Chapter 17

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

 

 

  

 

“It’s unfair!”

“Don’t make me say it twice, Yuri, we’ve had this conversation”

“But—”

“No buts, you know you’re on curfew and it won’t end till next Saturday”

“She told you to not bring me, didn’t she?”

“It’s done. You’re not coming. Period”

 

I frowned hard at him, almost wishing to burn him alive if I had laser in my eyes, but no, I couldn’t because he was my dad.

He sighed without a sound and headed to the front door, shutting it in my face. From the living room’s window I could see him marching to his car, his elegantly dressed wife sitting next to him, clad in a grey silk evening gown, while Minah sat in the back seat, wearing a black lace dress that I thought was mine when my father had just brought it and handed it to the maid. She sure was happy, knowing that the party was organized by Sehun’s parents and that would give her the chance to chat him up. I knew she was trying to be with him again; those love struck and remorseful looks she gave him the day he visited me (the day of our first kiss) told the whole story.

Even though her face was still damaged, make up did a great job covering the majority of bruises and she looked almost flawless. Before I stepped away from the glass, her manicured fingers lifted and did a quick wave as she smiled smugly, and then the car rolled away. At that very moment I wished that God would strike her with lightening.

 

I strutted to the kitchen while I dialed Sehun’s number, waiting for the (new) maid to finish making dinner.

 

“Missing me already?” was Sehun’s line once he picked on the second ring. The mere sound of his voice made squeal inwardly and I broke into a goofy grin.

“Not really” I bent over the kitchen aisle as I twirled a strand of hair around my index. I never do that. Like ever.

“Well, I miss you” he said, and last night’s flashback kept replaying in the back of my head, making me reminisce how he bought me back home safe and sound, around two in the morning, and how kissed me passionately before helping me sneak back inside the house without waking anyone.

“Going way too soft on me, master”

“Things have changed now, and it’s the master of your heart and soul that I wish to be, milady”

“Go away you’re so greasy” he chuckled, the sound rumbling through the phone. “So, I’ll be seeing you tonight?”

“Uhh … about that” I started uneasily, “dad has forbidden me from coming, I can’t come”

“What?!” his voice was incredulous over the phone. There was a short pose before he spoke again “Well I guess I’ll just come to your place, and bring you to the party with me”

“Are you insane? My father would freak out”

“Then I’ll just come and stay with you, and screw the party anyway”

“Then it’s your father who’s going to freak out”   

 

He sighed heavily, and I could imagine disappointment spreading across his face “Did you know the whole gang is here”

“You’re kidding.”

“Hell no, even Kyungsoo is here and enjoying the freaking champagne” there was another pose, followed by shuffling sound in the background, then a voice calling his name before he as on the line again “Look, I have to go”

“I know, you go and enjoy the booze”

“You sound jealous”

“Because I can’t drink yet? Definitely. Now go away and entertain the guests”

“Okay…”

“Okay.”

 

 

Few minutes before the pasta was done, I sent the maid home, telling her that she could have the rest of the evening to herself. The timer went off and I dragged the porcelain tin that contained mouthwatering pasta with lots of cheese, placing it on the table before hunting for an empty plate.

There was a knock on the door of the kitchen, and I rolled my eyes at the maid who had probably forgotten something, but as I opened the door, it appeared to be Sehun who knocked, holding a paper bag in his hand while a smile graced his lips.

 

“What are you doing here …” I asked in a daze and he stepped inside, closing the door with his foot and leaning down to plant the most delicate kiss on my lips.

“I told I would ditch the party”

“For me?”

“Now, now, don’t get cocky” he chuckled, “but yeah, for you”

An overwhelming impulse took over me and I pulled him down to me, one hand from his belt, the other from his collar, and I frantically devoured his lips, taking him by surprise at first, but he countered with the same feverish ardor, lifting me up to the kitchen aisle and standing between my legs, pressing our bodies together as he took opportunity in a small moan I released to slide his tongue in and explore, receiving no resistance from me because I was enjoying the sensation too much to fight back for dominance.

When both of us ran out of breath, we pulled away.

“Let’s continue this after dinner, shall we?”

 

I set the table for two people when he asked me out of the blue if we had wine glasses.

“Of course, but why?”. The answer comes when he drags a bottle of what seems to be wine from that paper bag. Excited, I went looking for those glasses.

“Lafite 1982” he said in British English, sounding like he bit his tongue in the middle of his sentence. I chuckled as he poured wine in small quantity in each glass.

“So,” I started as I scooped pasta in both plates “you’re father has no idea where you are”

“Mhm” he managed, monosyllabically, as he picked his glass and took a small sip “I doubt that he cares at all, you surely have came to realize that I’m not very found of my father”

“That’s not hard to find out. I don’t know to which level I could compare myself to you,” I said, speaking about my mother, “but we’re on the same boat”

He picked his glass and I did the same “to our boat”

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you were into horror movies” I stated once we were seated with wine, again. The Saturday Night Movie was Lovely Molly, an utterly disturbing film that talks about a woman’s struggle to overcome a dark presence that haunts her.

“They’re pretty interesting”

“Why? Bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter