One Summer's Day

The Make-Over Game

Sorry to keep you waiting :')

I've been lazy and yeah...

 

'I see you've cleaned up then?' Yunho asked, putting the bowls away and turning to lean on the counter. He examined your clean living room.

'What are you talking about? It's always clean,' you feigned, 'if you were talking about the slight mess yesterday, it isn't normally like that. I've just had other things on my mind.'

Yunho watched you curiously. 'You're interesting, you know that?'

'Psh, if that's your way of telling me I'm weird, take a look at yourself... you've been acting weird since we met.'

Yunho shrugged. 'Trying to get over a chick does that to you.'

You watched him for a while before edging away. 'You're still hung up on her, huh?' you asked.

Yunho watched the floor, a slight frown interrupting his features. 'I don't what over but I am... I guess.'

The sound of your phone vibrating on the island counter's top interrupted the silence. You reached over and took the phone, glancing at Yunho before answering the caller.

 

Yunho stood still quite taken aback. He blinked when he heard the door to your room click open gently and you went inside.

'Yeobosaeyo?' He heard you say, 'Oh, oppa! I'm fine, thanks for calling... Oh, are they there too?... Hi! Yeah, I'm fine, I'll be  in work soon. Sorry I haven't really... yeah... thanks for understanding.' Yunho watched you through the glass walls of your bedroom as you skillfully gathered items and placed them into a purse, before trapping the phone between your shoulder  and ear as you tied the laces of your white wedge sandals together. 'Yeah, then I'll see you Thursday. Neh. Annyeong!'

Pocketing your phone, you exited the room and grinned at Yunho.

'Ready?'

'That was my question,' he replied with a small smile.

'I'm driving,' you  grinned, holding up your car keys. You marched him out of your apartment before closing the door behind you.

'So... where are you taking me today?' he asked, as you pressed the elevator button to go down.

'Hm... I don't know yet. Maybe I'll kidnap you,' you teased.

'Aha, I wouldn't mind that,' he chuckled.

'Thanks for the shoes, by the way,' you said, remembering that you had planned to wear them. You kicked your foot out slightly, showing him your laced wedges.

'At least you're wearing them,' he mumbled.

 

'Y-Yah!' Slown down!' he yelled, bracing himself against the back of the car seat. 'Are you trying to get us killed?!'

You laughed and sped up. You had exited the junction, there were too many cars for a relaxing drive but it was the only road you could drive at full speed. You turned into a discreet road bordered by tall grass.

'You really are trying to kidnap me!' he gasped in disbelief as you slowed down and coasted the smooth road.

You turned to him with a grin. 'Don't worry, I won't do anything bad,' you grinned mischievously.

'I don't trust you,' he said immediately, 'anyone who drives like a maniac is definitely a maniac.'

'Call it revenge,' you told him offhandedly, 'for bullying me through highschool.' You turned into another road, this one unpaved, bordered by a crumbling stone wall.

He scowled. 'I didn't think you were the type to hold grudges.'

'I'm not... you, however, are an exception,' you pointed out. You stopped the car on top of a bank, flattening the knee high grass underneath.

'What's this? Are you gonna kill me now?' he asked wide eyed.

You raised a hand as if to slap him, 'Can you shut your mouth for one second.' You got out of the car quickly and walked to the edge of the bank. He followed after you.

'Uwah!' he gasped as the cool shimmer of a river came into view. However, that wasn't it. At the bottom of the bank a pair of trees grew providing the only shade unless counted the untamed rose garden that grew around it. 'Y-yah, are we allowed here?' he asked.

'Of course we are,' you assured, heading down the bank, 'see that bank across the river?' you asked, pointing at the other side to the rows of strawberry bushes that grew there, 'my uncle's the owner.'

Yunho followed after you. He watched you through suspicious eyes. 'You never mentioned an uncle before.'

'Of course I haven't. Why would you need to know these things? How do you think I survived through the rest of highschool after my parents passed away?'

Yunho's eyes widened. He had never thought about it before. You entered the garden. However untamed and messy it looked, it still had an air of elegance. It must have been quite magical in it's days, not to say it wasn't now.

'I guess Uncle still comes to visit,' you mumbled as you examined the strawberry bushes that hung deliciously red fruits. 'That's a relief, we don't need to cross to the other side to get strawberries now,' you chimed, looking up at him.

'You were gonna make us cross the river to get a bunch of strawberries?' he asked, raising an eyebrow.

'There are stepping stones, pabo,' you laughed, standing up and hitting his head with a finger. 'Pretty, right?' You pointed to the rocks and boulders that began the rapids.

Yunho gaped.

'Oh, man up Yunho. Don't tell me you'd be scared crossing that,' you said, taking your jacket off.

'Anni, only the fact that you could easily slip and crack your head.'

You laughed and pulled him down, placing the jacket on your lap, you began to pick the strawberrries. 'Just shut up and pick,' you commanded.

He did so, placing the strawberries on your jacket carefully. Over head the sun beamed, and not long after you started, beads of sweat had already formed at the back of your necks.

'C'mon, let's wash these.'

'How?'

You walked over to the little spring that as one of the river's source.

After you and Yunho had carried the berries to the shade of the trees you ran back to your car and pulled out a small blanket you kept in the trunk. You returned to find Yunho leaning against the root of one of the trees, his arms behind his head, his eyes closed peacefully. He opened them when you arrived, spreading the blanket on the cool grass and pulling the berries towards you. Yunho moved so that he was sitting on the blanket as well.

'I normally came here during the summer when we were in highschool. My Uncle used to tend the gardens here so neatly before, but he stopped after my parents passed away. Instead he grew the strawberries since he knew I loved to eat them. Before, we used to cross those rocks to gather the strawberries on the other side.'

Yunho listened, watching the river shimmer, following it with his eyes to the boulders not far away. The river was quite shallow there, the bed covered with sand and pebbles.

'I haven't been here since...' You laughed and looked a the ground, 'I can't even remember... By the way, you're definitely not allowed to take anyone here, ara?' you instructed him.

'Why would I? I bet your uncle's just as scary as your dad.'

'That's right! So don't even think about it. This is my favourite place in the world, I don't even know why I took you here.' You lay on your back, staring at the dancing leaves above.

Yunho couldn't help the little smile that crept on his lips. He managed to cover it by popping a strawberry in his mouth.

'What river is this?' he asked you after a while, leaning back on his hands.

'Don't you know? This is the Han river,' you informed him, 'just further up. All great things begin somewhere at some point,' you mumbled, closing your eyes and throwing your hands over your head.

'Then how far are we from Seoul?'

'Only thirty minutes, wae? Did you need to go somewhere?' you asked peeking an eye open.

'Not really,' he said, lying next to you, 'why do you ask?'

'You look like you're about to go to a meeting,' you giggled.

He pouted and examined his outfit. A navy suit, and white shirt. His brogues. 'I attend meetings more often lately. Grandad's passed Producer title to me.'

'But... you're not attending a meeting today, are you?' you asked, looking at him.

'I'm not. Force of habit, I guess.'

'Tch, you never wore our school uniform right, and now you're wearing suits out of habit? You're odd.' You closed your eyes and relaxed again. 'You sure have changed, oppa.'

Yunho rolled his eyes. He picked up another strawberry and grinned. 'Are you sleeping?' he asked. 'Yah.' No answer. Yunho dropped on his back too and watched the sparkling lights that glimmered through the leaves above him. He heaved a sigh. He has never just sat doing nothing like this before. He pulled his phone out to play a game before noticing how low the battery was. With an agitated sigh he put his phone back in his jacket.

He turned to you. Eyes closed, your head resting on one arm, Yunho studied your features carefully. Smirking, he noted that his eyelashes must be longer than yours. His eyes traveled over your cheekbones, a slight pink blush on it. His eyes found your lips, deliciously plump and slightly stained with the juice of the strawberries you'd eaten. He had the sudden urge to taste them, but he averted his eyes to your ears instead. You had your earrings in but a mark was left where your second piercing had closed up.

'You're gonna burn a hole through my face if you stare any more,' you mumbled. Yunho moved back, surprised. Smiling amusedly, you peeked an eye open and looked at him. 'I could hear your breathing next to my ear.'

Yunho grinned, propping himself up on one elbow to look down on you. 'Really? Then did you hear my mind working overtime?'

You looked at him, confused, before you could say anything, Yunho had crashed his lips onto yours. Exploring your mouth with much need, and urgency. The taste of the strawberry very distinct and even sweeter coming from you. He pulled his tongue back before you could bite it, a habit you've developed since the first time he's kissed you. He began instead to nibble on your bottom lip. He was anticipating the slap that was about to come his way and when none came he pulled back, confused.

You blinked. You had let him carry on. Was it wrong that you wanted more? That you missed the feel of his lips?

Yunho watched you, his confusion intensifying even more with every passing second. You lay panting by the way your chest rose and fell, your lips slightly swolen and glistening with saliva. It was even more red.

'Did I hurt you?' he asked. You sat up, dizzily, as blood rushed to your head. 'Are you okay?' he asked, worriedly.

You opened your eyes. 'Tsk, you bad guy! Who told you to kiss me?!' you began to slap every part of him that you could reach. Moving, you kicked him on the knee before locking your arm around his neck. 'JunhgYunho, you ert! Do you wanna die?! Do that again and you won't live to see your film's premiere.'

'Y-ah! C-can't... breathe!' you loosened your arm around him and glared. He watched as you sat back. He massaged his neck. 'Oh, thank God, I thought you'd lost your mind for a minute there. What happened? Your reaction time is normally longer than that.'

'You masochistic basta-'

'Language, yeobo,' he tutted.

'Who's your yeobo?!' you yelled. Grabbing your jacket, you got up and marched to the car.

'Mianh! Yah, don't leave me here!' He grabbed the blanket you both lay on and ran after you.

You gripped the steering wheel and glared ahead.

'Yah, mianh, mianh. I won't do it again without your permission!' Yunho tried to appease, rubbing his palms together in a pleading manner. You threw him another glare. 'Hey, I can't promise I'm never going to kiss you again, that's impossible.'

 

Whew! -_-' Another chapter!

Yay? Sorry it took so long guys... Ha

Please, don't kill me \o/

I don't know how long it'll be until I update again >_<

I feel really sorry for my other fanfics

I haven't updated recently :(

 

Anyhow, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter

I worked really hard ^^ I re-wrote it three times! TT_TT

Writer's block is no easy sh*t :')

 

Anyways, till next time

Annyeong ^^