Chapter 13 - Coffee Cojjee

Always Keep The Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 13 - Coffee Cojjee

 

Changmin sat in front of the television, hands resting by his side as he sat on the edge on the sofa, eyes never leaving the screen in front of him. It at been two weeks or so ever since the lawsuit results had been released and the shocking news of JYJ’s revelation. Despite all those chaos, SM Entertainment were determined to let Yunho and Changmin to continue with their ‘Catch Me’ promotions, giving them a tight schedule with no rest. And due to that, the duo missed out on most of the news about the lawsuit results played on television and JYJ’s interviews. Lucky, Kyuhyun had been kind enough (which was really rare) to record for them a video of Junsu’s interview that was being played on television while they were busy preparing for their concert, which had him now sitting in front of the television, watching videos of his hyung at his Germany concert just a day after the lawsuit results were out, instead of going to the gym or recording songs. From what he had been told by Hyukjae, JYJ, or rather Junsu more specifically since he was the only one he had spoken to, had no idea about what was going on with the lawsuit and had been rushed to Germany the very next day for his concert, leaving without a trace of his reaction to the lawsuit in Korea.

 

Speed seems like something that both CJES and SM Entertainment now treasure. Everything was happening at a fast pace, too fast of Changmin’s liking.

 

As Changmin’s eyes never left his hyung’s face on the screen, he really wanted to believe Hyukjae’s words that JYJ were totally innocent in this situation, but somewhere in his mind where the devil stayed, the thought of what JYJ said was true and that thought kept constantly hammering on his mind’s door, threatening to tear his heart into pieces - which this time, he was afraid, might never be healed - should it succeed in entering the mind. So here he was now, adopting the traits of a Cassiopeia and watching the interview closely, eyes scanning for any hints that Junsu might be lying as the interview proceeded.

 

“I lament the fact that I’m not able to introduce myself as a member of TVXQ.

I, too, find this situation to be unfortunate because I entered the entertainment industry and started out as a singer through TVXQ,

Though the situation is unfortunate and regrettable, the title of ‘TVXQ’ will always remain in my heart and I believe that other people, and not only myself, will remember and never forget the five years that I performed as a member of TVXQ.

Nothing will ever be as memorable and fill me with joy than if I could stand on stage again as ‘TVXQ’ one day.

We were fighting a battle against our company (SM Entertainment) and their unlawful practices; it wasn’t that we wanted to throw away our title of ‘TVXQ’ or leave ‘TVXQ’.

When I perform in musicals, I use my real name of Kim Junsu. Regardless of what name I use, I give people my all to repay them for remembering me and coming to see me. But I started out as ‘Xiah’ and I would like to keep performing under that name as a singer.”

 

Changmin kept quiet as his hyung’s soft voice filled the room. There was no signs of Junsu looking away from the camera at the ground, something that Junsu always does when he lies. Neither was there any nervous movements of his hands. All he saw was pure heartbreak, desperateness and pleading.

 

The maknae of TVXQ switched off the video and leaned back, sighing. What had things come to now? What the lawsuit is saying is totally different from Junsu’s interview and he had no idea which to believe in, (although he was much more compelled to believe in the latter.)

 

Rrrriingg....

 

Changmin jerked up suddenly when his handphone rang, disturbing the short peace in the dorm. Yunho had left for the company due to a meeting so he was all alone. He reached over to the table in front of him and answered the call.

 

“Yo! Are you done?”

 

Kyuhyun’s voice came over the phone.

 

“Yah... I guess.”

 

“I guess? What is the word coming to! Shim Changmin guessing! Where is the confident Changmin I once knew?” Kyuhyun dramatically proclaimed. Changmin smiled at his best friend’s attempt to cheer him up.

 

“Hey listen. Sungmin and I are going to drop by some cafe and grab a drink. Wanna come?” The maknae of Super Junior offered.

 

“Drop by? Where?” Changmin asked, standing up as he silently accepted the offer.

 

“I don’t know. Heechul is bringing us there. He’s meeting us at Apujeong station.”

 

Changmin raised a eyebrow at the aforementioned name. Heechul? Apparently, the elder had gotten a day of at his mandatory service, so it seems. With Heechul there, he could help probably take the younger’s mind off the depressing situation right now. And any coffee shop that Heechul recommends is good, seeing how Kim Heechul has rather high standards when it comes to coffee.

 

“I’ll meet you there in 20.” He said before hanging up after receiving a confirmation from Kyuhyun.

 

Changmin stretched and made his way to the door, grabbing his shoes and wearing them before heading out, not forgetting to lock the door and grabbing the bag next to it. He made his way down to the first floor and look around, pulling out his disguise - a pair of sunglasses and a beanie (blame Jaejoong for both) - before making his way to the station. Changmin walked through the crowd that was bustling on Seoul’s streets, head down. It was the winter season nowadays. Not many people would be out in the streets seeing how it was still holidays and the weather outside was freezing and for that, Changmin was thankful for. He raised his head when he heard his name being called. As it seems, he had already made his way to the station subconsciously while lost in thought. Thankfully, the apartment wasn’t far from the station.

 

As he watched Sungmin waving at him a bit too enthusiastically, with Kyuhyun standing behind him, he decided that a few hours with his friends would do him some good.

 

~~~

 

In SM Entertainment -

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter