The Beginning

The Make-Over Game

You heard the front door of your apartment door click shut from the kitchen where you were stirring the kimchi.

'Hey, yeobo, how was... work?' You faltered when Taecyeon appeared, exhausted and wearing a frown. You stood at the entrance to your living room watching as he dragged himself to the couch where he dropped onto his back and pinched the bridge of his nose.

'Hm,' was his reply.

You smiled. 'Hey, I made some kimchi, you must be hungry. I'll go get you some food,' you said, turning to leave.

'No.'

You stopped and turned around, confused by his objection.

'No, I need to talk to you.'

'O-okay,' you muttered and slowly edged to a chair, sitting down opposite him. He hauled himself up to a sitting position, his elbows perched on his knees as he fidgeted with his hands.

'We've been together for... what?- three years, right?' You nodded. 'And...' he sighed, running a hand through his hair frustratedly. 'I just feel... like...' He caught a breath again. So did you.

'Taecyeon...' you began, 'please... I...' you stopped too, thinking. You what? What could you say to make him stay? You knew your relationship was turning into shambles the last few months, but you thought it would get better... it had to. Taecyeon was the only thing you had left. The fear of losing him was too much to bear on its own without having to think what you would do when he's gone.

'I'm with someone else,' he blurted out.

In that moment everything seemed to have stopped. Everything. Your breath had been knocked out of you, the tears that had gathered at your eyes threatened to fall and you had frozen in shock. You opened your mouth to say something, anything. You blinked and the liquid from your eyes dropped onto your jeans.

You weren't about to lose him, you already have.

'Her name is Yuna, we've been together for months now and I... You and I... died a long time ago. I thought it would get better and it didn't. With your job and my schedule... It was bound to become like this,' he tried to reason. 'I'm sorry.'

 

By the next morning he was gone. Out of your life yet still every little thing you saw in your apartment reminded you of him. His wardrobe was empty where he had taken all his belongings, his toiletries left spaces on the countertop in the bathroom, your side table had been cleaned out. With everything else, he seemed to have taken a part of your too.

 

~x~

 

You left the phone ring - it was bound to silence in a minute - and continued to stare at nothing in particular. If you picked it up, the chances of it being one of your worried friends or co-workers were slim to none. It had already been weeks since your break-up and your friends had gotten tired of your moping, deciding it was better to leave your stubborn behind alone. You were adamant on denying their request to go out and socialize.

Your doorbell rang, and just like your phone, you decided to ignore it.

Ding dong.

You ignored it again.

The alarm went off for the third time... still, you did not budge from hugging your knees and staring blankly ahead.

You frowned when a series of ringing filled the room, suggesting someone abusing your doorbell. You huffed and jumped off the couch, tossing your blanket aside in annoyance. Not bothering to fix your hair, or check who the caller was, you yanked the door open.

It took a few seconds before your eyes adjusted to the tall handsome male standing at your door. Your frowning eyebrows snapped even lower when you realised who it was.

'Long time no see, my little fox,' the guy mumbled before bending down and pressing his lips to yours.

The feel of his contact shocked you into frozen state, one hand on the door handle , the other gripping the frame. His lips roamed over yours, and before your realised it his gentle kiss had coaxed your mouth open to let him in.

Realization hit you after your right hand had landed on his left cheek.

'Yah!' you yelled, aiming a kick at his shin. He dodged it instinctively, catching your fist before it landed on his chest. All the while, he was chuckling.

'You still taste the same, baby girl,' he said somewhat fondly, dabbing the corner of his mouth with his thumb. He slipped past you into your apartment before freeing your hand from his grip.

'What the hell do you think you're doing right now!? Get out of my house!' you yelled at him grabbing the back of his jacket and pulling. He let the jacket slip off him before sitting on the chair oposite the sofa you sat on earlier. 'Yah! You think you can come here, molest me and trespass?! Jung Yunho, get out of my house before I shred you to mince meat,' you threatened.

Your head was swimming full of questions, flooding memories and anger. You threw the jacket on the floor and stomped infront of him, fighting the urge to jump on him and begin strangling his neck.

'Get out, I'm not in the mood for visitors, and certainly not you. You think you can just barge into my life after six years and begin giving me hell again? My life's as messed up as it can be without your help, thanks.' You gestured one hand to the door, and when he only continued to stare at you, you folded your arms with a deep breath.

'That's not fair, we had some pretty good times in highschool,' he reasoned. You gritted your teeth and shot him dagger glares. 'I guess not.'

'What do you want? And how did you even know where I live?'

'I'll explain everything once you put on some decent clothes and underwear,' he told you, cocking an eye at your chest which was covered only by a thin vest top. His gaze travelled down to your cotton shorts, which did not exactly gracefully cover your legs.

'I'd rather you leave,' you retorted.

'I'd rather you hear me out,' he stated stubornly, meeting your eyes with determination.

You growled down at him, before aiming a kick at his shin and moving towards your bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, this is the first part :/

Sorry, its so short and vague...

The next part will be longer :)

 

I felt bad because people had nothing to go by when they click on the story :')

 

Annyeong! ^^

Oh, and leave a comment on what you think will happen!

Thank you to my first few subscribers! Haha ^^'