Piece 006: It's Fate

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everything’s going smooth and perfect after that left but my Woohyun. I bet he’s feeling so sad when Myungsoo wanted to marry her that he left the country. But I always talk to him every month or two. He’s a star now in Japan and that makes me so proud of him. Maybe I should find him a girl that suits to be his wife. Well, you know what people say, mother knows best.

-Kim Joori-

 

 

With her clacking high heels, Kim Joori walked towards his brother and tapped his shoulder gently. He’s in his bedroom, mad alright after seeing Myungsoo acting like that before.

 

 

‘Don’t worry, dear brother. I’m sure Myungsoo will forget that girl eventually.’ She tried to persuade him and all that Mr. Kim did was sighed.

 

‘I shouldn’t let him be. He’s my only son, Joori-ya..’

 

‘Hmm.. Here’s an idea. How about we pair Mr. Park’s daughter with him? She’s pretty and educated. Most importantly, we knew her family and where she came from. And that girl seems to like Myungsoo a lot and she looks nice too.’

 

Myungsoo’s father was silent for a while.

 

‘I know. The company that Chorong’s been working’s been shut down recently, right? So, she must’ve been unemployed.. Why don’t we offer her a job at the company? Maybe those two can get closer. How about that?’Joori asked excitedly, as if she’s planning something big.

 

 

***

 

‘Hello, Miss Son Hyemi? I’m Yang Yoseob from Kim Company. You applied for a job as an interior designer at our company right?’ Hyemi squinted upon listening to a male’s voice in her phone. She tried to think for a while. Kim Company… Oh, the one where she was ‘attacked’ by a weird psycho guy..

 

‘Ah, yes. I remember now.’

 

‘Well, you get the job. Congratulations.’ The man tried to sound happy but Hyemi quickly sighed.

 

‘Your company’s weird. And that interviewer too. Sorry but I can’t accept your offer.’ She said politely. Hyemi felt she’s been humiliated enough when that guy who interviewed her just suddenly hurt her wrist and unexpectedly yelled at her.

 

‘But Miss. My boss really wants me to employ you…’ He sounded desperate. Maybe he didn’t want to disappoint his boss or something.

 

‘I’m sorry.’ She quickly hung up and threw her phone on the couch.

 

 

‘What’s with these people? I bet that Kim Company’s really out of their mind…’

 

 

*

 

Mr. Yang looked down upon telling him the news.

 

‘Give me the phone. Call her.’

 

 

Myungsoo’s heartbeat was starting to increase in speed when he put the phone at his ear. And soon after that, the girl picked up her call.

 

‘Suz… I mean… Hyemi? Son Hyemi?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter