Out Tonight

The Make-Over Game

Yunho lazily followed the tug of Ty's leash as the dog determinedly made for the park across the road. In one hand, he clutched the Seventeen magazine you had taken out of your bag that morning. With a sigh, the man sat on in the shade of an old oak at the edge of the park. Ty had ran off as soon as his collar was unleashed. The small kids had immediately gathered to pet the dog who seemed to be enjoying the attention.

Lying down in the shade, Yunho grumbled to himself. How annoying. Instead of being out on a date on his day off, he's at a park babysitting a pup and reading an article in a teenage magazine. Cursing you silently under his breath, he opened the magazine again and continued reading from where he had left off before he was interrupted by the housekeeper.

He had noticed the title at the front of the magazine, intrigued to find that you had been interviewed about him, Yunho wondered why you didn't say anything.

 

[-Yunho is... kind, and a gentleman. As well as successful and renown. I guess the latter can be said for Taecyeon but he's lacking in comparison. ]

 

Yunho grinned. Mentally applauding your interview improvisation skills. Passing parents eyed him suspiciously and steered their kid away from him. Yunho cleared his throat and sat up, folding the papers back so the magazine cover wouldn't be too obvious, although the make-up tutorial on the next page didn't help.

 

[-How are things between you and Yunho now?

-Now ?Now, I feel like I've found a very important part of my past. Yunho had changed when I met him again, but now I'm starting to see the same guy I knew from highschool and we treat each other very well, I think. He's there when I need him, and hopefully, he knows that I'll be here when he needs me.]

 

Something inside Yunho stirred. Guilt. Most of the time Yunho tried to be selfless, but on occasion his selfishness was beyond forgiveness. Maybe he had gone too far again this time around. He did need you, but how much has he given you what you need without deluding himself?

 

[-It hasn't been that long since Yunho broke up with his ex-fiançée, Yuna, and people doubt your relationship. What do you think about that?

-As far as I'm concerned, Yuna gets what she wants from Taecyeon. I love Yunho and I need to trust him.]

 

Yunho read and re-read the last line over and over again until the words sunk in. Just how much of what you said were true? What on earth had possessed you to say something like that? With another long sigh, Yunho stood up. An urge to call you and demand an explanation surfaced but he kept his hand from pulling out the phone from his pocket. He whistled for Ty, the dog came running over to the disappointed groan of the kids.  What would you be doing now?

The two returned to the building only to get into the car. Yunho drove until he arrived at the town centre.

 

 

Your Aunt greeted you as soon as you closed the gate to their front garden. The woman had come running out and pulled you into an embrace.

'Aigoo, we haven't seen you in a while! You've changed, oh no, did you lose weight? Come in, I'm preparing dinner.'

'Hello, Uncle,' you greeted the elder man who waited patiently at the door.

'Did you come alone?' he asked, though it was clear you were the only who had gotten out of the car.

'Who else would I come with?' you asked, sitting with him the in the living room whilst your aunt went to fetch something to drink.

'I half expected that young man to be with you,' he said.

'What young man?' you asked, confused.

'Well, I guess he's hardly young anymore. You know, that young man we met once when we came to visit your parents. We saw him yesterday at the grave too.'

'Yunho?' you almost choked.

'That's it!' your Uncle exclaimed, 'he seemed pretty polite when we met him.'

'Was he with anyone when you saw him?' you couldn't help but ask. Maybe they saw Yuna?

'Anni, he said he was only dropping by on the way to meet a friend? Wae?'

'No, nothing,' you quickly replied, feeling relieved. 'How have you been, Uncle?' you asked.

'So-so. The season for harvesting is over so your Aunt and I are thinking of going to France for a week or two.'

'Oh, wonderful. She's always wanted to go there.'

'She'll be painting the whole time. You know how she is with art.'

You smiled just as your Aunt came in carrying a tray of drinks and snacks.

'Don't listen to him. It's not like he'll be able to walk to places with that leg of his. The doctor recommended a surgery but he's refusing it, instead he wants to spend it on a holiday!'

Your jaw dropped. 'Uncle, why?'

The man sighed, 'I told you not to worry about it. I haven't got long anyway, we might as well spend the money making beautiful memories and enjoying life. That's why I hope you come here more often. And bring that young man with you,' your Uncle beamed.

Something inside you ached. You felt awful for not visiting more often. Your Aunt and Uncle had never had any kids of their own to look after them. You were the closest thing they had to a daughter, even more so after the death of your parents. With a renewed vow to visit them more frequently you nodded. Bring Yunho? Your Uncle was still speaking as your thoughts wandered back to his familiar voice.

'I do hope you would get married soon. You're already twenty-four, it would be awful to leave you in this world by yourself.'

It took a while for what he said to sink in, and when it did fear and anger flooded you. 'Why are you saying that? Uncle, you're still young. You and Aunty still have a lot of years left. And I won't get married yet. I still have a lot of things I want to do and to look after you,' you told them. The old couple exchanged looks and smiled. 'You're having that knee surgery done after you come back.'

After dinner, you bid a brief goodbye and promised to see them soon before heading back to the city. You drove past the rose garden you and Yunho had visited in what seemed like years ago. With a sigh, you exited the country lanes to the main road, pushing all thoughts aside.

 

 

Yunho arrived back at the apartment by two. The mess in his bedroom had been cleared up, and he wondered what the housekeeper might have thought when clearing all the feathers. He had assumed that you might have at least come home for lunch but he ended up ordering pizza to be delivered to his floor.

'I would have thought you'd be more productive than this,' Jaejoong voiced when he came in that afternoon.

'Well, I'm stuck with a featherbrained pup who eats just about every hour, that chick's gone out with a couple of friends of hers, and I'm left with a hang over from last night.'

'You were drinking with-?

'I was drinking by myself.'

'You mean to say, you have a girlfriend who you don't do anything with?' Jaejoong concluded.

Yunho swallowed down the coke he was drinking before he could choke on it. 'Our relationship isn't like that,' he explained.

'I realise. So, what is your relationship exactly?' Jaejoong insisted, setting up the pool table and handing Yunho a cue stick.

'It's... a mutual agreement,' Yunho replied after careful contemplation.

'Are we talking about the same girl here? What on earth would possess her to agree to a mutual, passionless relationship with you?' After what you've done, Jaejoong wanted to add.

Yunho scowled at his friend. 'You know, I'm starting to regret inviting you over.'

Jaejoong chuckled, and bent over to aim at the cue ball. He broke the set and moved aside to let Yunho take a turn. 'Frankly, I'm quite surprised you've taken a day off.'

'We've just finished on the recent film so everyone's taking two weeks off before we start preparing for a new drama.'

Jaejoong only nodded, and the two continued to play until every ball had been pocketed. The last two slices of cold pizza had been salvaged by Ty and dragged underneath the table.

After one more round and a lot of talking, Jaejoong was ready to leave.

'I'm supposed to have dinner with one of the corporate representatives from our chain in Japan,' he explained, checking his watch.

He turned to Yunho before he entered the lift, eyes suddenly serious.

'I meant what I said, Yunho. If she as so much spills a tear over you, I won't let you close to her ever again. We both had our chances, if she comes crying to me, I won't let her go,' Jaejoong said to his friend, not unkindly, but a promise.

Yunho looked at his friend for a long time. 'I've no intention of giving her a reason to go crying to you, Jae.'

Jaejoong smiled. 'I'll be going then.' With a brief hug, Jaejoong stepped onto the elevator.

 

 

You hummed as the elevator carried you up. It had been a fun night. Maybe you had a little bit too much to drink, along with the others but it felt good to just let loose for a while. You could barely remember how you got back though, even in the elevator you had your eyes closed, humming to yourself like a crazy person. The bell chimed signaling you had arrived at the top floor. Stumbling out, you waited for any sign of life. You attempted to carefully make your way to the living room so you could lie down on the chair only to hit your waist on the pool table. With a muffled curse you bit your lip and bravely searched in the darkness for the feel of the leather sofa in the next room.

You found the sofa, but something was already on it. Leaning over to examine what it was you couldn't be too sure in the dark. You clambered over, your feet and legs hitting something bumpy.

 

Yunho frowned in his sleep. Something heavy was sitting on his navel and pinning him down. His eyes blinked open. He held back a scream as a dark figure loomed over him, her long hair curtained her face on one side. He stared, he wasn't dreaming. The feel of her hands pinning him down by the shoulders were very real. He stared into eyes that reflected the very little amount of light coming through the windows.

 

'Yunho-ah,' you started, voice breaking. Your breath tickling his face. You were kneeling over him, his fingers felt your knees on either side of his waist.

Yunho sat up suddenly, and you moved back, sitting on his lap.

'Y-you're back. Y-you surprised me', he stammered, conscious of his body reacting to the feel of your weight on top of his thighs.

You yawned. 'Yunho-ah, it's too hot in here,' you complained, tugging at your shirt. You began to your blouse before a pair of hands stopped you.

'You're drunk,' Yunho realised.

You giggled. 'Just a little bit.' A hiccuped escaped you.

'Aish,' he groaned frustratedly, scratching his head. You pouted seeing him mad. Surprised to see you tear up Yunho spoke quickly, 'what were you doing leaning over me anyway?'

'Hm? Oh, I just thought you look very handsome when you're asleep,' you admitted truthfully, smiling shyly at him.

Yunho stared, his heart beating oddly. Your smile had taken him by surprise, as well as your truthfulness. He moved his eyes down only to find a bead of sweat dripping down your exposed collar bones. Heat coursed through him.

You blinked, waiting for a reply when you felt something against your inner thigh. Looking down, you giggled finding a tent had formed against Yunho's pyjama bottoms.

'Uh...' Quickly picking you up and moving you off of him, Yunho stood up. 'You should go to bed.'

'Neh,' you mumbled obediently, straightening your legs and standing up. The movement made your head spin and your knees weak, you stumbled hitting your shin on the coffee table. You groaned in pain, rubbing your leg, before you smacked your hand on the same table.

Yunho couldn't bear to watch any longer. Taking a hold of your shoulder, he steered you to the right direction. You craned your neck to look up at him, your heart beginning to race.

'Were you waiting for me?' you mumbled, stopping as your head spun again. You leaned onto the pool table, clutching your head.

It took a while before Yunho answered. 'Of course I was, you pabo. Do you know how worried I was?!' he chided, folding his arms.

You smiled before reaching up and unfolding his arms, 'Then why didn't you call? I would've picked up,' you told him, standing on tip-toes. Your hands found his shoulders. 'If it's Yunho, I'll always answer.'

Yunho stood frozen as your husky words were followed by kisses. First on his lips, then to his cheek, before it trailed down past his jawline to his neck. Yunho swallowed nervously. In the next moment, Yunho's control was broken as your whisper brushed his ear.

​'Love me.'

 

In the spur of a moment you had been lifted up onto the pool table as Yunho leaned over you, his hands greedily making its way up your leg beneath the skirt, the other already the smooth skin at your waist and on your back. His lips were on yours, hungrily exploring your mouth as his tongue dominated and searched for new flavours. You welcomed his touch with a content sigh, pulling him closer against you, raking your hand through his hair, your other hand desperately clutching onto him. He circles on your inner thigh whilst his teeth sunk into the sensitive flesh at your neck, you groaned but this seemed to fuel him on.

The moment lasted sooner than you had hoped before Yunho groaned and swept you up into his arms and carried you to his room, your lips never leaving his neck the whole time. Once inside, with one swift movement your skirt was off and your blouse ed revealing a pair of lingerie that Yunho had bought for you. He moaned, his eyes feasting on your body. The two of you fell back onto the fresh, soft covers of the bed.

I love Yunho, and I need to trust him.

The words he had read earlier had come before he could stop them. Closing his eyes and choosing to ignore it, he indulged in your sweet taste, pleased when you pulled him closer.

 

With a sigh and all of his willpower he pulled back, breaking the kiss, it didn't help that you moaned in protest.

'I'll be right back,' he mumbled. Yunho made his way to the bathroom, splashing his face with cold water and looking at himself in the mirror. He couldn't take advantage of you. Not when you're drunk and not in the right state of mind. He tugged at his hair, uttering a curse.

To his relief he came back to find that you had fallen asleep. His body heated all over just seeing your bare legs along with the blouse that had been ripped open revealing a taut stomach and your covered chest. The temptation was so great he had to grit his teeth as he picked you up, feeling the smooth clear skin, and placed you more comfortably beneath the covers.

'God, you should be thankful,' Yunho mumbled under his breath as he made his way onto the other side of the bed. Stripping his shirt off, he slid under the covers, pulling you into his embrace and closing his eyes.

 

 

...(_ _)...

^

*broken mentality*