Piece 029: The Call

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Standing up here made me think. My life, it’s horrible from the start. My mother’s not here, Jiyeon’s not here and even Suzy too. Everyone that I loved the most was not by side and all I needed was their company at times like this.

But that guy, who was he? How dare he admit that he’s her brother when she’s obviously Bae Suji, the girl whom I bought from her already deceased father a few years ago? Well, I won’t let go of her now. I was stupid enough for pushing her away before and I won’t lose her anymore but I must be quick before my father did anything about Chorong and her family. The matter about Chorong was so ridiculous and this’s just slowing me from getting Suzy back.

 

-Flashback-

‘Hey, I found her. Suzy.’ He quickly turned to face me when he heard that name.

 

‘What? How? Where is she now?!’ He grabbed my arm and squeezed it hard.

 

‘Somewhere. I’m getting her back. Everything didn’t make sense though and I need to talk to her, for a logical explanation but now, I can’t.’ I said and sighed. Without much thought, I poured the wine and drank it in one shot. Nam followed and slammed the glass on the table.

 

‘You idiot. You’re stupid since you’re little. That’s why you always lose everything.’ He let out a soft chuckle and poured another glass. I clenched my glass at his words. Old memories suddenly flashed back to my mind. He’s right, I always lost everything that I treasured most in my life. Friends, people’s attention and most importantly, Jiyeon.

‘But I know Suzy really loves you. That’s why I didn’t believe that she would leave just like that.’

 

‘How’d you know?’

 

‘I just know. I’m her other half, remember?’ Again, he laughed but this time, it’s louder. He’s completely drunk that he started to blurt out nonsense.

-End of Flashback-

 

When I thought of Nam’s words that night, I realized that I was stupid. Stupid for letting go of everything that I loved that easily. I never tried to believe and I never tried to hold on to those precious feelings and in the end, I lost them all.

That’s why starting from now, I won’t give up. Even if I lived, I’d live a valuable one. Suzy and her feelings was the last thing that I still had and I won’t let her slip away again.

But with Hyunwoo gone again without any trace and with that guy keeping Suzy’s on the way, things would going to be harder.

 

 

‘Oppa?’

 

‘Go away, Chorong.’

Instead of going away, I could hear the sound of her heels getting louder.

 

‘Your father told me about this place. This’s nice, you can see the whole city from here… Oh, he told me about the arrangement.’ She started to speak that I started to sigh.

‘But honestly, I don’t want to get married yet.’

I quickly turned to her, quite shocked with her words. Park Chorong, who’s been crushing on me since high school’s saying that she didn’t want to get married to me?

 

‘Really?’

 

‘Yeah. I’m still young with lots of dreams to achieve. I admit that I like you a lot but when I thought of myself, being a wife, staying at home, chatting with a bunch of lonely housewives, I got scared.’ She said and walked closer towards me.

‘And that girl, Hyemi. I got my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter