02

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A middle-aged woman wearing a black and white work suit with her hair pulled back into a tight bun was the person who opened the door for me.

“Yuri-ssi, please hand me your bags and hurry in” she said with extra politeness. I awkwardly gave her my suitcases and quickly got in, escaping from the cold wind.

 

Walking further inside the house, I noticed that almost everything changed since the last time I’ve been there; the walls were a baby-blue color instead of the creamy white with silver-ish lightning-like lines swiping through the walls, the furniture was much more modern yet classy, and last time I’ve checked, the staircase wasn’t across from the door. As much as I hated to admit it, that woman had taste.

 

“I never thought you’d agree to come here” a familiar voice spoke, and I immediately knew the owner of it. With a fake grin I turned around, facing Sekyung, the snake woman.

“Well, I agreed, and I’m living here, so deal with it” I spoke with a sweet voice, and her response was the usual. She twists .

With a snap of her finger, the maid who opened the door earlier came in the matter of few seconds. Locking eyes with me, Sekyung ordered the maid to lead me to my room which, to my displeasure, was across her daughter’s room.

 

I went inside and carelessly let my body fall on the soft of the bed, and then I turn on some loud rock music. So many things swirled in my mind; how am I going to face my dear father? Will I have a new start at the new school? Probably not, since I’ll cause trouble there anyway.

I didn’t notice that a certain someone got into my room until I heard a foot tapping on the wooden floor. I tilted my head upwards, only to see the person I didn’t want to meet the most.

“What are you doing in my room? Get out”

“My house, my rooms. And turn off that piece of you have, I can’t bear loud music”. I looked at her for a good 30 seconds before I abruptly stood up, making her flinch and step backwards.

“I said get the out of my room” I said with a threatening voice, stressing the ‘my’. As I noticed, she became less scared of me and stayed rooted on her place, looking at me with a challenging gaze.

My demons took over me and I mercilessly pushed Minah against the wall, keeping a firm grasp around her neck. To her disadvantage, I was taller than her, which fortunately made me look more intimidating.

“You want it, you’ll get it” I was on the verge of slapping her pretty face when I heard my father’s exaggerated laughter from downstairs. It was my queue to release her. She fell on the floor, coughing and trying to drag precious air into her lungs. I grabbed a fistful of her hair and made her look at me.

“Don’t defy me. Tell dad what just happened and you’re dead” I said with a final glance and headed downstairs, where dad was having a random conversation on the phone. Once he saw me, he quickly ended the phone call and greeted me with a warm smile, his arms wide open, waiting for me to hug him. Of course I was flabbergasted because I thought he’d reprimand me the second he sees me. I gave him a quick hug and looked at him. My father was a short man, and we were almost the same height.

“Aren’t you going to scold me because I got expelled?” I asked carefully as we went to the dinning room. He twisted his mouth and shook his head with a small smile, and I couldn’t help but grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter