Piece 012: I Don't Know

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Did I make the right decision? Was I in my right state of mind earlier?

“Think about your future. Your kids.”

Kids. That’s what made me think again. It’s okay if I’m hurt but not my children. Jiyong Oppa can hurt me but not them. Maybe, maybe this sounded fast but when Woohyun mentioned about the future before, I had a sudden thought of going with him. Away from this this country and most importantly, away from Jiyong Oppa but what about my decision to stay with him that I made a few years back?

 

‘Yeah, honey!’ I halted at the front door when I heard the disgusting noises coming from inside the room. My heart hurt, feeling a rush of betrayal inside my chest. How could he be with another lady in our own bed and home?

I let go of my intention to get into the small apartment and turned back. Maybe I should leave Kwon Jiyong… For good.

 

 

A few years back, I remembered how bad I felt. Attending Jiyong Oppa’s parents’ funeral, seeing him all wrenched, his sad eyes and to know that it all happened because of my parents. His father committed suicide and his mother died in shock when my father cheated in a business that they tried to make.

Jiyong Oppa and I were childhood friends. In fact we’re best friends since elementary school. I always loved seeing him smiling, teasing me, stealing my books and lunch every day. But since his parents’ died, he changed. The hope of seeing him smiling sincerely at me again burned since then but I wasn’t sure if it still did now.

 

 

‘Yes, miss. I’m sorry but this area is highly restricted.’

I looked up just to see a buff man in his security attire. I turned and eyed my surroundings when I realized that I was standing in front of tall building.

‘You can wait over there with the rest.’ He said, pointing at a bunch of girls not far from where we were at that time.

‘Hey, are you listening?!’

I could feel a burning pain on my arm as I was dragged towards the small crowd.

 

‘Trying to convince the security, eh? Well, don’t even bother trying because that guy, he’s as though as a rock.’ A lady with a pointy nose uttered hatefully while fixing her cardigan. The night’s cold since it’s the start of autumn.

‘So, wanting to dig something from Nam Woohyun? Or are you a diehard fangirl? Hmm.. I’m guessing that you’re his fan, dreaming about him every night. Am I right?’ She raised her brows but all that I could do was stood there, blankly.

 

She’s right. What was I doing, walking to Nam Woohyun’s house? But no matte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter