Chapter 16 - JYJ Meeting The Trainees

Always Keep The Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16 - JYJ Meeting The Trainees

 

How long has it been since they last stepped into that building. Two years? Three years? Jaejoong had stopped counting ever since they left Yunho and Changmin. It was ironic how their last encounter with them hadn’t been in Korea, but instead of all places, Japan’s Narita Airport. It was there when they split, when, to the public, they became JYJ and TVXQ separately. Jaejoong remembered watching his (ex) member’s retreating figures, as if watching a silent film, where everything else was in black and white except for those two. Watched as a tear slipped out of Changmin’s eyes, watched as Yunho’s face as contorted in pain, watched as they walked away without a glance back. He would like to have believed that if they actually looked back, he would be able to see plead and desperation in their eyes. But he had no way of knowing now.

 

They had been whisked away a few hours after their last performance, a very sad ‘Stand By U’ in Kohaku, been shoved into different planes and sent back to Korea, both groups arriving at different timings. But it might have been for the best. Who knows if they had spent more time in each other, the pain might have been too much for them to handle.

 

But now as Jaejoong stood in front of the building, he wondered if that pain would still be there, as a symbol of their bond. Sighing, he took a cigarette out from his pocket and pressed it to his lips, breathing through the filter, before drawing it out in a long breath, and watching it as it curled into white smoke before drifting away, hopefully helping to bring acid rain in some country far far away, just because Jaejoong was in that kind of mood now.

 

“Hyung, stop killing yourself.” Jaejoong watched in amused silence as Yoochun reached over and plucked the cigarette off his hyung’s head, before bringing it to his lips and smoking it himself.

 

“I think BOTH of you needs to stop being so suicidal.” Junsu commented as he wrinkled his nose and turning his head away from the white swirls drifted towards him, an unwelcome present from the mid-December wind. He leaned against the car and turned his gaze towards the building. One would require a special pass to enter SM Entertainment building, which all staff members, trainees or artistes alike all have access to. But ever since 2010, after leaving the company, JYJ had lost that ‘privilege’ as some people might put and now they found themselves standing outside, in the cold winter wind, waiting for an to fetch them, courtesy of SM Entertainment they say.

 

It was alright with them though. After all, waiting was something that they had gotten used to. Far too used to.

 

“I swear that probably has his heads in the clouds and is off drinking somewhere.”

 

“Nah. There he is, tripping over his own two left feet.”

 

~~~~~

 

Yoochun tried his best to ignore the stares that were being directed at them as they were led down the hallways of SM Entertainment to the room where they were supposed to meet the trainees. It was unnerving, with every step you take, you find yourself on the receiving end of at least 5 stares. But he should expected it. After all, who doesn’t want to witness this extraordinary spectacle of the ‘traitors’ entering SM Entertainment again.

 

He felt shivers go down his spine as he passed by a particular room. SNSD’s perfect faces peeked out at him and he looked quickly away. It wasn’t that he hated the girls, but he didn’t really know what they thought of him, or JYJ for that matter. Unlike other SM artistes, SNSD had hardly spoken anything against or for JYJ. But then again, they weren’t really close in the first place.

 

On his left, Junsu shifted uncomfortably. “Do you think we’ll see Super Junior?” He asked in a soft voice.

 

“Nah. They’re in China right now.” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Oh... Then do you think we’ll see them?”

 

Silence and tension hung in the air as the three continued to make their way down to the room., each of them absorbed in their own thoughts. They hadn’t really thought of that yet. What were they going to say to them? Walk up and say hi? That’s was impossible. Besides, its been four years, there was no telling how things would be like now.

 

“We’re here.” The three of them were jolted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter