Misunderstandings

The Make-Over Game

After watching a highly amusing prediction of Yunho's upcoming misfortunes, and a very inaccurate reading of his life, your mood had lifted and you even bought a necklace. It's silver chain and glimmering diamonds caught your eye. It didn't come alone however. It's other half sparkled in black diamonds.

Yunho, noticing the sparkle in your eye, quickly purchased one half. Not about to be beaten, you bought the other, throwing the long chains over each other's necks. The Yin and Yang necklace fitted perfectly together.

The paparazzi still followed you around, deciding to give them what they came for, you stood on your tip toes, your hands on Yunho's shoulder.

You were reading his eyes. His eyes who knew perfectly well that there were people following the two of you around. The elated feeling in your stomach slowly disappared as you closed your eyes and pecked him, only slightly at the corner of his lips. From the shadows, cameras clicked wildly, sparking bright lights with their flash that some people turned to look, Yunho turned his head, kissing you back. You pulled back quickly smiling slightly. Yunho turned to look at the camera, his face suddenly serious. Without a word he took your hands and lead you back to the car.

You cleared your throat and started the engine. Yunho seemed to be thinking hard, his brows were furrowed and he didn't look your way when you asked him if he was okay.

 

 

The maitre'd lead you to a secluded table in the restaurant inside the Marriot. You sat on the sleek leather chair that Yunho had pulled out and told him you're paying. It took the effect you wanted.

'Yah!' Yunho snapped from his tranced state. He was oddly quiet after the incident earlier, now he glared at you, threatening to order everything on the menu if that meant it'll stop you paying. 'I'm insulted,' he pouted.

'Wae?' you laughed.

'My pride's tainted. Stop trying to be the man. Credit to you for asking me to dinner, but I'm not letting you pay.'

'Yes, sir,' you grinned, giving him a mini salute.

The two of you ate, even finding space for dessert in your full stomach. Making the mistake of asking the waiter for the night's special dessert, you and Yunho now shared some home made icecream topped with pieces of meringue and fruits. 'Specially for couples,' as the waiter had described it. Yunho's mood had increasingly improved as he stole the meringue piece off your spoon with a laugh.

'Hey!' you grinned.

Yunho made to put it into his mouth but offered it to you in the end.

'I don't want,' you told him, shaking your head.

He pouted, offended. 'Wae? There's nothing wrong with it,' he said, examining the sugary dessert. He looked at you, pulling a face of joking dislike. 'It's not like my mouth's coated in poison.'

'Yunho...'

'Tch, and we've shared more than spoons before.'

The sudden reminder made you stop. The icecream on the end of the spoon dripped onto the table before you had snapped out of the  past. Yunho was looking at you curiously.

'Yah, Ahjumma,' he called, waving a hand infront of you. He had decided to eat the icecream instead asking if you were okay.

'I'm... fine. Hey! I want some of that!'

 

Carrying the snacks Yunho had brougt from the festival, you stumbled into your apartment once again.

You didn't see Yunho the next day, nor did you hear from him since he didn't call. Not that you expected him to. It was a typical behaviour you had gotten accustomed to many years ago. Instead you had begun project pieces as you were back to work the next day. You had phone calls to make, the studio to check upon and your cameras needed cleaning. At around noon someone knocked on the door whilst you were painting. You opened it with great difficulty using your elbows as your hands were covered in gold acrylic. Your neighbour from a floor below appeared apologetic looking. She had a washbag in one hand, a towel over her shoulder.

'Unnie,' she began, her tone pleading, 'our shower just broke and I have a lecture this afternoon. Could we borrow your bathroom?'

You giggled. 'Sure, Sulli.' You stepped aside, 'Er, just come in. My hands are kinda paint covered right now.'

Sulli came in discreetly. 'Thanks, Unnie. Minho might come up in a bit. He had practice since five this morning, he just got back,' the younger informed you as she disappeared behind the bathroom door.

'Sure,' you replied distractedly, eyeing your painting. It seemed to have too much gold now. Without thinking, you put your hands on your waist, nearly slapping your forehead as you stained your shorts permanently with acrylic paint. Washing your hands, you gave up on the painting and resorted instead to surfing the net. Your homepage loaded. Seventeen Magazine's Offical site. You logged in to find 5 new mails from your editor. Cringing you opened one, anticipating her letter of warnings and unauthorized absences.

You were then shocked to find that not one of her e-mails contained any indication of unprofessional actions by you. She had been ecstatic to find you on the front cover of her morning's business magazine. You were a little bemused when you found her even asking to do some small segments in the magazine. Her last mail demanded why you haven't replied back. Your eyed widened when you read her last line.

You and Yunho were so cute last night, those papz certainly got some good ones ;)

Your team said you'll be back tomorrow? Great! I want to see you as soon as soon as you're in!

Annyeong~

You sighed. This can't be good.

 

 

The next day you woke up early to pack your camera and portfolio, and squeeze in a bit of painting before going to work.

You zipped up your portfolio folder and pulled it off the table just as a topless Minho came out of your bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. You sighed.

'Minho-ah, put a shirt on.' Your doorbell sounded.

'Mianh, noona. I accidently dropped my shirt in the bathtub and now it's all wet.' He came out of your room, waiting by the kitchenette.

Pulling your door open, you were surprised to find Yunho standing infront of you, back in a navy suit. His smile faded when his eyes darted to a topless, wet-haired Minho standing by your kitchen.

Immediately, you watched his eyes darken. His once smiling eyes were now narrowed at you.

'It's not what you think,' you said at once. You mentally slapped your face. Isn't that what cheating girlfriends say to their boyfriends when they're caught cheating?

'Omo... Noona, is this the guy everyone's been talking about then? You must be...' Minho finally pulled his shirt on, and bravely stepped forward.

'Her boyfriend,' Yunho hissed menacingly, 'and who are you?'

Your eyes widened when Minho did the unthinkable and actually stood very close next to you, facing Yunho, who was only an inch taller than him.

'Choi Minho. I live downstairs with my girlfriend, Sulli.'

You restrained a sigh a of relief when Yunho's eyes filled with understanding.

'Jung Yunho,' Yunho introduced, unable to drop the formality.

'Nice to meet you. I have to go. I have practice in a bit.' The younger shuffled past Yunho out into to the hallway. 'Thanks for letting us use your shower, don't worry. Ours will be fixed soon... Mianh,' he mouthed the last bit behind Yunho's back and gave a quick wave before heading towards the stairs.

You stepped aside to let Yunho in. His face had not resumed smiling and instead avoided looking at you. You could make out a slight pout on his chin.

You smiled.

'What brings you here?' you asked, voice chirping.

'I was gonna drop you off to work as a surprise. I guess you'll be able to manage.' He shifted back to the door.

'Wait - wait!' you exclaimed, blocking him, a laugh escaping your lips. He narrowed his eyes at you again. 'Please do... Take me to work, I mean. My boss wants to meet you.'

'He better not be a guy,' he mumbled.

You grinned. 'She's a woman. Wae? Are you jealous?'

'No,' he said quickly, 'Why should I be?'

'Right... Because you aren't my real boyfriend anyway, right?' Bitterness lined your voice as you went to grab your portfolio, 'and I'm not really your girlfriend.'

'Right.' Yunho nodded once, looking away.

Right... Now that's cleared up. But why was there a horrible welling of negative emotions inside you? Why were you wishing Yunho had said 'wrong' instead, as you had hoped he would?

 

Hey guys,

New, short update

Mianh >_< I've been away for the past few days

Went to London for my birthday...

Losing ourselves in Picadilly Circus with my sister :')

Anyway... Babbling...

But don't worry... I'll be updating more often from now on

:')

Excuse the grammatical errors :')

 

Annyeong~