contracts, contracts, contracts

In Love With a Charismatic Pabo Like you

Your POV:

“Umma?” I answered the phone.

“Honey! Umma and Appa miss you! Let’s have dinner out today!” Umma suggested. It was weird.  We rarely had dinner out.

“Where?” I asked, as I fiddled with my hair.

“Shimbi Gadeun.” She said. “In Apgujeong!”

“Umma, we can’t afford it there. Are you sure?” I asked her feeling a sense of fear and worry. Something was weird.

“Neh! Honey don’t worry!” she reassured. “Our money will rot if we leave it in the bank forever.”

She had a point.

“Okay. I’ll be there soon. Bye.” And I hung up.

I turned around to find Key right in front of me. He saw the expression on my face and poked my cheek.

“Why is my honey frowning? You’ll get wrinkles!” He laughed. I let out a smile. Key was one of those people who made it hard to stay unhappy around.

“Sorry Key, but I need to go to Shimbi Gadeun for dinner now.” I said as I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm.

“Shinbi Gadeun?! I suggest you come with me first.” He pulled me along behind him into the nearest Chanel Store. “If you’re going to Shimbi Gadeun, I don’t think they’ll let you in denim shorts and a Tee.”

He walked to the nearest rack and pulled out a strapless white mini dress and a black boyfriend blazer and handed them to me.

“Try this on.” He whispered as he walked to the chair in front of the change rooms. It took me ten minutes to gather the courage to walk out, and I almost tripped on the carpet.

Key was speechless. His mouth hung wide open.

“Is it bad? I’ll go back and change.” I said, feeling my cheeks grow red from embarrassment.

“No! Buy It! It looks good! He said as he handed me my bag and took me to the counter.

“That’ll be 400,000 won please.” The shop assistant said politely. I was horrified by the cost and walked back towards the changing room but Key stopped me.

“I can’t afford it.” I whispered to him.

“Who said you had to?” He whispered back, handing the assistant the money before I had time to argue.

“Let Oppa buy you something this time!” He gleamed, as we walked off.

“Do you want to come to dinner with us?” I asked him.

He checked his watch. It was 5:30.

“Shimbi Gadeun is too expensive.” He teased. I hit him jokingly on the head.

“Just come!” I said, and pulled him inside.

--------

It was one of the fanciest restaurants I’ve ever been to, and the waiters and waitresses probably went through a beauty contest in order to get a job here. All the guests were dressed like they were ready to walk the red carpet.

“Anyonghaseyo. What reservation number are you?” A pretty waitress asked us.

“5068” I said as I gave my ID card for her to scan.

“Please follow me.” She led us to a glass elevator with a completely see through bottom.

“Are you sure about this?” Key asked, sounding nervous.

“Don’t Worry, It’s just my parents.” I calmed him down. “Oh. Put your blazer on.”

We got to the fifth floor and were lead through a long corridor until we reached room 68. There were screen doors, made so that we couldn’t see anything inside, however door 68 was partially slid open.

I peered in through the crack and gasped.

 

 

Your POV:

“I think we should go.” I told Key, but it was too late.

“_______! Come here!” Umma waved her hand signalling me to come.

“I think I’ll go. I shouldn’t stay.” Key said. I apologised to him and nodded.

I walked in and bowed to the unfamiliar faces of someone’s parents.

Choi Minho’s Parents.

His eyes widened the minute he saw me enter, but he didn’t dare say something rude.

Why is he here?

I sat down next to Umma.

“_______. This is Mr and Mrs Choi.” Umma introduced as they greeted me. “Mr Choi and Appa were working partners, until we left Incheon and moved to Seoul. We lost contact with them, but we bumped into them a few days ago when we went to Incheon to visit your Grandfather’s grave.

Oh, and this is Minho; I don’t think you two have met before.”

“Actually, we have.” Minho said, with a sweet, angelic smile. “I’ve visited her drama filming set before.”

“That’s even better!” Mrs Choi said brightly.

“Yes… let’s eat now.” Mr Choi picked up his chopsticks. “We can discuss the contract later.”

“Contract? Appa, is it a work contract with Mr Choi?” I asked appa, hoping for some good news.

“A-ah. Neh.” Appa smiled at me.

“Wahh- Appa I’m so happy for you!” I hugged my dad. We may finally be able to pay our debts and I can buy a new house for Umma and Appa.

He just smiled nervously.

We all made a toast to the Choi and ____ family future.

“I hope we all have success between both families, through our generation as well as the next.” Mr Choi gave a small speech. This seemed like a good day. Time flew by, and I’m glad it was just a work contract. I thought it would have been something more serious judging by Umma’s tone, but everything seemed perfectly fine.

 

“I think it’s time we tell them.” Mrs Choi whispered to her husband.

Something isn’t right.

“Ahhh…yes yes.” Mr Choi took a sip of water while the room became silent. I waited nervously for him to say something.

“Well, the reason we came here today was to celebrate our families uniting once again.” Mr Choi started. “through our business contract and now, through our children.”

“WHAT?!” Minho and I said at the same time.

“We are here to celebrate the engagement of you two.” Umma said with a warm smile on her face. I almost choked on my water. Minho and I stared at each other in shock.

“You like Chrysanthemums…right?” Mrs Choi asked as she handed a bunch of bright yellow chrysanthemums to me, while I was too shocked to speak.

“NO WAY!” We both said at the same time, again, as my mind snapped back into reality.

“Sorry kids, it’s too late.” Mr Choi said, as he pulled out a white piece of paper. A contract.

A MARRIAGE CONTRACT!

 It had our names printed on it in bold, along with our birthdates and the signatures of our parents.

Date Signed: December 1st 1993.

My birthday.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

OMG :D they're engaged ^^

this could be good or bad ~ hehe.

Tell me about what you think of this.

I may not be able to update in a while :(

THANKYOU TO ALL READERS, COMMENTERS AND SUBSCRIBERS.

I LOVE YOU ALL :)