Mindful

The Make-Over Game

'...just one of my closer neighbours. They're the only young people in the building - to my knowledge anyway,' you found yourself explaining to Yunho ten minutes later as he drove you to work. 'Minho plays for Seoul FC. He was just offered a contract for the National Team.'

'Isn't he too young to be living independently? What is he? A junior? Senior, in highschool?'

'He's a university sophomore. He majors in Sports Science... Sulli's an art freshman.'

'And they're living together?'

'They eloped.'

Yunho looked at you, his face read surprise. 'Really?'

'At least, I think so. Sulli's persuing acting when her parents want her to follow into medicine, and Minho was arranged to be married or something like that...'

 

You arrived at the Seventeen building, your nerves overtaking you as you made your way up to your Chief Editor's office.

'Well, well. Look who it is! The talk of the town. How's Seoul's hottest couple? - Well, second hottest. I heard Taecyeon and Yuna are on their way to Hawaii for some quality... er, bonding.'

'Sunbaenim,' you groaned rolling your eyes and sitting on a leather loveseat infront of her desk. She took the chair opposite you and Yunho.

'Mianh, mianh. I was only joking. I actually wanted to ask you... for - call it a favour for your awesome unnie - permission to run a small section on your dramatic lovelife in our magazine. Think about it - everyone's curious about your side of the story. There's no news about what you think or say, yet there are loads of photographs. It's driving our readers crazy. An inclusive insight, specially for this magazine, will increase our sales figure by... hang on - we calculated this - twenty three percent! This is your big break, publicity for Yunho, and an opportunity for promotion and a raise.'

Your mouth had dropped slightly open by the end of her proposition. Yunho's eyebrows had climbed to the top of his forehead.

'Sunbaenim, are you bribing me?'

The elder let out a mocking gasp before grinnning. 'You could say so.' Her sly smile remained on her lips as you looked at Yunho, wondering what he feels. However, he was deep in thought, eyes unfocused on the black mahogany of your boss' desk.

'Take it,' he mumbled, 'it's about time for publicity anyway.' You looked at him, then towards your beaming boss.

'He's right you know,' she sang.

With one last glance at him, you nodded.

'Excellent!' the editor exclaimed, clapping, 'then, go with one of the journalists. They've already got some questions down.'

The woman relayed a messaged, and two minutes later one of your co-workers came in looking sheepish. You followed her to a secluded room, sitting next to Yunho on a sofa.

 

Twenty minutes later and you found yourself exiting the room, without the slightest idea about what just happened. Yunho answered most of the questions, you hardly spoke.

'Thanks for doing this, but it's not too late to back out now,' you told him on the way down a long corridor.

The two of you entered the studio where everything you would ever need for a full blown photoshoot had been set up. You gaped.

'What on earth...' you mumbled, 'm-my... my cameras.'

'Sunbaenim!' someone called. You and Yunho turned to find one of the make-up artists waving you over.

'Hae Rin, w-what...?'

'It's themed,' the girl answered your question.

'Oppa really wanted the full scale.'

'No!' you blurted loud enough that the studio fell silent. Yunho held your shoulder. 'This is ridiculous! I can't. I'm not.'

You grabbed hold of Yunho's hand and began to drag him out of the studio. It was too much. Realisation had hit you hard and it hurt. Once again you had become everyone's form of entertainment. Years and years behind the camera and out of nowhere you were the girl in the picture.

The lights flashed, and you stopped in your tracks. You turned to your co-worker who was holding the camera in his hand. His face now read fear.

'Did you just take a picture of me, Oh Tae Jun?' you hissed, letting go of a perplexed Yunho.

'Um... no?'

You pounced, attempting to grab the camera out of his hands. The young man ran, cackling.

'Sunbaenim! Just let me take one set! One batch!'

'No!'

'Six then! Six!'

'No way in he-'

'Three!' Yunho yelled, catching you by the waist as you ran past him still chasing Tae Jun. The younger man stopped and looked behind him.

'What?!' you yelled at Yunho, struggling to get free.

'Just three... and we'll never do this again. If you want exposure... we need to give something,' Yunho reasoned.

Taking a deep breath you forced out a 'Fine! But I'm not smiling...'

True to your word, you couldn't smile even if you forced it. The ever so photogenic director, Jung Yunho pleaded and pleaded along with Tae Jun but to no avail. They were allowed three, why make it any easier?

'Fine. You won't smile? Let's try a different direction,' Yunho whipered into your ear before spinning you around and pulling you against him. The women in the studio squealed.

Meanwhile, it felt like your heart was going to pound itself out of your chest. Yunho's smirk was so familiar. With the same arm he used to pull you, he hooked it around his neck. And to the delight of the camera and the staff, he kissed you, all in that one moment. You felt like you were going to die.

Reality pulled you back as the click, click, click of the camera reverbrated through your brain and pushed away from Yunho.

'That's enough. You've taken too much, so choose whichever and delete the rest.'

You didn't even dare look at the pictures as the staff sorted through them, deciding which three to use for the magazine. With a thumbs up from Yunho, the two of you left the building.

You sat in Yunho's car, your arms folded. You were mistaken, it wasn't Yunho that you should be given the choice to back out; it was you. Yunho cleared his throat just as he started the engine.

'Are you mad?'

'Mad? Anni...' you lied. In the space of a couple of days you had forgotten why you were with Yunho. It wasn't for a romantic relationship, but a form of revenge. If that wasn't something to be ashamed about then you didn't know what it meant.Taecyeon had hurt you... badly, but for some unknown reason it was okay. Maybe you hadn't forgiven him yet, but the pain you knew then, was completely different to the pain you know now.

In the space of a few days you had fallen back in love with the arrogant and egotistic Yunho you knew once upon a time.

And it was all an act to him.

 

 

'Oppaaa!' you screamed, running up the gravelly drive way to the direction of the man at the door.

Jaejoong caught you, chuckling.

'Look what the cat dragged in. I can't believe you still remember me,' Jaejoong said, smiling down at you. You grinned.

'I didn't know when you had come back from Japan. I tried calling but I don't think your number was in use anymore.'

'Yeah... my phone got stolen as soon as I arrived at the airport in Japan.' You chuckled and moved to the side, Jaejoong's arm around your shoulder. 'Oh, Yunho-ah. You're here again?'

Yunho glared at his best friend.

'Yeah, you want me to leave?'

'If you don't mind. I have a lot of catching up to do with this little chick here,' Jaejoong teased. You grinned.

'Pfft, as if I'd leave you alone with her. Don't trust this this guy, he's a player,' Yunho adviced, following the two of you into the house.

'I already know that, yet I trust him more than you,' you replied.

A blaze exploded in Yunho's eyes. What was that? You trusted Jaejoong more than him? Oppa? Wait 'til you find out what that stupid oppa does to every woman who comes into this house.

Yunho made himself at home. He wandered into the open kitchen and grabbed one of the many, many bottles of juice Jaejoong kept in the massive fridge.

'Is he still the same as ever then?' Yunho heard Jaejoong ask you as the two of you sat on the white leather sofa.

'Even worse,' you replied, giggling.

Yunho gritted his teeth. What is this familiar irritable feeling? He hadn't felt like this since... The bottle in Yunho's hand slipped, and with a thunk, spilled it's contents onto the white linoleum floor. You and Jaejoong looked questioningly towards the kitchen, in time to see Yunho unroll some kitchen paper and disappear behind the counter.

No, what a stupid thought. For a second he thought he was inlove with the girl sitting beside Jaejoong.

No...

Just like he had been inlove with the same girl six years ago.

No.

Yunho stood up and looked towards you and Jaejoong. The irritable feeling was still there as you conversed with Jaejoong naturally. The way you called him and not Yunho 'oppa'. The way you smiled without defences. The way the two of you were so close that even a slight skin contact would be intimate. And did Yunho imagine it, but was that a sneaky challenging glance Jaejoong sent him as he rested his arm on the back of the sofa around you?

 

♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

 

OH MY GEE!!

OTZ Please don't kill me >_<

Sorry it's short! Sorry it took me while! Sorry!

I love youuuu

☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Annyeong~! ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘