chapter 05

The devil inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Throwing my homework out of the window was just plain great, but what could I do? I was on the verge of going insane so I just crumpled those maiden papers. If only I could hold my temper I wouldn’t be standing at my locker at 7:50 in the morning, trying so hard to fix my scrunched up papers. 
With an exasperated sigh, I gave up and slammed my locker shut after I madly shoved my homework in my pack. It wasn’t half-way done anyway.

Just when I was going to get in my philosophy class, I was dragged back to my locker with too much force that I stumbled backwards and almost fell down, first.
 
“What the fu—” I stopped mid-sentence as I realized that culprit who was going to make me the laughingstock of the entire school was none other than the ert who threatened me of .
“Good morning, noob” he tightened his grip around my wrist to the point that it made me visibly wince, which satisfied him, judging from his delighted smirk.
“Krisus Doughnuts! Let me go you bastard!” I tried to wriggle out of his hold but he pinned me with one murderous glare. What is wrong with this psycho?
He raised his hand, and I started to freak out. He wouldn’t possibly hit me in front of everyone, would he? 
We earned strange looks from every student passing by; girls were dirty-talking about me as I supposed, and boys frowned hard at that psycho. He and I were the hot gossip topic of the hour. 
 I thought he was going to slap me across the face for what I did yesterday, but just when I shut my eyes tight, he rubbed my forehead with his thumb.
“I shouldn’t probably hurt you; you look like some fat mouth, book warm girl walking around with ink on her large forehead” the insolent jerk managed to embarrass me, because I was sure that my face was burning with rage. He said it loud enough to make some students snicker.

“Hey ! Take that back” I demanded as my hands clinched into tight fists. He turned around and glared at me.
“Or else what?” he challenged me, and my blood began seething. I was about to lunch myself at him, but the bell rang, and the teacher was walking towards us. I sighed heavily and sent him few glares from hell before grumpily stomping my way inside the class.

Sitting behind Namji, I dragged my stuff and scrambled few curses on my notebook, emptying my overcrowded mind. Namji turned around and took a glance at my writing “Oh, someone must be upset today” she commented. If she didn’t smile too nicely at me, I would’ve choked her. “What happened?”
Her bright morning face was more than adorable and I softened at her concern. “just got into a small argument with some jackass” I muttered darkly and looked up only to be met with the retard. Speak of the devil.
“Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me” I buried my face in my palms as I whined when I realized that we were in the same philosophy class. The girl in front of me seemed to notice my reaction and looked up to the guy who just walked in. she smiled at him and he nodded towards her. Wait up; is she one of his fan girls?
“Is it him the jackass you’ve been talking about?”
“Yeah, I hope I’m not offending you by the word” 
“No, not at all. Sehun is actually much more than a jackass. We call him worst names in our gang” she shook her head as a little smile played on her lips.
Our fat philosophy teacher glared at us, demanding some silence. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes after she turned to the blackboard. Ugly wail. 
“So you’re friends with that Sehun guy?” I asked, my voice a mere whisper.
“Yeah, actually, he’s my cousin” she stated, her tone showing how she wasn’t pleased with that fact. “I wish girls would someday know how much of a snarky little he is and be disgusted of him instead of worshipping at his feet”. I chuckled and earned another defiant stare teacher Lee whose was larger than the door. There, another teacher who hated me was added to the list which contained many from my previous school.


Sport was my favorite school subject. 
After changing into black shorts and red t-shirt, I met my sport teacher for the first time. The man whose name was Xiao Feng was cooler than I’ve imagined. Unlike the other uptight teachers, he joked around with his students and acted care-freely towards everything. I even found out that he was from the same city I used to live in back there in China.

“After the warm-ups, I want you to run 240 meters, full speed, got it? See the wall over there” he pointed to the wall behind the soccer field, “there are numbers that indicate the length, and you’ll know when to stop”. I nodded walked towards the football field that was occupied with some guys. They looked at me for a while before they got back to their own business. As I tied my hair in a messy bun, coach Xiao gave a guy the chronometer and told him to survey me.

“Hi” the dark-skinned boy approached while I was stretching. I had to admit that he was somehow eye-catching; for a Korean guy, he had an attractive tanned skin that made him look all the more exotic.  
“Hi” I replied robotically, and before I realized it, that guy grabbed my leg out of nowhere and placed it on it shoulder. I yelped in surprise at his sudden action.
“Hey!” I glowered, “What if I wasn’t flexible you goof?! What if I had a freaking muscular spasm?” I had to hold into his shoulders for support, and to my bewilderment, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter