For You

The Make-Over Game

'Come out!' Yunho insisted. You had been in that damned changing room for almost fifteen minutes now. How long does it take to put on a few pieces of clothing?

'No! Just take it from me, it looks fine. I like the design, okay?'

'We have this argument in every shop! Stop being stubborn and come out,' he demanded.

'Yunho, if you haven't noticed, this is a lingerie store. This room isn't made for modelling the clothing, it's not like wearing a dress and showing off to your friends.'

'Oh, for goodness' sake,' he huffed and turned to the elderly store owner beside him, 'would you please get her?' he mumbled quietly, 'it's not like I'm doing this for my own benefit.'

The woman went behind the curtains as Yunho sat on the sleek black leather chair they had provided. He heard mumbling and reasoning before the old woman came out with a sigh.

'She's stubborn Yunho-sshi, but my measurement are exact.'

'I don't see the point of buying new underwear, it's not like I'll be walking around !' you yelled.

Yunho restrained himself from going inside the changing cubicle. He can still feel the soreness of his cheek after the first store. After you stopped crying, he had noticed that the back of the dress you were trying on was undone. He did not realise he was staring until his longing to touch the smooth skin of your back took over his senses. He could remember your gasp as his fingers met your skin and up, the next moment should have been anticipated. Your palm met his cheek for the second time that day.

'You've bought me enough clothes, do you think it's enjoyable seeing someone else spend their money on me? I'll be paying for these,' you told him as you shuffled around pulling your jeans up and buttoning it. There was no reply. 'Yah, did you leave?' you asked, peeking from behind the curtains as you pulled your shirt down.

Yunho was nowhere in sight and you sighed as you gathered the pairs of lingerie and headed over to the cashier. Pulling your credit card out, the shop assistant spoke sweetly.

'The gentleman has already paid for these, miss,' she informed you, taking the things and putting it in a glossy pink paper bag, 'he said to tell you he'll be next door.'

Disappointment filled you as you put your credit card away and took the bag, Yunho was always one step ahead of you.

'Thank you,' you said bowing and leaving.

 

'Stop doing that!' you snapped at him. He straightened up from examining a pair of shoes and looked at you quizzically.

'Doing what?'

'Paying without my permission,' you told him.

'It's my money, I'll spend it however I want, thanks. Why should you be the one who's complaining?'

'It's not fun spending your money.'

'You've never said anything till now,' he pointed out.

'Well, that's because you're always ahead of me!'

He turned and smiled at you. 'Stop. This is what boyfriends do for their girlfriends. It should be fun for you.'

'But this facade is temporary.'

'Permanent... for the next three weeks,' he corrected, 'if we want to pull this off, we have to act like a real couple. We can't let our guard down one bit.'

You opened your mouth to argue but Yunho had already turned away, picking up the shoes he was examining before and asking your shoe size.

He ordered for every shoes in the same size to be brought to you. You stood defeated as the shop assistant bustled about, delivering boxes before asking you to sit down.

You watched Yunho as he scanned the glass shelves on the opposite wall, displaying handbags and jewellery.

Maybe you were wrong about him. He has changed, either that or you've never noticed how caring he was before. No... it couldn't be that, you couldn't hate Yunho without a reason to... Besides, this whole facade benefitted him as much as you, probably more... Yeah, that's it, he's just using you for publicity. That oppa is still a bad guy.

You rolled your eyes as Yunho turned to you with a grin holding up a pastel pink leather bag that matched with one of your dresses. It was a bit worrying how he knew so much about what goes and what doesn't. You pursed your lip determined not to laugh when he shouldered the strap and strutted, yet you couldn't contain the giggle that escaped you.

The assistant fitted you into a pair of platform pumps, sparkling silver and open toed ready for a red carpet event. She helped you up from the chair you were sitting on asking you to walk in them to see how they fit. Not used to such high platforms you stumbled on your first step, clutching the poor girl's hand tightly. Yunho watched with his arms folded as you practiced walking in heels, commenting on posture.

You tried on a following pair, this time faux suede heeled sandals that decorated cut-outs over your feet. Once again you walked as Yunho watched. You wondered how he never gets bored, but then again he was the one who chose all the clothes.

After a lengthy hour of shopping for accesories in one shop you finally left with a bow from the store assistants.

 

...

 

'Let's go eat,' you invited, surprising yourself as Yunho started the car.

He must've been expecting it as he didn't bother responding but started reversing the car out of its parking. 'Where would you like to eat then dongsaeng?' he asked finally, checking the rear-view mirror.

'Mc Donalds,' you said without hesitation. He looked at you, confused by your choice of restaurant but shrugged anyway. 'Or, where ever you wanna go.'

He cast another glance at you. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine. Why?'

'You're acting weird.'

'No, I'm not.'

He thought about it for a while before looking at you. 'Pizza?'

You nodded and responded, 'Only if I'm paying, ara?'

He grinned and sped up.

 

...

 

You finally managed to unlock your door. Pushing the mound of glossy shopping bags inside the room, you shut the door behind you, exhausted after a long day. Yunho had dropped you off at the private carparking at the side of the building. You had managed to get in with only a few photographers at the front. Putting your slippers on, you padded to your bedroom and into the bathroom, washing your face and cleaning your teeth before changing robotically into comfortable pyjamas and collapsing on the bed.

You fell asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow, dreams slipping in and out of focus like water.

 

...

 

Feeling wide awake the next morning you stood at the doorway between the living room and your bedroom realising the state of your apartment. How did so much paper become that scattered? And did you really leave all those mugs and cups on the tables? Without coasters?

Tying your hair up determinedly, you set out to tackle the mess that was your living room, slightly blushing at the thought that Yunho saw it in this state. Gathering the papers - half of which you were sure you've never seen before - you stacked them in a pile to be sorted out later. Next was the cups. Circling the room with a tray you collecting every empty cup in sight. You gaped as you entered the kitchenette realising how much washing up was to be done. With a sigh, you turned the tap on and began to scrub. By half nine you were ready to return to your living room - still cluttered by random objects - with a vacuum. You sorted and fixed things into the right place as you went around with the vacuum, dusting surfaces momentarily before resuming again. You hummed to the music when you switched the radio on as you passed by it. Finished with the floor, you went to stack the shoes into a neat order by the door, even organising it by occasion and formality.

You entered the bedroom, tutting at the stack of clothes to be hung up and put away. Gathering some hangers, you began to individually hang the clothes, even pleased at the thought that there was room to spare in the vacated wardrobe. Yesterday's shopping spree wasn't hung, instead the bags were carefully stored inside the wardrobe. Stripping the covers of your bed you went to wash the linen and replace your bed covers with the cream silk bed covers that you favoured. You opened the windows then, letting in the cool breeze to replace the stale air and proceeded to sorting out the papers and mails.

You checked the time. 12 o'clock. Leaning back against the island counter of your small kitchen, you admired your work for a moment before tugging at your hair tie to let your hair loose and heading to your washed and sparkling clean bathroom.

 

You switched your hairdryer off as you caught your phone vibrating on the bone white desk.

Master, it read. You laughed. You should've suspected it when Yunho took your phone to enter his number into your contacts yesterday. For a fraction of a second it took you back to your highs school days. You accepted the call.

'Yah, Ahjumma, I've been ringing the doorbell for the last five minutes. Come and open it!'

'Ahjumma?! Forget it, you're staying outside,' you snapped.

'I have food,' he told you as if it was a good enough reason.

'I also have food,' you challenged.

'Well, mine's already cooked, and it's hot. I doubt yours is porridge especially made by the nice old ahjusshi down the road,' he responded.

 

Yunho stood in front of the white door that was your apartment. He smiled and bowed slightly at the elderly woman who came out of her apartment.

'Yah, are you just gonna let me stand here or what?' he demanded back down the line.

At that moment, your door opened to reveal an apartment which was significantly different to the one he witnessed yesterday. Bright sunlight poured through the window as music drifted to his ears. You stood, hair up once again, in a t-shirt and track suit.

He tutted at your get up. 'Don't you know girls should always make an effort for their boyfriends?' he asked, entering the room and setting the hot breakfast on the kitchen counter.

'I didn't know you were coming,' you pointed out with a shrug, 'and you're not really my boyfriend.'

'What happened to playing along? Hurry, go change and I'll serve breakfast.' He nudged you towards your bedroom, closing the doors behind you. It didn't help that you had glass walls between the bedroom and living room, so you took your clothes into the walk-in wardrobe beside the bathroom.

'What happened to the clothes I bought you yesterday?' he asked, his voice hinting disappointment as you came out wearing shorts and a white cotton top that you've tied at the back.

'Err... I just thought strapless gowns and dresses are a bit over the top for wearing around the house.'

'Hmph,' he mumbled and resumed to serving the food. 'Jjang!' he said with a flourish. 'Chicken and sweetcorn, and vegetable porridge with a side portion of poached eggs and toasted bread.'

'How do I know you haven't poisoned it?' you teased.

'Here.' He handed you a silver spoon, complete with a bow around the handle. You scooped some of the porridge into your bowl and tasted it. 'Mashida,' you approved. Yunho grinned and began eating as well.

'Have you seen the news?' he asked. You shook your head and he sighed. 'You should turn the news on once in a while, it's good for you.' He paused. 'They're beginning to notice. The press wants an interview...'

'And?' you inquired.

'It's not the right time. They'll just assume we're seeing each other out of spite.'

You nodded and carried on eating waiting for him to explain, nodding in acknowledgement at some of his opinions and mumbling some of yours.

'I wanted to say, you'll probably need to move in with me soon,' he said.

You choked on your porridge. Forcibly swallowing it, you were coughing as you tried to ask why. He handed you a glass of water.

'It's just for confirmation. I was thinking at the end of this week, or the start of next week. It'll make it a lot more convincing.'

'But what's the point when it's only going to last for two weeks after that?' you asked through a sore throat.

'It makes this whole thing more convincing.'

'How can you say that so casually? It makes everything that much more complicated.'

'Why? I don't see any wrong in it.'

'Well, why can't you move in here?'

'My apartment's bigger,' he grinned.

You rolled your eyes. 'Alright, Mr. Bigshot-I-have-a-bigger-apartment-and-a-bigger-head,' you chanted childishly.

'Hey, I'm just saying,' he defended, 'Anyway, where are you taking me today?'

You cast a glance at him as you gathered bowls and began to wash up. 'Nowhere, you can go, I'm staying here.'

'You ungrateful little-' he began, advancing on you, 'After I bought you breakfast and served you.'

'I didn't ask you to,' you replied innocently.

'Yah,' he cooed softly, he wrapped his arms around your waist, 'let's go see Jaejoongie.' You had frozen in place, your hands held under the tap of cold running water.

'Y-yah... oppa, get off!' He nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck. 'Yah!' you yelled, nudging your head to the side so it hit his and elbowing him in the stomach. He pulled away, laughing. You grinned as you wiped cold water and soap on his face. Your hands were freezing and he jumped away at the touch. 'Mehrong. Never do that again unless you want your balls cut off.'

'Aish, this kid,' he grumbled as he wiped his face and warmed it up with his palms. 'Do you know you're like a reptile? Coldblooded,' he explained, 'how can a girl be so violent?'

You made a face at him and resumed to rinsing your bowls. You handed him a bowl forcefully.

'Dry,' you instructed.

'Neh, ahjumma. I'll do it well.'

'Where does Jaejoong oppa live?' you asked grinning.

'Tch, you're always trying to get rid of me but you run to Jaejoong at the slightest mention. Do you still have crush on him?' he interrogated.

'Hmph, so what if I do? Jealous?' you teased.

'You. Wish.'

 

 

Aha :') I'm on a roll...

This is nothing short of a miracle updating two days in a row :')

How was it? No depressing part here ^^ sort of ;)

Comment and subscribe?

Because commenters and subscribers are the best! ^^

 

Annyeong!