomless eyes of theirs stared at Ah Sa and Xiao Yu with steely determination in them.

'So that's how its going to be, is it?' Ah Sa said under her breath.

An epic battle thus followed, starting as Ah Sa brought her sword down in a quick slicing cut. It was blocked by the ninja and he retaliated, slashing at Ah Sa's waist. Ah Sa blocked the attack easily, twirling gracefully around and, catching the ninja unaware, hit his back with her palm, sending him flying. He slumped on the ground, unconscious. Meanwhile, Xiao Yu swung around, avoiding the tip of the enemies deadly sword by an inch and his own sword forward only to have the ninja dodge it. A series of s and jabs followed as each of them tried to outdo each other. Finally, Xiao Yu succeeded in jabbing the ninja, wounding him in the chest. Xiao Yu then kicked him, sending him flying till he hit a rock and was, like his partner, knocked unconscious. Ah Sa and Xiao Yu smiled at each other, hooked their pinkies together and continued trudging up the mountain.

'Well, that was weird. I mean I know this mountain is known for it's unpredictable and weird traps but ninjas? In China? Ridiculous!' Ah Sa exclaimed. Xiao Yu smiled at her cuteness.

'I just can't believe they are really twins,' Xiao Yu said.

'Well this mountain is known as the Mountain of Twins because all its traps are twins.'

'I know but I just never expected it to be true.' After the fight, Xiao Yu had relieved the two ninjas of the masks they had been wearing only to find out that they were really twins.

'But surely not every trap her are twins,' Xiao Yu said, still unwilling to believe that possibility.

'Everyone, every single trap are twins,'confirmed Ah Sa. Just as they were talking, green smoke suddenly filled the air around them. They could not see each other and all they could see was the green of the smoke. Suddenly, Xiao Yu felt Ah Sa's pinky let go of his.

'Ah Sa? Ah Sa?' he called into the green smoke. 'Where are you?' He searched frantically through the green smoke like a blind man.'Where are you Ah Sa?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment pls!!!