Drive

The Make-Over Game

Yunho gaped, the loud sound of ringing filled his ears as Yuna’s words ran through his mind over and over again.

She’s inlove with you!

Yunho shook his head. Impossible. How could he dare to believe that? As much as he wanted to, for you to love him after all this time was asking for a miracle – not after everything he’s put you through. Yunho stood up, offered his hand to Yuna who sniffed and smiled, taking his hand and allowing him to help her up from the floor in Jaejoong’s piano room. As soon as she was up, he dropped his hand with a grateful smile at the younger and the two exited the room together.

Yunho arrived to find the dining table almost empty. Jaejoong was back in the kitchen fumbling about while Junsu and Changmin sat in their seats, seemingly with lost appetites. He didn’t fail to miss that you and Yoochun were missing.

‘They left twenty minutes ago,’ Jaejoong informed Yunho when the latter asked where you were.

‘What?’

‘Yes, she didn’t say very much. She just said goodbye and left with Yoochun.’

Yunho felt as if his heart just dropped to the floor. Jaejoong threw him something and Yunho caught it reflexively. Car keys.

 

 

You sighed as you packed the last of your belongings in your suitcase and zipped it up. Setting your suitcase upright, you looked around the familiar bedroom memorized it. Outside the sun had already set coaxing Seoul to light up the night. It was one of the things you’ll miss, the view.

Taking a deep breath, you sighed and began to descend the stairs just as your phone began to ring. Anticipating it to be Yunho, you were confused when you didn’t recognise the number.

‘Hello?’ you picked up.

‘Hello,’ came a professional voice and you were taken aback when she inquired for you.

‘This is her speaking,’ you replied just as a politely.

‘Oh – good evening, I’m so sorry to disturb you. My name is Hwayoung, I’m from Marie Claire magazine,’ she introduced and you felt your stomach lurch. You had applied for a position in Marie Claire over a month ago, but you haven’t heard from them since and you had forgotten about it until now. ‘I’m calling to see if you’re still interested in a position within our company?’

You nearly choked on your breath. ‘Yes! Yes, ofcourse!’

The lady chuckled. ‘I’m relieved. If you would consider meeting me in Incheon tomorrow, we could discuss this in further detail. Would that be possible?’

You stopped in your tracks as you reached the elevator. ‘Yes, that would be great.’

 

 

Yunho rang you for the fifth time cursing when the answering machine informed him that your line was busy. With a frustrated breath, he threw his phone on the passenger seat and stepped on the accelerator. There was an uneasy feeling at the pit of his stomach that told him you were going to leave him. In his mind a sardonic voice taunted him.

She was never yours to begin with. You started this façade as a mutual agreement and it’s come to the end.

 

 

You paled when the door of the elevator opened and you looked up from your phone to find Yunho. His eyes darkened once he saw the suitcase behind you. He stepped off and you turned, keeping a safe distance away.

‘Are you that desperate to leave that you can’t even say a proper goodbye?’ Yunho asked sardonically.

‘I was waiting for you,’ you lied dully, looking anywhere but him.

‘And? Here I am.’ His voice was challenging, and it was clear there was anger in it. Your heart ached even more as he stepped closer. You took half a step back only to hit the suitcase. You could feel the power radiating off of him making you feel helpless.

‘Yunho, please, you’re making it hard for me to leave,’ you pleaded.

‘Why is that?’ He was closing the gap between you and him more and more.

‘It’s already been 3 weeks, Yunho,’ you replied evenly, tightening the grip around the phone in your hand. 3 wonderful weeks that had built up to this moment when the two of you were to be separated again. You wish you could regret it but you didn’t and that was what pained you the most. ‘We need to stop this. You… you need to be with Yuna. She loves you, I know she does.’ But you couldn’t find it in you to watch them get back together again. And, it wasn’t like he needed you anyway, Jaejoong was there for the two of them, supporting them all the way.

‘I don’t doubt Yuna’s love for me,’ Yunho said simply, and something inside you twisted. There was sureness in his gaze, confidence in his stance and anticipation inside of him as he watched you avert your gaze back to him. ‘Why are you so scared of staying?’ he insisted.

‘Because you should be with her! I just want to be free of this! I don’t know what possessed me to agree to it. We’ve already been through this before once and… and I can’t let myself go through it again!’ Everything that he was, and any little things that he does affected you; one fleeting glance and he could make your heart race. His mere presence overwhelmed you. He had the power to complete you and break you at the same time and it scared you.

Yunho’s eyes widened with understanding when he saw the fear in your eyes. ‘I didn’t come to you to hurt you. That was never my intention. It was never my intention when we were younger either. I’m not here to break your heart.’ He closed his eyes tightly, willing for you to see, to realize it a little differently.

‘You’re right. I won’t give you the opportunity to.’ You took hold of your suitcase and turned to leave when a hand grabbed you and made you turn back around roughly.

‘Don’t you get it yet?!’ Yunho demanded, agitation in his voice, ‘I love you!’ You stared at him in awe before tears gathered at your eyes and you fought to hold back from crying. His heart broke at your response.

‘Yes, but for how much longer, Yunho?’

 

 

His self-control shattered and without thinking he pinned you against the wall, kissing you with all the pent up passion of a lover. If he couldn’t make you understand then he would show you. Stupid, inconceivable, wretched woman! You don’t know the hold you have over me!

You kissed him back, consumed by his touch. As much as you wanted to pull away the thought flitted from your mind when Yunho pulled you tighter against him, holding onto you like a lifeline. Your fingers dug into his waist, pulling him closer until every part of your bodies touched. You wanted to be part of him, to be drawn into his arms and stay there.

Yunho’s hand came to cup your face whilst his other hand held the back of your neck. He withdrew, kissing your lips a few more times before he leaned his forehead against yours.

‘I don’t think I ever stopped loving you.’

You gasped lightly as his lips came down on your again, gently this time. His kiss was slow and sensual as he tried to convey all the feelings that couldn’t be said all at once. The tears came fast this time, and Yunho could feel it against his own cheek. He them away lightly with his thumb.

He picked you up without breaking the kiss and carried you to the sofa. His hands brushed down your arm to your thigh and caressed the smooth skin there. Yunho pecked your lips, the corner of your mouth, your cheek your nose and your closed eyes softly as he exposed your neck where the marks he had created a few days ago were fading. He brushed his lips against the skin there tenderly. You shook at his careful touches.

He took his time to explore you as if your body was hiding a treasure he was waiting to discover. He smiled when you became embarrassed and took hold of your wrist to stop you from covering your face. He kissed the palm of your hand bringing himself over you. You couldn’t help but blush when your eyes met his and you felt lost, as if it was your first time all over again.

Except this time it was different. There was never any doubt of the love in Yunho’s eyes the first time, and there wasn’t any doubt now, but there was so much more. His eyes held promises of a future. His lips found yours again, and concentrating on him was all you could do to stop yourself from letting all your own doubts and fears show.

 

 

 

 

You woke up in with Yunho’s arms around you finding comfort and peace in his embrace. The two of you were tucked together on the sofa, fitting together like pieces of a puzzle. Outside, the sun had just started to come up and the horizon was lined with orange, hinting the coming of dawn.

You shuffled and something fell to the rug with a muffled thud. You stilled, careful not to wake Yunho. Peeking over the edge of the sofa, you spotted your phone and your heart sank.

‘Take the job offer, young woman, and leave Yunho.’ Mr. Jung’s struggled breaths echoed through your mind as he asked you one last time.

That morning Yunho woke up to find that you were gone.

 


 

ClassA: I'm sorry this chapter is so short...

I sense that it would be a good place to stop and start

From here on out we'll get to see how our two protagonists dealt with such a breakup

Goodbye for now my beautiful cherubs~!