Piece 030: Choosing

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun couldn’t help but to wonder about the girl whom called him a minute ago. They agreed to meet that night somewhere round Apgujeong because the thing that she wanted to discuss was too huge to be conversed in phone.

Lots of thoughts flashed through his mind. Could it be that he had a child after all these years? And the woman who called him before was the mother who wanted him to take responsibility?

No. It won’t happen. Well, he played too much since these couple of years but making a lady pregnant? That’s the worst case scenario that he could’ve imagined and if it was true, Seungyeon would definitely leave him.

Should he go?

 

***

 

Days passed, nothing changed. I was still here, trapped like a mouse. Every day, I would sit in front of my windows, hugging my knees, staring at the huge gates, waiting. He said he would come to take me but there was no sight of him anywhere.

I knew I had promised Dongwoon Oppa to stay with him but somehow, something inside me wanted to leave this unfamiliar place. This was not where I truly belong and when I thought of L Kim, I had this weird urge to run into his arms because I had a feeling that it was the place where I truly belong.

 

 

‘Hyemi-ya.’

 

‘Oh, Onnie!’ Hearing Seungyeon Onnie’s voice gave me a little life into a my soul.

 

‘You’re busy?’

 

‘No, no! Onnie, come here and take me!’

 

‘Hey, something’s wrong? Why’re you talking to me like this? Are you okay?’

I paused, trying to calm myself down. I wanted to leave this room, I couldn’t deny it anymore. But suddenly, I could feel my phone got snatched from behind.

 

 

 

‘Oppa..’ I stood up when I saw him putting my phone into his pocket. Then, I could hear him sigh and soon, I was engulfed into his arms as he hugged me tight.

 

‘Can I just erase your memory again, somehow? I miss your smile, Hyemi-ya.’

 

‘I want my memory back, please.’ I cried again, like I always did. Since I realized that I wasn’t Son Hyemi, all I did was crying and I felt so bad that sometimes, I had a thought of cutting my wrist to death.

 

‘Am I bad? I just want you to stay with me. I was alone my whole life. Nobody wanted to be with me, no one really cared for me. I only have you.’ His words pierced my soul and not long after that I could hear him sobbing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter