Piece 010: Closer

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The place was getting darker and the street lamps were already on. More people were getting out of the park since the small concert was already over hours ago but this one girl. She’s standing in front of the river, not sure of what she’s waiting for. Woohyun? Maybe.

But all of the sudden, Seungyeon froze when his figure walked towards her until he stopped and standing right in front of the petite girl. How his heart hurt seeing her tired eyes.

‘I knew you’d wait.’ He said with a weak smile. She didn’t answer, looking on the cold ground.

 

It’s silence after that, with only the whistling sound of the wind. Hesitated at first, he edged closer towards the fragile girl and pulled her into his hug.

‘You’re so bad in putting make up on your face, Han Seungyeon. You missed the spot on the side of your lips…’ He sighed and tightened his hold, ignoring the fact that someone could be watching them at that moment. And Seungyeon, she didn’t have the strength to push him away anymore. She felt like she couldn’t let him go. It felt safe to be in his arms and she really did belonged there.

‘He hurt you again, did he? I’m sick seeing you like this. Listen. I’m going back to SK this weekend. Come with me if you still consider your happiness and mine. That scum, he didn’t deserve happiness. You do. You’re too nice, Seungyeon and he doesn’t deserve you. Are you going to let him to be the father of your children?’

 

The question hit Seungyeon on the head. Like being electrocuted, she shivered at the thought of the future of her children. She obviously didn’t want Jiyong to hurt them like he did to her.

‘Think about it. I’ll always wait for you. Give me the chance to show you how much I care for you, your future. You don’t have one if you stayed with him.’ He explained and then, he withdrew from the hug and stared closely at her beautiful face. Seungyeon still couldn’t speak, looking at his eyes.

‘I love you, Han Seungyeon. And I’m sure of that.’

 

‘I-I love you too, Nam Woohyun.’ Those words came out automatically from when she eyed his sincere face. And she finally said the words that she’d been longing to say since these past years.

Woohyun’s absolutely couldn’t believe his ears. His face went blank for a while, trying to process her words and at that moment, the fragile girl leaned in closer and kissed his lips like she always wanted to do since forever.

 

***

 

‘What was the name of the company you’re working at? Wait, wait! Don’t say it!’ The handsome boy squeezed his eyes shut, trying hard to remember the name.

 

‘What is this, Oppa… I thought you remembered…’ She whined and crossed her arms, feeling quite disappointed.

 

‘I knew it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter