Chapter 11

Hmm...I Might Like This Country More Than I Thought

For two weeks Kris and I been seeing each other. And another thing, YG called me for an audition.

Flashback

It was after school and BoA Yu and I were watching the basketball game. Bao Yu and I were in the stand when YG called.

"Yebosayo?"

"Annyeong, is this Lee Mina?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"This is Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO and founder of YG Entertainment. You took a liking to one of my artist and I want to know if you are interested in auditioning."

"What?! OF COURSE!!!"

"We will contract you when it's time for the audiones."

"Thank you."

After hanging up Bao Yu was looking at me.

"What happened? It looked like you were going to fly to the moon."

The CEO of YG called and said they are interested in me and want me to audition," I said, bouncing up and down.

"That's so cool. I feel so proud of you," Bao Yu hugged me.

After the basketball game, which Kris's team won, Kris, Bao Yu, and I drove to the ice cream shop.

"I'm so proud of you!" said Kris when we told him the good news.

"Yep, we are friends with a future idol!" said Bao Yu.

"I might not be an idol," I said, "I'm not that good."

"Yes you are," said Kris and Bao Yu.

"Whatever," I laughed, "We are her to celebrate Kris victory."

Present

Today we are in the school gym because Mr. Soo Man wanted an assembly.

"One last thing, all of you know about the talent show. And you all know the winner will get a surprise. Well this time the winner will get a $10,000 scholarship to any collage they choose and perform with BoA and Kangta."

The gym started to feel up with people voices.

"Now on to the president of Student Council, Taeyeon."

Everybody, mostly the boys clapped when Taeyeon came to the stage.

"Good morning to everyone at SM High. I would like to talk about the talent show which is in two months. You can go solo or in a group. You cannot get in trouble or else you will be disqualified. You also have to pass all of your classes to participate. Auditions are starting next Tuesday through Monday. And also the judges are Victoria, Leeteuk, Suho, Onew, Yunho, and me. Thank you!"

After her speech everyone clapped.

"You should audition," said Bao Yu.

"I still haven't decided. You should audition," I said.

"Heck no! I would rather die than audition in front of Taeyeon."

After the assembly, Mr. Soo Man told us to go back to class. As I was walking pass him, Mr. Soo Man put his hand on my shoulder.

"Mina, can you come with me to my office?"

"Um...sure," didn't know why I had to.

I told Bao Yu I had to go with Mr. Soo Man t his office. When we arrived at his office he told me to sit down.

"So Mina, do you know why you are in here?" Mr. Soo Man asked me.

"No sir, but I know I didn't do anything wrong," I said.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I just want to tell you something."

"Like what?"

"I heard that BoA talked to you about the talent show."

"Oh really?" trying to be surprised.

"Yes, she said you are the best singer she ever saw. She told me you shouldn't audition for the talent show. So I'm going to tell you this, since BoA is like a daughter to me then I will do it. But if you disobey the rules then you are out. So have fun."

I said goodbye and left to go to art. I walked in and sat next to Henry since we are partners for a project.

"Where were you?" whispered Henry.

"Mr. Soo Man wanted me in his office to talk about the talent show," I whispered back.

"What did he said?"

"He said I do not need to do the audition, but if I disobey the rules then I'm out."

"That's cool."

"Yeah, I guess it is. Are you and Zhou Mi going to do the talent show with the rest of the guys?"

"No, they are doing one of their songs. I think y, Free, and Single."

I really hate it when Henry and Zhou Mi do not perform with the rest of them.

"Well what about you and Zhu Mi help me with my performance?"

Please say yes.

"Sure, I will ask Zhou Mi, he will probably say yes also," Henry smiled.

"So, do you know what song you are doing?"

"No."

"Well you need to hurry."

We talked while doing our project until the bell rang.

Tiffany POV

While working on the project in art with my partner, my boyfriend AKA Siwon, I heard Henry and Mina talking about the talent show.

Didn't I warn Mina about that? And Mr. Soo Man told her she doesn't have to audition! This is unacceptable. Need to tell the girls about this.

"This is unbelievable," I mumbled.

"What's unbelievable?" Siwon asked.

"Mina isn't going to audition! You have to do the audition. She thinks she's so good that she's not going to perform, that will not happen."

"Tiffany baby, leave that girl alone."

"Who side are you on?" I glared at him.

"God side," Siwon mumbled.

"Be serious."

"I am serious."

"Whatever," I said, getting back to work.


At lunch I had to make an announcement.

"Listen up everyone,"  I said to everybody at the table, "I have an announcement."

"What is it Tiffany?" Kris asked.

I glared at him, "Wait till I tell you."

He rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, you all know about the talent show and the prize. I just want to say lets have a friendly compotition."

"Don't we always?" mumbled Changmin.

"Well all of us want to go to college and on a scholarship," I said.

"But all of us are rich," said Key.

Everybody agreed.

"Do you want the scholarship to go to someone else?" I asked.

Some people shook their heads.

"Back on the subject, I heard a person saying she will not audition for the talent show because Mr. Soo Man told her she do not need to. Want to know why?"

"Why?" asked Sungmin.

"Because she met BoA and she likes her."

"Is it the same girl from the dance?" asked Ryeoewook.

"Yes, and I know who it is," I looked at Kris, Henry, and Chanyeol.

"Who is it?" asked Xiumin.

"How about you ask Kris, Henry, or Chanyeol."

Everybody looked at them.

"Who is it?" asked Yunho.

"Tiffany, leave her alone," said Henry.

"Shut up. I heard you and Mina talking in art about the talent show and how you will help her."

Henry, are you going to help her?" asked Leeteuk.

"Yes, you want to know why? Because I hate it when you all are doing something, but me and Zhou Mi can't."

I saw Kris looking at Henry with a hint of jealousy, "So you are going to help her?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Tiffany, just leave her alone," said Chanyeol.

"Don't tell me about leaving her alone, you are dating Bao Yu, the loser," I said.

"Don't say anything about my sister!" said Kris.

Before I could say anything the bell rang.

"Let's just go to class you guys," said Sunny.

Mina POV

After school Bao Yu and I were waiting on Kris.

Where is he? When I saw him in the hallway he looked at me funny. Is there something wrong?

About five minutes later Kris came.

"Sorry I'm late, had to ask my math teacher something."

"It doesn't matter, let's just go," said Bao Yu, getting in the car.

Before I could get in the car Kris pulled me to him.

"Did I ever tell you looked really beautiful today?" he asked then kissed me.

"No, but thank you," I said then kissed him back.

He kissed me about ten more times until Bao Yu told him to stop.

Why is he bombarding me with kissed? Usually he never kisses me at school because he doesn't want anybody to see.

Bao Yu and Kris dropped me off at the mansion and left. I saw Taeyeon and Tiffany looking at me then went back to their conversation.

Taeyeon POV

When Mina left, Tiffany and I went back to our conversation.

"So what are you planning?" I asked Tiffany.

"Well, all I can tell you is my plan will ruin Mina with the talent show and with Kris," Tiffany had a evil smirk.

"Can you please tell me?" I begged her.

"Okay," Tiffany whispered her plan into my ear.