Piece 019: One Name and An Explanation

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying my hardest to picture his face that’s so close to mine until finally I saw him, perfect in his features staring at me with his sad eyes. I tried my best to touch his face but to my regret, it slowly faded like mist. ‘Don’t get near him!’

 

‘Agashi. Wake up, agashi.’ My eyes automatically opened at the squeaky voice near me and I immediately got up at the sight of front of me. When I did, I couldn’t help but wincing in pain when I could feel my head, it's hurting like it’s being hit by a bat.

‘It’s almost midnight, Miss. I’m going to shut this building, so I hope you can leave now.’

 

 ‘What happened, Sir?’ I asked the security officer, glancing around the small room.

 

‘Well, you’re sleeping here I guess. It’s late, Miss. Please?’

Without much thought, I grabbed my stuff and went out of the building. My aching brain tried to make sense of what really happened when my feet suddenly halted when the things that happened before went flashing through my mind. Terrified, I glanced at the reflection of my body in front of the glass walled building. Nothing weird… except for my bruised lips. So, it turned out that I passed out before and he… just left?

 

 

‘Yah, where are you? God, I thought of calling the police before! …. Hyemi?! Are you there?’

 

‘Oh? Yeah… I’ll be home soon…’ I didn’t bother hearing the rest of his nagging anymore and hung up. Sighing, I slip my phone back into my purse and got up from the bench. As soon as I checked my phone, there’re countless missed calls and unread text messages that it stung my head more.

I dragged my feet along the narrow sidewalk beside the main road while having these tangled thoughts running through my head. The person I saw in my dream before, why’s it him? Not Dongwoon Oppa or my parents but it’s his face that appeared before my eyes. Why? Was he someone that has to do with my past too?

‘Nam Woohyun.’ I remembered that name.

 

***

 

I really wanted to open my eyes because I already realized that this’s all a dream but they just won’t open. Crouching under the table in outermost fear, I could only shiver and hoped for him not to find me here. His footsteps was like a horror record to me and all I hoped for was for this dream to be over.

‘Han Seungyeon! Where are you?! You can’t hide from me!’

 

A loud gasp escaped from my lips as I finally could open my eyes. I was sweating like crazy and I quickly glanced beside me. Thank god that it was all just a dream but still, the fear won’t leave me, it’s like I could feel his presence so close to me and that alone made me feel so terrified, and thirsty. Carefully, I got up from the bed and went out to the kitchen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter