Piece 013: Curious

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The evening was gentle. Kim Myungsoo walked in a slow pace towards his first love’s grave and placed the yellow tulip on the pile of dirt. Autumn breeze hit his handsome face as he sat on the ground and tears started to fall from his eyes when he reminisced on his memories with her.

 

‘It’s been a while… Hey, you know… I saw her before. For a second I thought she’s her but no.’ He murmured to himself while brushing some leaves off of her grave. But then, he sighed.

‘Why’s it always like this? First, you left me and then, Suzy. Suzy… I wonder where she is right now… Is she still alive?’

And so, he spent his day at her grave, pretending that she’s there, listening to him. All Myungsoo needed that time was somebody to talk and Jiyeon seemed to be the only one who’d listen.

 

***

 

Few days passed and it felt quick for Hyemi. Spending most of her time studying and researching, and it’s like she had no time to pick a fight with Park Chorong. Kim Myungsoo also didn’t bother her that much too since the incident at the grave happened. Maybe it’s the guy which he saw her with at that time.

 

‘Brother? Or is he her boyfriend? He seemed so pissed before…’ Myungsoo thought in his little mind while waiting for the clients to arrive at the meeting room. Oh, it bothered him alright but he didn’t know why and after much thought, he finally took his phone and called his assistant.

‘Yang-shi? Can you please find Son Hyemi’s resume. Basically, everything that you can find about her and put it on my desk by this evening, okay?’ Without waiting for any answer, Myungsoo slipped his phone back into his pocket and soon after that, a few people entered the spacious room.

 

***

 

 

The girl tiptoed her way through the room, afraid she would make any unnecessary noise. She went back to the apartment to pick up her stuff. She’s leaving him. For good.

‘Han Seungyeon!’ The bedroom door suddenly banged opened as Jiyong’s figure was standing still not far from where she was. Heart racing, she’s scared at the sight before her. He was fuming, she knew it. He’s breathing rapidly with a look of fury on his face like he used to every time he got mad.

 

‘O-Oppa…’

 

‘You’re always disappearing. Night and day. Where were you?’ His voice was gentle, for now.

 

‘I was… Oppa, I-I want to pack my things and leave. Leave this country and you. I just can’t take it anymore. I’m sorry.’ She answered his question, a bit of hesitant. Hit her if he want, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter