Chapter 8 - And The Story Begins.... Part 2

Always Keep The Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8 - And The Story Begins.... Part 2

 

 

~ On the other side of Seoul ~

 

 

The alarm clock rang loudly, standing on the table that was placed next to the bed, disturbing the male from his sleep. He cracked open an eye but seeing the clock reading 3am,  he reached over a lazy hand and fumbled around for the annoying noise source, before offing it and turning back to sleep, snuggling into his pillow. Why did he even set to such a time, he had no idea. His blanket kicked into the floor and his head hidden under the pillow in an attempt to hide from the other noises from outside.

 

The door opened, allowing a slight stream of light to enter the dark room and footsteps were heard. He felt a blanket placed over him, sighing at the warmth. A hand gently moved his head onto the pillow and turned him over, before brushing hair out of his face and landing a soft kiss to the temple. The other person turned away and closed the door gently before leaving.

 

Junsu slowly opened on eye, looking into the dim room, before snuggling into one of his pillows and his side. It probably was Jaejoong who came over to wake him up. But seeing how tired he was, and given the fact that he had just finished his world tour and numerous concerts, Jaejoong decided to leave him alone. Junsu thanked his lucky stars for Jaejoong being so kind, before drifting into a dreamless sleep once more.

 

The door opened slightly once more, unbeknownst to the sleeping male and Jaejoong smiled slightly seeing Junsu’s relaxed face. It had been a while since he could see that sort of expression. Since JYJ was formed, each of them had been busy with their own activities. As they were banned from performing on TV, each member took their own solo paths but still produced their songs together. 

 

Jaejoong and Yoochun each focused on their own drama whereas Junsu decided on a solo concert. As much as Jaejoong didn’t want it, it felt like they were disbanding once more, who was he to deny Junsu on his dream. Performing with DBSK was one of them, the other was if he ever got a chance, Junsu wanted to try solo. Seeing how they can’t perform as 5 anytime soon in the near future, Yoochun and Jaejoong decided that it was for the best and supported him from the side.

 

Jaejoong closed the door and walked down the corridor to Yoochun’s room. Seeing that it was empty, he moved over to the studio. That was where Yoochun would most likely to be, if not in his bedroom. He walked in, only to find the younger sprawled over the table, mouth slightly open, hair in front of his eyes, a stack of paper in front of him and the piano beside him with its cover open.

 

Yoochun had probably worked himself into the wee hours of the night again. Jaejoong wasn’t able to make it home at night due to drama filming and hence wasn’t able to chase Yoochun to bed. He closed the piano while deciding to carry Yoochun before coming back to rearrange the papers. He gently slipped one arm under Yoochun’s armpits and piggybacked him to his bed, before slowly placing him on the bed. 

 

Yoochun stirred a bit, before turning over and buried himself into the blanket. Jaejoong rearranged the tangle of limbs before covering Yoochun’s stomach with the blanket. Before leaving, he didn’t forget to turn on the air conditioner. As it was December and outside was snowing, he didn’t want to take the risk of any of them catching a cold, choosing to on the air conditioner instead of opening the windows. How Yoochun could survive and still sleep in such cold conditions would forever remain a mystery to Jaejoong.

 

He closed the door to Yoochun’s bedroom before shuffling back to the studio, or the workplace it was often called. He took the stack of papers, straightened them and put them at the corner of the place. A stapled stack of papers caught his eyes and he took it, scanning through before sighing. It was a song. Again. For this song was not supposed to be sung by 3 people by 5. A song that was written was for the five of them, not JYJ. Yoochun’s emotions had been at work. Whenever he was in a reminiscing mood or feeling depressed, he would pour out all his emotions into song writing. But old habits die hard, it always ended up as a 5 person song.

 

Jaejoong skimmed through the lyrics, flipping by page by page. He pressed a hand to his aching temple, feeling a headache coming, his heart growing heavier as he read line by line. Like every other song that Yoochun had written when he was in that sort of mood, the lyrics which he penned down often screamed despair and regret, longing and nostalgia. 

 

Not for the first time, Jaejoong silently wondered to himself if filing the lawsuit had been the right choice. Sure, now they had the freedom that they had always wanted, but was the heartbreak and the pain that came along worth it? Was leaving their two brothers worth it? Was throwing away and letting go, or so the media claim, of a strong 8 year friendship worth the freedom? A few years ago, Jaejoong would have confidently said yes. But now, he wasn’t so sure.

 

But why wasn’t he allowed to be selfish? All those years in SM, it had always been about pleasing the company and the CEO, never once for himself. But he was fine. He was happy, as long as his brothers were happy. But the happiness were slowly fading. The smiles soon turned fake, turned into frowns and they were almost at each other’s throats every day. They were slowly being destroyed. Jaejoong couldn’t just stand by and watch anymore. So he took matters into his own hands, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter